high school memories,..some of the worlds greatest music

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best 80s song ever. Period.

80's aren't exactly my decade but wow, I wouldn't have put this in the top 100. Excellent video, good song but nothing special IMO. Note, I'm not challenging your opinion, just your "Period."

Even though I'm more a fan of 50's and 60's music, the 80's had some great stuff. If I had to pick the definitive song from the decade I'd probably go with When Doves Cry by Prince but then I'd get in a argument with myself as there's no such thing as THE definitive song from any era. JMO.

Here's some 80's songs that stood out for me, a dad in his 30's at the time: Somebody (Depeche Mode), Faith (George Michael), Kids in America (Kim Wilde), Careless Whisper (Wham/GM), Papa Don't Preach (Madonna, Every Breath You Take (Police), West End Girls (Pet Shop Boys), Don't You Want Me (Human League), Jack and Diane (John Cougar), The Living Years (Mike&The Mechanics), Sweet Child of Mine (Guns&Roses), Money For Nothing (Dire Straits), Billy Jean (Michael Jackson), Our Lips Are Sealed (Go-Go's), Another One Bites the Dust (Queen), Centerfold (J Geils Band), True Colors (Cyndi Lauper), Tainted Love (Soft Cell), London Calling (Clash), I Love Rock and Roll (Joan Jett&Blackhearts), Love is a Battlefield (Pat Benatar), Stand (R.E.M.) and Total Eclipse of the Heart (Bonnie Tyler).

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys have no clue what good high school music was.... lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't really rate 80's music without the video :)

Actually I would suggest this is especially true of music fans that grew up during the MTV era. For me, it's easy to separate them (most of the time). But yeah, if I were rating these as video/songs, Take On Me would rate much higher in my book.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone for Tennis, White Room, Tales of Brave Ulysses and so many more.

Crossroads and Spoonful on the same album! Crossroads is my favorite but for some reason I couldn't get it to post from YouTube or I would have used it.