DJ’s fumble

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trade him while he’s worth a second rounder , he’s 26 years old already and prob has 2-3 MAX left in the tank as a productive back . Modern day NFL you can get a stud RB in the 3rd round ...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought DJ broke his left wrist? Seems like the hit from Barr that caused the fumble, the ball was in his left hand so if I'm correct, it was in fact the wrist that got hurt last year?

That said, I don't think you can just instantly assume cause and effect, Barr hit right on the ball, I've seen perfectly healthy RB's fumble in that situation.

The concern is evidence is building up, 2 fumbles, several drops including at least 2 in that game, one of which might have been a TD, if he catches it he's 1 on 1 with a CB to score. There's been several plays where watching live I think it's going to be a good run maybe 10 plus yards and he gets 3, that almost never happened his first 2 years. He's always been "patient" but right now he seems indecisive. Maybe it's he doesn't trust the OL, but at times he just seems to be sticking his head down and plowing forward when there is in fact a hole. There's occasional signs, a good run where he nearly busts it and you think ok he's getting there, but the consistency is not there. as others have said hes' blowing blitz pickup. I don't know whose fault it was on the run from the endzone when he and Josh collided, normally I'd blame the rookie QB but the reaction there seemed like Rosen thought it was DJ's fault.

Just not good signs.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chandler & Budda playing great even under this pathetic staff really shows you how special they are(Yea, I think Budda is special).

Also, I guarantee Kirk will be a top 10 WR within the next 2 years. Can’t wait for him to reach his full potential under a competent coaching staff.
Top 10?!? Whoa. I’m excited for him, but slow your roll. That’s a mighty huge leap you’re making.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why only limit Kirk to the slot though? Please don’t say height because he’s pretty much on par with AB & OBJ height-wise. I think he can be just as good on the outside & has shown some of that.

I don't believe Kirk has the top end speed of a perimeter-only WR. I view him as having the ceiling of an Emmanuel Sanders. Very good player who you don't take off the field, but is better in the slot where he benefit from more two-way-option routes. He can play on the outside, but that is not where his skill set is maximized IMO.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
this was the first game where I thought DJs running is part of the issue

he is being indecisive-- he used to get north/south quickly. As an example, there was a carry early in the game where he had 6 yards or more had just busted it up where it was blocked -- instead tried to cut back twice and go outside only to be tackled by Tre Waynes for a 2 yard gain.

It got better later it the game, but I wonder if he so lacks confidence in the hole being where its supposed to be that we see this tentative tap dancing as he approaches the line.....

that carry early in the game that you mentioned, must have been the ONLY one they created any space for him .... since the first game (practically speaking)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose