Leftwitch?

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
Lots of talk if they fire Mcoy that Byron Leftwitch would make a good switch, what do you think?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He is from the Bruce Arains offense school and I think would really open up the offense for Rosen and DJ. Can't be any worse. Nothing to lose and if there is no improvement get a new OC in the off season.

Exactly.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's what people on the board have been suggesting given his coaching roots are with Arians (and the desire by most here to return to an offense with some similar concepts).

But I haven't actually heard anything outside of the board to suggest this. Have you or anyone seen any local/national coverage suggesting this?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
That's what people on the board have been suggesting given his coaching roots are with Arians (and the desire by most here to return to an offense with some similar concepts).

But I haven't actually heard anything outside of the board to suggest this. Have you or anyone seen any local/national coverage suggesting this?

Nobody outside of the fan base cares about this mess. And half of the local media dont really care either. The only independent reporter in this town is Bob Kemp and he has lost his edge. Wrong most of the time

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We are going nowhere this year. We suck. Let it play out, fire them all up to Keim and rebuild for next year. BA looks better every game.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long time no see @bigredjane. Nice you are posting again. I think you left at one point because you were sick of all the negativity. Well, we got plenty of that negatively going on now. . lol..

I liked Leftwich as a player regardless of his overall body of work. Some here seem to think he has a positive effect on Rosen and that is what they're clamoring for. Me, I'm unqualified to make that choice, but I'm all in if it works.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

Gambo was talking about it on his show today. He seems to think Leftwich would be a upgrade at OC if McCoy gets the boot after thursdays loss against the Broncs. I only caught bits and pieces of the show but that was the general consensus on the topic.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jason Michael called plays for Ken Whisenhunt in Tennessee . He is the Tight Ends coach and may get the nod over Leftwich.

Either Leftwich or Michael are going to run the same vertical concepts as Arians/Whisenhunt as opposed to whatever the heck McCoy runs.
They will get run game going and go long on play action like Arians/Whisenhunt.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He is from the Bruce Arains offense school and I think would really open up the offense for Rosen and DJ. Can't be any worse. Nothing to lose and if there is no improvement get a new OC in the off season.
I agree with this. Cards aren't going to the playoffs. Give him a shot.. If it works, great, if not find someone else.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want the Cardinals to lose no matter how that would affect McCoy's status.

To my mind an effective leader does not use fear as a motivational method.

Go Cards!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
My gut says Leftwich.

He's called plays in preseason, and a lot of this offense is comfortable with the Arians terminology and concepts. Being so close to Josh, I feel like he can translate this faster than a Ken Whisenhunt disciple. Plus he's the first guy I saw Josh go to in the early moments of his first games.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Relying on rookie QB and a rookie play caller is too much for risk averse Wilks. I think Wilks will go with Jason Michael. You have a point though.
My gut says Leftwich.

He's called plays in preseason, and a lot of this offense is comfortable with the Arians terminology and concepts. Being so close to Josh, I feel like he can translate this faster than a Ken Whisenhunt disciple. Plus he's the first guy I saw Josh go to in the early moments of his first games.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
It has to be Leftwich going forward. He's called plays in the preseason. Relationship, familiarity with Rosen, Knows his strength and weakness. Don't forget the system Leftwich ran at Marshall in which he was wildly successful at throwing for over 4k years each his Jr and Sr season. I think he will run his own system completely separate from Arians...

Last edited:

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here is my take.... I was sick of BA's playcalling..... What was once unpredictable (3rd and 1? throw it 20+ yards!!!) His unpredictability became VERY predictable.... But God!!! It was better than this BS playcalling.

With all due respect to who mentioned it on this board... I would take his young nephew's playcalling in Madden over McCoy's, if for no other reason, then it might bring some sort of surprise element.

I'm convinced that Rosen's PA TD on play 1 vs the Niners, was successful because every other first down... We ran a trap play on first down.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how Leftwich’s name keeps popping up. He has 1 year of experience of being a QB coach, that’s it. Kevin Garver was denied an interview for the seahawks, I think he’s the one up next for OC.
Garver was denied an interview as Wide Receivers coach, not OC. He's now in his FIRST year as WR coach for the Cardinals. He's probably 30 but looks like he's 23. He was an offensive assistant at Alabama while in undergraduate and grad school. I'm in the camp of "ANYONE but McCoy" - but, this guy REALLY doesn't seem ready.

Leftwich was an INTERN two years ago, and has one season as QB coach under Arians, and played in 60 NFL games. Again... super under-qualified.

Jason Michael at least has several years of experience coaching WRs and QBs at the NFL level, and two years as OC of the Titans - BUT, their offense was in the bottom 5 of the league both years! Not much better, but still, better than McCoy! And, though i like that Garver and Leftwich are from the Arians "tree", Wilks is surely much more likely to pick one of the guys he brought in, not a holdover from the previous regime. (Not that i think Wilks would have the final say, but even in these circumstances, i'd expect him to have SOME input into the decision.) So, unless Bidwill and Keim are hugely high on Garver or Leftwich, i think Jason Michael is the most likely guy to succeed McCoy if, as we all hope, McCoy is fired mid-season.

...dave

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score

It's all they talked about yesterday. Every time I got in the car, the talking heads would be on McCoy, or DJ31's troubles. Most implied DJ was having trouble grasping the details and looked confused and tentative. One was openly campaigning for Leftwich - the other option was the TE coach, who used to be Whis' OC with the Titans.

OP
OP
bigredjane

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
Thank you Mr yeahbut, nice to be missed and you were right about the negativity, but it is what it is! Let's hope someone does something soon or the troops will be uprising!!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Don’t know what any of them bring to the table. I know what McCoy brings. I’ll be good with any of the other guys.

My question is, what is Wilkos’s influence on the offense and is he hamstringing things as well?

He’s the boss and if he is influencing the play calling, it won’t matter who they have as OC.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave