Manifest (Netflix)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched the first 10 minutes of Manifest (sneak peak on twitter) and I may have to check that one out.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I just watched the first 10 minutes of Manifest (sneak peak on twitter) and I may have to check that one out.

Caught the first episode on Hulu. I'm intrigued - don't know how long they can string along the concept before it gets monotonous.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Caught the first episode on Hulu. I'm intrigued - don't know how long they can string along the concept before it gets monotonous.
I thought it was terrific. But you're right, can they sustain it?

I don't know, I think many people said that about a show about a plane crash on a deserted island...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I thought it was terrific. But you're right, can they sustain it?

I don't know, I think many people said that about a show about a plane crash on a deserted island...

I thought it was good, but am unsure about many of the lead actors. The agent was wholly underwhelming; the sibling adults? Eh. Cool story so far, though.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought it was good, but am unsure about many of the lead actors. The agent was wholly underwhelming; the sibling adults? Eh. Cool story so far, though.
I've never been a fan of the male lead (Prince Charming from Once Upon a Time), I always thought he was gawdawful on that show. He was bearable in this first episode.

Stout

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of the male lead (Prince Charming from Once Upon a Time), I always thought he was gawdawful on that show. He was bearable in this first episode.

THAT'S where I saw him! Thanks for jarring that memory loose. Bearable; that's an excellent description of him in Manifest.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I just saw the premiere of Manifest and am very intrigued about the premise. It is the type of plot I like. We will see where it goes from here.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the first two episodes last night.

Intriguing concept - will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Stout

Reaction score
I think they did a good job avoiding a really awful story line that some shows would drag out all season in the 2nd episode, which was a nice followup.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liked the first 2 but I have this fear it's going to become Under the Dome or Zoo eventually if they're not careful.

Stout

Reaction score
Liked the first 2 but I have this fear it's going to become Under the Dome or Zoo eventually if they're not careful.

It would have to get grotesquely bad before falling to the depths of Under the Dome. Even hate-watching and a hot redhead couldn't keep me with that show through a season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would have to get grotesquely bad before falling to the depths of Under the Dome. Even hate-watching and a hot redhead couldn't keep me with that show through a season.

Some shows get into this vortex where they have a great idea and don't know how to end it so they just keep throwing curve balls and it gets really bad. I really hope Manifest doesn't do that, I love the idea. There was a Twilight Zone that had a similar idea about a plane landing years after it took off but Manifest has a whole other level to it so far with the hearing voices and righting wrongs stuff involved.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Some shows get into this vortex where they have a great idea and don't know how to end it so they just keep throwing curve balls and it gets really bad. I really hope Manifest doesn't do that, I love the idea.
You just described Flashforward. That was one of ABC’s first tries at replicating Lost. And arguably season 5 of Lost.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About halfway through the first episode. I'm intrigued and only stopped because I was done eating my dinner and needed to get back to work. I think it's interesting and will keep watching, but it feels cheap to me. So far it just feels like an intriguing idea with some kind of half-assed writing, production, and acting around it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
About halfway through the first episode. I'm intrigued and only stopped because I was done eating my dinner and needed to get back to work. I think it's interesting and will keep watching, but it feels cheap to me. So far it just feels like an intriguing idea with some kind of half-assed writing, production, and acting around it.
That’s a pretty strong opinion after only half of a pilot. :)

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
I can't stand the NSA director. He is violating civil rights and have no idea what these people are going through. And really the police captain should had stood up to the a** , when he threatened Michaela and Jared.
Director crossed a line and he does not care. Really someone needs to call him out on his crap.

Stout

Reaction score
My interest is starting to wane a bit. Instead of having to watch it that night, I finally watched it yesterday morning. That's usually the first sign. I mean, it's still okay, but not "must see."

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My interest is starting to wane a bit. Instead of having to watch it that night, I finally watched it yesterday morning. That's usually the first sign. I mean, it's still okay, but not "must see."

Lucy and I just watched it last night, we record it and yeah I'm losing interest fast. The snippet for next week looks a bit better but it's slipping pretty quickly IMO

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm still enjoying it for now. Looking forward to when it comes back.

Although the whole asking the higher power to spare her cop ex-fiancé's life has me a little worried that this may head to the dreaded religious themed show.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose