Wilks love fest with Edmonds?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Wasnt DJ31 on the injury report this week with a bad back? Where they trying to protect him?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You don't run the counter on short yardage. It's a slow developing play, they have a fast front 7, and you sure don't do it with your backup rookie RB. Put DJ in there and pound it with an ISO or zone blocking run up the gut. If they load the box, play action to a hot route from the side they're coming from.

I'm nowhere near a football field and I know this. Come on.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
if he can't just flat admit it was a mistake, his ass should be fired before he can screw up Rosen. Same with McCoy.

Dude he wont even talk about DJ.

The first question was why was Chase in there in that situation and he said; "We have a lot of confidence in Chase blah blah blah, (Throws offensive line under bus)..."

Then the next guy followed up with: "So why wasn't David in there?"

Same answer; "We have a lot of confidence in Chase."

Wow,,,,, just freaking wow.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wilks is not impressive at all. Believe we hired a dud and McCoy needs to go now. I mean everyone is freaking out about DJ not being in the game with it on the line. The one time you want a quick hitter with DJ up the middle this idiot doesn't do it.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wilks is not impressive at all. Believe we hired a dud and McCoy needs to go now. I mean everyone is freaking out about DJ not being in the game with it on the line. The one time you want a quick hitter with DJ up the middle this idiot doesn't do it.
Yeah that's really the problem today. Complete head scratcher.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
When you preach about committing to winning, then make a huge mistake by not having your best players on the field, and blame the players when you fail...you lose the locker room. It is only going to get worse this year. The best sign was how irritated Wilks came off in the press conference. 10 more of these and he may just crack.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you preach about committing to winning, then make a huge mistake by not having your best players on the field, and blame the players when you fail...you lose the locker room. It is only going to get worse this year. The best sign was how irritated Wilks came off in the press conference. 10 more of these and he may just crack.

Well said. Agreed.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They only ran DJ up the middle about 20 freaking times when they should have, maybe tried something else fer christsakes. Then when they had 2 downs to get 2 yards the coaching staff turns more brain dead than they've been the 1st 2.games. Gimme a break.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

I am waiting for a Ryan Leaf “knock it off” explosion. It won’t JUST be like Denny Green’s explosion because this guy is wound really tight. I see an eruption of historical proportions. Like Hal McCrae of the Royals

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Infuriating. That series he benched DJ31 for Edmonds as DJ protested on the sideline only to be shooed away... wow just wow. Entire momentum of the game changed after that
WAIT WHAT???

I wondered at the stadium if DJ was hurt or something. That's just freaking incredible.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I agree with this. Your best guys aren't taking meaningful snaps. So, time to change that.

But we might have made a bad choice at head coach, after two decent ones. I'm a little bummed.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Our coaches have no idea what to do with the talent we have on our roster. No clue at all. It's pathetic.

Arians and his staff had no problem dragging a team without DJ and Palmer to 8-8.

This team is fully healthy and they are laying eggs. It's on the coaching staff. I hope Michael is holding their feet to the fire.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was at the game and screamed why is Edmonds getting the ball on the most critical play in the game instead of Johnson?? What a stupid call. That was the game changer.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I mean, since we have the worst group of WRs in the NFL (other than Fitz obviously and Kirk who is still learning the game), I don't mind putting Chase Edmunds out there. But not at the expense of David Johnson! Both can line up in a split backfield and after scanning how the defense is gonna defend this, one can motion out wide. That's exactly what the Bears did with their RBs to move the chains on 3rd and short. Not even having David Johnson on the field in this situation is a crime. I mean we could have just lined him up instead of Chad Williams to put stress on the Bears defense. Instead all they had to do is double Fitz and overload the LoS.

Btw this was the ideal down, distance and crucial situation in the game to do some quick play action with David Johnson and roll out Rosen. Worst case you have another try to gain 2 yards. Running a long developing counter play with a smaller RB was at least 50:50 to lose yardage. Inexcusable!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I was wondering what happened to getting Johnson more involved in the offense. Another banner day with 16 total touches. :sarcasm: I guess that's a increase from weeks 1 and 2.

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
Posted in another thread that McCoy needs to go for that call and if Wilkes was ok with Johnson on the sideline then he needed to go as well. No excuse for that call. Rookie QB and rookie RB and you run a slow run to the left. How many times did DJ get 1 or 2 yards just plowing straight ahead. That was a joke.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We are the worst team in the league by far. And it is 90% Because of the coaching staff. What makes No sense....is the issues are so obvious and all we here is we have to execute better. The problem is we hired a coach with no experience and an OC who has been fired multiple times. So the scheme is wrong and yet they believe the players screw it up. It has never worked before hence why McCoy was fired and Wilks was never a HC ..... We are in serious trouble. And the bad thing is....this is a bad year to get the 1st pick. No Hall of Fame QBs in college. We have a QB anyway and a RB. Maybe take Bosa at #1 but trading the pick wont garner as much clout Because of the weak QB class. What sucks if we dont win this Sunday. It makes no sense to win at all. We could Have been 2-2 after This Sunday because Seattle is bad. We should Have won yesterday doing just the typical basic coaching moves. We are the only Franchise that can dig our way out of the jail cell....to only come up in the Warden's office. Bradford should never see the field again. And really should be on Americas Got Talent for being able.to fool teams.into paying him millions with nothing to show for it. We could have gotten Fitzpatrick...or just use Glennon since we started a QB. I love Rosen nut I wish we would have gotten Mayfield. :(

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
You'd Chase Edmonds was the second coming of Adrian Peterson the way Wilks is defending the bone-headed decision to give him
the ball on a critical third and 2 with the game on the line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose