Stop 2nd Guessing the Rosen Decision

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
With 4 minutes to go, I have no issue with the QB change. I noted in the game thread that it was similar to Jake Plummer's 1st NFL drive...late in the 4th qtr...and on his own 2 yard line...but Jake was even on the road in Philadelphia!

Rosen will be fine. Today's game did not damage him... let's just hope he remains the starter.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I agree but I don’t have a problem with it how it played out either. It could’ve been legendary if he pull it out & he had a chance

He really had a chance to be a hero and it was looking that way until the 3rd and 2 play call. I will only second guess the decision if they name Bradford the starter next week. In which case I will go insane

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
He really had a chance to be a hero and it was looking that way until the 3rd and 2 play call. I will only second guess the decision if they name Bradford the starter next week. In which case I will go insane

And you won't be alone. Thankfully Glazer made it sound like it all but official that rosen is taking over

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree but I don’t have a problem with it how it played out either. It could’ve been legendary if he pull it out & he had a chance
Yeah and instead he threw two pics and looked terrible. This isn't the movies. It was a dumb decision given the timing.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He didn’t look any worse than Bradford. No reason to change anything.
No, he really did. The Cardinals had zero chance once he entered the game. I have no issue with Rosen. I have an issue with the timing. But if anyone thinks that the team will magically take off with Rosen they are in for a big disappointment. The OC sucks and the WRs can't get open. No QB will change that. I hope I'm wrong.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He threw a pick. The other he made a foolish decision after knowing he had a free play.
Knowing he had a free play...Right. I get everyone is looking for any glimmer of hope and I don't want to ruin that. Defending this decision is beyond me so I will bow out.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, he really did. The Cardinals had zero chance once he entered the game. I have no issue with Rosen. I have an issue with the timing. But if anyone thinks that the team will magically take off with Rosen they are in for a big disappointment. The OC sucks and the WRs can't get open. No QB will change that. I hope I'm wrong.
I don’t think he’s gonna take us to the super bowl, but it’s hard to deny that Bradford has led the worst offense in the entire league. There is no reason to keep him around. I just wish we had a coaching staff that knew what they were doing.

Rosen looks significantly less scared and has room for growth. Bradford peaked a long time ago.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yeah and instead he threw two pics and looked terrible. This isn't the movies. It was a dumb decision given the timing.

Ahh phooy. 1) That pick six which was not a pick six due to a penalty, which was thrown at the line of scrimmage, was also very possibly seen by Rosen as a free play and why not try to force one in there 2) The second pick resulted in our bonehead OC not approaching a stout Bear DL on third down by actually doing what his system is good at and that is throwing three yard passes for a first down 3) Mack is the real deal and actually Wetzel did a hell of a job today going up against the premier pass rusher in the league which never should have came to that if our OC would visit the Wizard of Oz and request some common sense which most of us have had all along 4) A majority of our WRs have no balls or sense and know you have to attack the ball and not wait for it to get there 5) I am very happy about the Rosen era

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh Jake Plummers first drive was at the end of a game in disfunction?

Oh were fine then -__-

Its not even abiut damaging him as it is about just a complete disfunctional look and lack of confidence and stability. Total wrong way to do it.

Its like yanking off a performer in the middle of an act rather than waiting until intermission or the next show.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Oh were fine then -__-

Its not even abiut damaging him as it is about just a complete disfunctional look and lack of confidence and stability. Total wrong way to do it.

Its like yanking off a performer in the middle of an act rather than waiting until intermission or the next show.

Keeping an inept player in just for the sake of it would be the dumbest decision imaginable. The offense gave the game away period.

3 turnovers for 13 points, all in the 2nd half on consecutive drives. Bradford was fine for the 1st half which is why a change wasn't made at the half.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Oh were fine then -__-

Lol. Didn't you know that every good coaching decision is based off of what happened to the Cardinals during the Jake Plummer era?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results.

Bradford is done. The only way to find out if rosen is the future is to play him. Will it lead to wins? I have no idea but it was blatantly obvious that we were stuck in reverse with Bradford at qb

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
There seems to be a horrible lack of situational awareness with this staff. And it starts at the top IMO. Wondering how many times Wilks plans on talking about "Teachers" and "DNA" but then goes out there and puts his players in the worst situation possible.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results.

Bradford is done. The only way to find out if rosen is the future is to play him. Will it lead to wins? I have no idea but it was blatantly obvious that we were stuck in reverse with Bradford at qb
Agreed. Rosen should play. However playing your rookie QB for THE FIRST TIME with4:30 left in a game, sorry that is idiotic. I actually cannot remember a move that dumb by a Cardinals coaching staff, ever, and that is saying something.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was freaking AWESOME. The total vibe in the stadium was hype. Cardiac Cards type hype. But calling Chase Edmonds on 3rd and 2, then following it up with a deep downfield pass right after was just brutal playcalling. How about a slant to Larry or DJ out of the backfield on 4th to get the first and keep marching for the game winning FG? Rosen did fine, and moved the ball. It was a great feeling. He must start next week. Do not mess around, Cards.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

False, they marched and moved the ball, picking up first downs. Until the BONEHEADED call on 3rd and 2, every Bears fan in the stadium was terrified. It was palpable. He looked solid.

WTF with this Chase Edmonds love affair, btw? 3rd and 2 on a potential game winning drive with your QBOF first handed the keys and you RUN IT WITH THE BACKUP BACK? Not all world David Johnson?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There seems to be a horrible lack of situational awareness with this staff. And it starts at the top IMO. Wondering how many times Wilks plans on talking about "Teachers" and "DNA" but then goes out there and puts his players in the worst situation possible.
Poor situational football is a sign of poor coaching. We play poor situational football.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson