LA Angels @ Arizona Diamondbacks Aug 21 - Aug 22, 2018

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Saw a blip on ESPN this morning, something about that is the first walk off win on an error for the dbacks since 1999.

First live game for me at the stadium this year. Can't ask for anything better than a win, especially for the long 2 1/2 hour drive home (made it home just before one this morning).
(I actually had my rally cap on for the last 2 innings:D)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I guess I will no longer be able to read your tweets, because I am suddenly getting this message when trying to view your posts and have no intention of disabling my adblocker and tracking protection.

That is disappointing, Ronin, because I enjoy your messages on the various ASFN boards.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
SOUZA CROSSES THE LINE

During the on-field interview with AJ Pollock following the walk-off error that won the game, David Peralta gave him the Gatorade bath from behind.

Then Stephen Souza gave Kate Longworth a bath, directed at her. That was disrespectful! It reeked of a wet T-shirt prank without her approval.

It looks like Steve airing his Cup of Coffee interview show with Souza just a few days earlier went to his head.

As Steve pointed out, the players get to shower after the game. The announcers have to stay wet and wait until they get home to shower.

I hope that FoxSportsArizona, whom the announcers work for, not the D-backs, pressure the D-backs into taking action against Souza.

Perhaps it might lead to ending that childish hazing against the players as well.

Kate Longworth is indeed gorgeous. But I don't condone sexual abuse. If Todd Walsh were doing the on-field interview, would he have been a direct target? I don't think so.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is a worse defensive lineup than usually fielded. It will be interesting to see how this affects Buchholz.

Descalso is worse defensively than Marte (and Jay is probably a better fielder than Souza).

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I guess I will no longer be able to read your tweets, because I am suddenly getting this message when trying to view your posts and have no intention of disabling my adblocker and tracking protection.

That is disappointing, Ronin, because I enjoy your messages on the various ASFN boards.
I waited awhile and tried again. This time it opened. 'Good to see!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dbacks and Goldy do it again!!

2-run shot in the first!!!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Dbacks and Goldy do it again!!

2-run shot in the first!!!
The best 1st inning team in baseball has done it again. Two extra base hits with Pollock's double.

Now we have to keep the cobwebs off the bats for the remaining eight innings.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
SOUZA CROSSES THE LINE

During the on-field interview with AJ Pollock following the walk-off error that won the game, David Peralta gave him the Gatorade bath from behind.

Then Stephen Souza gave Kate Longworth a bath, directed at her. That was disrespectful! It reeked of a wet T-shirt prank without her approval.

It looks like Steve airing his Cup of Coffee interview show with Souza just a few days earlier went to his head.

As Steve pointed out, the players get to shower after the game. The announcers have to stay wet and wait until they get home to shower.

I hope that FoxSportsArizona, whom the announcers work for, not the D-backs, pressure the D-backs into taking action against Souza.

Perhaps it might lead to ending that childish hazing against the players as well.

Kate Longworth is indeed gorgeous. But I don't condone sexual abuse. If Todd Walsh were doing the on-field interview, would he have been a direct target? I don't think so.

I, too, thought this was pretty strange, but not knowing the relationship between her and the players, it's hard for me to know what to think about it. It could have all been in fun on both sides. I definitely wouldn't call it sexual abuse, but it was bizarre. On the other hand, if she's become a good friend to them and they just thought it would be humorous, it doesn't necessarily strike me as that crazy a thing to do at all.

Anyway, I lurk here daily and have no idea why I chose this topic to post on, but I appreciate being able to come here and see what y'all are saying.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goldy got a little unlucky on the ground rule double.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
No game coverage here in Tahoe. Why did they take Buchholz out?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Peralta makes it look so easy. A 2-out 2-run HR in the 7th for the 8-9 relievers. 5-0 D-backs. They better not blow it.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Souza strikes out to end the inning and leaves two runners on base.