Arizona Cardinals will crumble once injuries hit according to MMQB

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Same can be said of any team

This is true, but I think depth is a real issue this year. Under a lot of BA's teams, the talk in training camp was about how we will end up cutting several NFL quality players who would likely stick on other rosters (and many did). I think there's several positions where I question if the last guy or two at the position on the roster are really NFL caliber (TE, LB, CB and maybe WR come to mind immediately).

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is true, but I think depth is a real issue this year. Under a lot of BA's teams, the talk in training camp was about how we will end up cutting several NFL quality players who would likely stick on other rosters (and many did). I think there's several positions where I question if the last guy or two at the position on the roster are really NFL caliber (TE, LB, CB and maybe WR come to mind immediately).

Keim knows this. I expect to have as many as 6 new players (not on the 90 roster) on final 53 acquired through trades, FA and cutdown pickups

OH, Keim's reporting day is today per radio

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Same can be said of any team

It is tough to "gauge" depth. Personally I think the Cardinals have a pretty steep drop off in some areas, but as you said, it can be said for any team, and I am not about to go and compare the depth of this team to others.

But, you definitely make a good point. The Cardinals have good depth at QB, the Rams, not so much.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would look for a 3-4 DE after the third preseason game and guys become available... no way can this team depend on Da Niche no matter what they say to express confidence

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When you have as many misses as SK has had over the past few drafts you will always have depth issues. Maybe now that he is on the poo list he will start making better decisions for the coaching staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno. I mean, it's impossible for a team to lose their starting QB and LT and still win a Super Bowl, right?

It depends on the team. I'd say that for the majority of the teams this would end their chances at a SB. There may be a few teams that could survive this assuming they have a Top Defense and a quality backup QB. However not many teams are in that position to survive such key losses.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pretty su
It depends on the team. I'd say that for the majority of the teams this would end their chances at a SB. There may be a few teams that could survive this assuming they have a Top Defense and a quality backup QB. However not many teams are in that position to survive such key losses.

Pretty sure k9 was being sarcastic since that was exactly what Philly did last year. I tend to agree that our depth seems bad. In the first two preseason games, towhee the second string cane in there was a big drop off