Browns: Hard Knocks 2018

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not so. I have always been big, but rarely fat...but a pituitary tumor has caused my body to stop producing hormones so I have no metabolism...I am running 365 these days, nutritional plans and exercise has little effect... the only options the medical community can come up with is surgery...which is basically self imposed starvation...and that comes with its own host of health issues. people are not always fat because they are lazy or cannot push away from a bag of cheetohs.

curiously, a fairly high percent of the population are born with these pituitary tumors... in some people they grow later in life while in others they do not... but I hear they cause health issues for about 20% of the population
Outliers to not represent the majority though. I'm a large guy myself but I keep my weight down mostly just with proper diet. I have been working out lately but didn't for years and would keep weight down by just avoiding bread and Italian food.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m enjoying it. I like Lamar Landry more. I think that both sides of the WB competition are coming off well.

Hue Jackson looks like a clown. It doesn’t seem like anyone respects him. Part of that is the edit. But don’t put yourself in the position to look that way.

Lots of former AZ coaches on that staff. One guy sitting next to Haley was wearing a Suns polo in the premier.

Haley told Landry that “Fitzgerald would” put a troubled teammate under his wing. That was a cool moment.

Drew Stanton is funny!

I feel like Landry is not the person I expected at all. He seems like a genuinely good guy merging into a leader. Haley's comment was exactly the kind of coaching he needs too. I don't care if he is a dick, I still love Haley. He and Warner were the reason we went to that Super Bowl, not Wisenhunt.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Outliers to not represent the majority though. I'm a large guy myself but I keep my weight down mostly just with proper diet. I have been working out lately but didn't for years and would keep weight down by just avoiding bread and Italian food.

We are getting way off topic now, but as crazy as it sounds, look into zero carb aka the carnivore diet. The things people are doing on the diet and the maladies it is fixing are crazy. People are curing their type 1 - yes type 1 - diabetes with it along with a bunch of other autoimmune disorders. I am on day 12 of it and I feel better than I have felt in 10 years.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are getting way off topic now, but as crazy as it sounds, look into zero carb aka the carnivore diet. The things people are doing on the diet and the maladies it is fixing are crazy. People are curing their type 1 - yes type 1 - diabetes with it along with a bunch of other autoimmune disorders. I am on day 12 of it and I feel better than I have felt in 10 years.

I still eat carbs occasionally but I avoid them as much as I can. Lots of bread/noodles/wheat bear make me bloated and tired. I mostly eat meat, veggies, nuts and fruits.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

sounds similar to the paleo diet which I have been attempting for years... but I dont do the shopping, lol.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah all I could think during that scene is both Haley and Gregg Williams are sitting there plotting on how they'll get Jackson out and become the HC.
No doubt. Haley will be the next HC of the Browns.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I find it hilarious as hell that Jackson recently said he’s seriously considering Stanton as the backup QB should if Taylor got hurt? :biglaugh:

Really dude? Ownership should fire his ******* for such stupid comments. Jackson continues to show he doesn’t deserve to be an NFL HC.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your empathy is through the roof. Great character trait for a cop.

I give empathy when it’s warranted... if he has a legitimate medical issue causing his obesity I’d totally have empathy... But if he is huge just because he’s lazy and likes to stuff his face??? Yup no empathy warranted...

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's like Arizona Mid West out there. I keep looking for Amos Jones to make sure he is out of Arizona but haven't seen him yet.

The Fitz comment was awesome. And yes Stanton is hilarious.

The whole Calloway getting pulled over by the cops and then not being able to tell the team about it the next day was some dramatic stuff. I kind of felt bad for the kid because he knew he let his team down. HBO does such an awesome job with stuff like this.
Feeling bad for Calloway and his self inflicted mess ( going back to his days at U of Fl) escapes me. He is self destructive.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can't pick it cach it or shoot it, don't eat it.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give empathy when it’s warranted... if he has a legitimate medical issue causing his obesity I’d totally have empathy... But if he is huge just because he’s lazy and likes to stuff his face??? Yup no empathy warranted...
When I see obese coaches on the sidelines ( and they seem to be in the majority) it makes me wonder what the snack table looks like in the late night meeting rooms.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
When I see obese coaches on the sidelines ( and they seem to be in the majority) it makes me wonder what the snack table looks like in the late night meeting rooms.

cortisol...stress hormone,...causes belly fat.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Snack table might be loaded with Deep Dish Pizza !

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

And how do you make that call???

Someone who says they can just turn it on and off? Usually lacking. Because they're looking for a reason to turn it on and off, not trying to understand someone else's situation.

Sorry, bud. That just is what it is.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feeling bad for Calloway and his self inflicted mess ( going back to his days at U of Fl) escapes me. He is self destructive.

I said I kind of felt bad but yeah it was his own fault.

I thought the way Jackson handled the issue was laughable. Like making him play extra downs in the preseason was a punishment. That's no real punishment. No wonder why Josh Gordon never learns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose