2018 2nd round pick is Christian Kirk

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn't Metcalf have some good returns in the last game against the Chargers, including the return that put the team in position to win the game and go to the playoffs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
He had his only good return on the year on the Kickoff w/ :16 left to help set up the FG.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think he had some good punt returns that year, too...maybe even 3 for TDS in 1 game.
He had his only good return on the year on the Kickoff w/ :16 left to help set up the FG.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think he had some good punt returns that year, too...maybe even 3 for TDS in 1 game.

He had two in a game for Cle vs. Pitt, he longest PR for us was like 25yds.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kirk is slowly moving up my draft board fro fantasy football. I think I can steal him in round 9-10 because no one else will be looking at him.
I think you can get him much later than that. 9-10 round is not a value pick. He’s still an awful big roll of the dice.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think you can get him much later than that. 9-10 round is not a value pick. He’s still an awful big roll of the dice.
Your right he should still be there at 14 and maybe even 15. I never take D/ST or a K in the draft. Too easy to pick up later off of waivers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wadsworth was the right pick to make. He was as dominate as anyone who has ever played DL in college he was a stud. It's not like he chose to have 20 knee surgeries in his lifetime.

It's one thing when a player doesn't live up to potential because talent because of work ethic or off the field behavior but it's another when injury rob a player that's just bad luck and there's nothing you can do about that.

I've heard in the past that there were definite signs that Wadsworth had a degenerative knee condition that the Cardinals ignored. Microfracture isn't the result of freak injuroes.

History clearly shows the Cardinals should've taken Hall of Famer Charles Woodson.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've heard in the past that there were definite signs that Wadsworth had a degenerative knee condition that the Cardinals ignored. Microfracture isn't the result of freak injuroes.

History clearly shows the Cardinals should've taken Hall of Famer Charles Woodson.

You can't do that. Hindsight is always 20/20. You have to look how that draft played out when it happened. You can play that what if game all day long with every team in the NFL.

That was the right pick to make at the time. Not one GM in the NFL on that night takes Woodson over Wadsworth. To this day you get a freak pass rusher and a freak corner back guess who's getting drafted first.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You can't do that. Hindsight is always 20/20. You have to look how that draft played out when it happened. You can play that what if game all day long with every team in the NFL.

That was the right pick to make at the time. Not one GM in the NFL on that night takes Woodson over Wadsworth. To this day you get a freak pass rusher and a freak corner back guess who's getting drafted first.

Bob Ferguson and others overlooked the reports teams received about his knee. You are obviously missing the point; teams knew he had knee issues and teams ignored it.

The guy needed microfracture surgery during his SECOND season. That would mean that this wasn't a freak injury, the guys knees were toast when they drafted him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bob Ferguson and others overlooked the reports teams received about his knee. You are obviously missing the point; teams knew he had knee issues and teams ignored it.

The guy needed microfracture surgery during his SECOND season. That would mean that this wasn't a freak injury, the guys knees were toast when they drafted him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Then you probably should of been in that draft room because apparently the entire NFL ignored those warnings since he was the highest rated player in that draft and the pick was considered great by everyone in the football world.

Damn it

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Then you probably should of been in that draft room because apparently the entire NFL ignored those warnings since he was the highest rated player in that draft and the pick was considered great by everyone in the football world.

Damn it
No that’s the speaking heads. We have no idea what the rest of the nfl thought. Other organizations might have more appropriately downgraded him for known degenerative condition.

This isn’t 20-20 hindsight if they had knowledge they ignored. I hate that some of you use that phrase COMPLETELY INCORRECTLY.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No that’s the speaking heads. We have no idea what the rest of the nfl thought. Other organizations might have more appropriately downgraded him for known degenerative condition.

This isn’t 20-20 hindsight if they had knowledge they ignored. I hate that some of you use that phrase COMPLETELY INCORRECTLY.

Yeah cause reporters never find out stuff about prospects from teams or anything.

And who says the front office had information that his knees were messed up? To have that kind of information and still take him is just flat out insane and trust if he had those issues and an NFL team knew the whole football world would of known.

No that's kind of how hindsight works. When someone says well what we should have done as opposed to someone saying it would have been nice if we did this instead.

anyway

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah cause reporters never find out stuff about prospects from teams or anything.

Hahahahahha. That’s nothing more than a made up guess on your part. Say it with me . . . CON - JEC - TURE.

And who says the front office had information that his knees were messed up? To have that kind of information and still take him is just flat out insane and trust if he had those issues and an NFL team knew the whole football world would of known.

IF Krang’s assertion is correct they received medical reports to that end prior to the draft that were ignored or downplayed.

No that's kind of how hindsight works. When someone says well what we should have done as opposed to someone saying it would have been nice if we did this instead.

No one here is saying that we were saying not to draft him. We are saying they ignored important information that they possessed prior to the draft. That’s not hindsight. That’s criticism of the front office for not valuing the information yet he before the draft. I don’t think you understand what hindsight is.

anyway

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

has Krang actually showed any documentation/links that the team ignored reports of degenerative knees? You and I are pretty johnny-on-the-spot about Cards news and I don't remember reading that before.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
has Krang actually showed any documentation/links that the team ignored reports of degenerative knees? You and I are pretty johnny-on-the-spot about Cards news and I don't remember reading that before.
But we certainly don’t see everything. Particularly back then. To be honest I rely on this site for more cardinals news than anything else. I don’t know if it’s true, but it’s certainly reasonable. If Krang isn’t accurate then it’s hindsight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listen I understand having your buddies back on the board and all that, but when your going to the mat over something that's pretty much unheard of and sound blatantly made up that's a whole different ball game.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
But we certainly don’t see everything. Particularly back then. To be honest I rely on this site for more cardinals news than anything else. I don’t know if it’s true, but it’s certainly reasonable. If Krang isn’t accurate then it’s hindsight.

For all our crazy arguments, I trust too this forum for not only info from good ole Ronin, to when talking about the Cards more than any other NFL site about the Cards and the NFL in general. There are a lot of smart football guys on here from K-9 to freaking Ghandi across the Big Pond and I learn a lot, and then every so often we are privilege to get Harry's opinion... I would mention Buckybird, but one should never feed a Texan's ego lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Listen I understand having your buddies back on the board and all that, but when your going to the mat over something that's pretty much unheard of and sound blatantly made up that's a whole different ball game.

I searched Google and can't find the info, but I certainly remember hearing he was flagged for medical predraft.

It was during the medical portion of the combine, the docs found he had knee issues. Like I stated before, you don't get to a microfracture surgery without obvious signs of knee issues.

And as far as reporters reporting this stuff, medical info is confidential and it sometimes leaks it doesn't always.

The story I heard was that Ferguson had the info on Wadsworth, and opted to take him anyway, even though a similarly graded Woodson was there for the taking. It's a cautionary draft story that if you similarly graded players, both at positions of need, go for the one with clean medicals.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Wadsworth was the right pick to make. He was as dominate as anyone who has ever played DL in college he was a stud. It's not like he chose to have 20 knee surgeries in his lifetime.

It's one thing when a player doesn't live up to potential because talent because of work ethic or off the field behavior but it's another when injury rob a player that's just bad luck and there's nothing you can do about that.

That was before my time of following the draft closely but just seeing pics of that dude in college and his production/accolades:

He switched from defensive tackle to left defensive end for his senior season, registering 59 tackles, 19 tackles for a loss and 16 quarterback sacks, placing him second in both categories in the school's all-time records. One of four finalists for the Lombardi Award, he was named first-team All-ACC and a consensus first-team All-American. He was also selected ACC Player of the Year, and ACC Defensive Player of the year in 1997.

————

Also ran a 4.65 and had a 38.5 vertical at 278 lbs. He was basically Jadeveon Clowney.