2018 NL West thread

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
meh I don't trust Colorado's bull pen, because they don't have one. All that money down the drain, at least the Dodgers have Jensen coming back.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Problem is we can't seem to get hot, been playing near .500 baseball for most of the season, this team is incredibly inconsistent and our offense and pen don't like to show up a lot of the times, going to be really interesting to see what happens with this division.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Right now the schedule seems favorable for the DBs. Salvage a split with the Rangers, then 4 @ the Friars for 4 followed by Seattle. If they won 5 in that stretch, they could put some distance between them and the Doyers. But losing 2 to the Reds was no bueno. Games like this are missed opportunities.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Dodgers lose again

In the 9th no less after a 5th STRAIGHT bullpen implosion - this time it was Maeda!
Also, Puig got ejected again when he got into a physical rumble with Hundley... Yasiel Punk will never learn. And I remain convinced that LA will never win a championship as long as he remains on the team.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Puig is such a punk. I can’t believe they tossed Hundley, who took a couple pushes and never retaliated.

Last edited:

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Doyers are now behind Colorado in the NL West. I had a feeling that Machado rental for them was going to bust. He should never have been traded anywhere west of I-95. Their bullpen is gassed, Puig is being Puig again. Even if Machado picks it up later in the season, their end-of-game collapses at the hands of the bullpen has put them behind. Right now I'd be more worried about Colorado. They have a lot of home games down the stretch, and there's a resewn they call that place "Coors Canaveral."

Bonus: the DBs are now only .5 behind in the Wild Card race. They'll move up even more because Atlanta or Philly will win the NL east, and either Chicago or Milwaukee will win the central. You'd want to win the west to be sure, but it's insurance...just in case.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Right now, the DBs BFF are the St. Louis Cardinals. They have laid waste to the Doyers bullpen. Even tonight that dumpster fire can't be extinguished. Next up for the Redbirds: 3 at Coors Canaveral.

Say it with me now: The Cardinals are our friends..for now. :D

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Call me crazy... but with our strength in pitching, our timely hitting and the lack of dominance of any other NL team... I think this is our best bet for a title winner since 01.

Only disregarding the '02 team because like half the starters got injured in the 2nd half. If that team doesn't physically fall apart we repeat.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We've got great fielding (best fielding percentage in baseball), we've got several big quality hitters, and three legit starters. Unless we get a case of the May stupids, we'll go far into the NL playoffs.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We've got great fielding (best fielding percentage in baseball), we've got several big quality hitters, and three legit starters. Unless we get a case of the May stupids, we'll go far into the NL playoffs.

Fielding percentage, huh......

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Padres can't hold onto a lead, lose with two outs in the ninth to the Rockies

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Padres can't hold onto a lead, lose with two outs in the ninth to the Rockies
Rockies usually fold this time year but not so sure with this team. As DWKB said, September is usually not our month either. Will be an interesting finish.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Dammit... Giants were down 7-2 to the Rockies. Come back and take an 8-7 lead, only to cough it up in the 8th inning and COL goes on to win 9-8. Could you even imagine the Dbacks scoring 9 runs in a game? Or even over two games??? :eek: