Robert Nkemdiche aka "The Inactive One"

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on...

All reports from Camp says that it looks like the light Finally Came on. Members across the organisation has Been Praising him all Pre season.
To go from that to cut because of one injury in a game...

we heard the same talk last camp also.

he's the epitome of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Come on...

All reports from Camp says that it looks like the light Finally Came on. Members across the organisation has Been Praising him all Pre season.
To go from that to cut because of one injury in a game...

This is like watching "Grounghog Day"

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's the ultimate front runner. When everything's going his way, he shines. Like in practice when you get to go one on one against slow OL. But as soon as things get ugly and aren't going his way, he comes up with a mystery injury. We all know people like that.

The problem is in real games on the DL things are always ugly. Your success rate is what 5% or less? I don't think he has the mental makeup to cope with that, so he fudges on his assignments.

They'll keep him out until the real games start. I think Wilks is giving him every chance to succeed so there's no excuses when they let him walk or cut him next offseason.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He's the ultimate front runner. When everything's going his way, he shines. Like in practice when you get to go one on one against slow OL. But as soon as things get ugly and aren't going his way, he comes up with a mystery injury. We all know people like that.

The problem is in real games on the DL things are always ugly. Your success rate is what 5% or less? I don't think he has the mental makeup to cope with that, so he fudges on his assignments.

They'll keep him out until the real games start. I think Wilks is giving him every chance to succeed so there's no excuses when they let him walk or cut him next offseason.
And yet the Cards let go one of its top 3 all time & greatest D Lineman in the history of its franchise because “he’s too old & makes too much $$$” for this piece of garbage. Lol Oh yeah & he was the NFL DPOY as well.

Imo some guys have it in them to play for a long period of time, some don’t! This is going to stink & smell just like when the Rangers let Pudge Rodriguez go to the Marlins because “he caught too many games behind the plate”. Lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nkemdiche won't be cut, but that is due to our depth (lack of) at DT more than his production. In a 4-3, you have to have DT rotations, and that is also Wilk's history at Carolina. Nkemdiche may only get 30% snaps on gameday, but they need those 30% as part of the rotation.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nkemdiche won't be cut, but that is due to our depth (lack of) at DT more than his production. In a 4-3, you have to have DT rotations, and that is also Wilk's history at Carolina. Nkemdiche may only get 30% snaps on gameday, but they need those 30% as part of the rotation.
If our first round pick next year is anything but DL then I will be pissed.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If our first round pick next year is anything but DL then I will be pissed.

OT, DT, DE.

Are all huge needs and worth a first round pick. It looks to be lining up pretty well for us in relation to the prospects who should be available at those spots.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OT, DT, DE.

Are all huge needs and worth a first round pick. It looks to be lining up pretty well for us in relation to the prospects who should be available at those spots.
RT is definitely a need, but man, if we were to finish somewhere in the top 5, I couldn’t fathom taking a OL over Ed Oliver, Nick Bosa, or even Raekwon Davis.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there a 1st round pick that Keim has made that actually is working out? I mean:

Jonathan Cooper-bust and traded
Deone Bucannon-Some would consider him a bust
DJ Humphries-Jury still out
Robert Nkemdiche-pretty much a bust
Hassan Reddick-Jury is still out

Not one impact player among them.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Is there a 1st round pick that Keim has made that actually is working out? I mean:

This is exactly the problem I had with all of Keim's picks, no impact player in 5 years. Can that be said of any other team? Actually it doesn't matter if it applies to any other team, all that matters is it has happened to this team.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem is drafting guys and immediately changing their natural positions...that was the case for Buc (not a bust, btw), Robert, and Reddick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Part of the reason is we've been drafting in the back-end of the first round for the past few seasons (something that couldn't have been said years ago), so it's not as easy to get impact players as if we were consistently picking in the Top-10

Plus, many of our first-rounders have had major injuries or are/were injury prone.

Cooper's broken leg in his first preseason pretty much derailed his career. What if that doesn't happen?

Humphries gets better every year, but can't stay healthy.

Nkemdiche always has nagging injuries.

Bucannon has been getting hurt a lot the past couple of years.

I'm not convinced we had a very good training staff under Arians.

Yeah, most of Keim's first-rounders have been underwhelming, but at the same time, these guys can't stay healthy.

I'll say this: If Rosen becomes the QBoF, everything said about Keim's first-round picks goes down the drain. That's what's most important.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
This is exactly the problem I had with all of Keim's picks, no impact player in 5 years. Can that be said of any other team? Actually it doesn't matter if it applies to any other team, all that matters is it has happened to this team.

I am assuming you mean 1st round picks, because if David Johnson is not an impact player, then I would like to know what an impact player is.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Woah, the 2016 draft was pure poopy caca. At least we got Chandler Jones out of it.

I do not even remember who I was clamoring for in that draft. No one any good, I am sure.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would not find it a surprise if we see Nkemdiche on the final cut list. I don't think Wilks will look kindly on a guy that just doesn't produce for his supposed given talent and two Wilks inherited Nkemdiche so he has no obligation to him or investment in him. Let's face it a grizzled vet picked off the wavier wire would probably produce more than Nkemdiche has to this point. Look what Frostee Rucker did for several years when no one else showed any interest in him. Even Freeney was more productive in his time with the Cardinals. At this point considering his production, Nkemdiche is pretty easy to replace.
I've stressed patience with Nkemdiche, but, alas, he continues to walk, talk and quack like one of those nagging injuries guys.

The future is now, Deech, (assuming it wasn't yesterday).

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Part of the reason is we've been drafting in the back-end of the first round for the past few seasons (something that couldn't have been said years ago), so it's not as easy to get impact players as if we were consistently picking in the Top-10

That’s a good point, TJ. Just going back to 2013, which was Keim’s first draft as a general manager, and look at the four drafts until 2016 (the 2017 draft is hard to judge much from yet), there has been 31 picks between #32 and #25 (in 2016 deflategate took a pick away). 13 of those players are not with the team that drafted them anymore (and no team has given up on their 2016-first round picks yet). Of the remaining 18 players 15 of them are considered starters or get regular playing time (and that is including Nkemdiche). Of those 15 I would call 5 of them great players (center Travis Frederick, Dallas Cowboys – wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans – cornerback Xavier Rhodes, Minnesota Vikings – cornerback Jason Verrett, Los Angeles Chargers – linebacker Shaq Thompson, Carolina Panthers), though that’s obviously subjective.

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll say this: If Rosen becomes the QBoF, everything said about Keim's first-round picks goes down the drain. That's what's most important.
Depends on what we get in Rosen. Do we get an Alex Smith type who is decent and won't lose you games or do we get a Aaron Rogers/Phillip Rivers/Ben Roethlisberger type who is not only way above average but brings us success for years to come and maybe even a title. However, it won't take away from the fact that Keim hasn't drafted well overall.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've stressed patience with Nkemdiche, but, alas, he continues to walk, talk and quack like one of those nagging injuries guys.

The future is now, Deech, (assuming it wasn't yesterday).
Knowing our luck, we'll cut him then he'll go somewhere else and excelled.

Reaction score
Depends on what we get in Rosen. Do we get an Alex Smith type who is decent and won't lose you games or do we get a Aaron Rogers/Phillip Rivers/Ben Roethlisberger type who is not only way above average but brings us success for years to come and maybe even a title. However, it won't take away from the fact that Keim hasn't drafted well overall.

Compared to who?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose