Arizona Diamondbacks @ San Diego Padres Aug 16 - Aug 19, 2018

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Whew, Archie got out of that bases loaded jam and the score remains tied.

He really needs to find a second pitch. He has become a "close your eyes and hold your breath, fans" reliever.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Good job getting out of the jam you created Archie... But man, you are far from a sure-thing these days...
#fastballsgetsmashed
#needathirdpitchSTAT

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The all-or-nothing D-backs back on top 4-3 with a Pollock HR in the 9th. And it will be up to Boxberger when we get to the bottom of the 9th. Unless we get 4 or 5 more, that is. :)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The all-or-nothing D-backs back on top 4-3 with a Pollock HR in the 9th. And it will be up to Boxberger when we get to the bottom of the 9th. Unless we get 4 or 5 more, that is. :)

nail-biting time for sure...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well done Boxberger. A much needed win...
Going 5&4 on this roadie totally sucks... but they are 1/2 game ahead of COL.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Both the Rockies and Dodgers will get their crack at the Padres this coming week... While the Dbacks battle the Angels and Mariners. A dangerous condition is in play this week...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Hard to trust this Arizona team, but it's also hard to trust Colorado and Los Angeles to come thru in the end. Colorado and Los Angeles (without Jansen) both have poor bullpens. I think Colorado falters in the end, which leads LA and AZ. I have no idea how this season will end.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both the Rockies and Dodgers will get their crack at the Padres this coming week... While the Dbacks battle the Angels and Mariners. A dangerous condition is in play this week...

Yup. Dodgers took 2 of 3 in Seattle.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Hard to trust this Arizona team, but it's also hard to trust Colorado and Los Angeles to come thru in the end. Colorado and Los Angeles (without Jansen) both have poor bullpens. I think Colorado falters in the end, which leads LA and AZ. I have no idea how this season will end.
Wait. I read you gave up 2 months ago. You are just playing it close to the vest?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We're in first place. Have been all year, or within a game or two. Who gives up on that?

Boston is also in first place and their record is literally twenty games better than ours, largely due to the guy we gave them. Just couldn't find the money.
Why would you bother owning a pro team if you don't have the money to be competitive?

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're in first place. Have been all year, or within a game or two. Who gives up on that?

Boston is also in first place and their record is literally twenty games better than ours, largely due to the guy we gave them. Just couldn't find the money.
Why would you bother owning a pro team if you don't have the money to be competitive?

Because it’s immensly profitable.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd think that winning titles can compound profits pretty well.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
devilalum said:
And it’s not the owner it’s the market you live in.

Phoenix is the 6th most populated city in the country and the Valley of the Sun is the 6th largest metropolitan area. And it has an enclosed, air conditioned baseball stadium.

It is time to stop using the market as an excuse.

Last edited: