2018 2nd round pick is Christian Kirk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Do you think he would have genuinely survived being named the instant starter over McCown? Would he have saved Denny Green's job? If not, would his personality have matched up with Ken Whisenhunt, or would we have still seen Kurt Warner as the starter?

Aaron is one of the all time greats.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Do you think he would have genuinely survived being named the instant starter over McCown? Would he have saved Denny Green's job? If not, would his personality have matched up with Ken Whisenhunt, or would we have still seen Kurt Warner as the starter?
He may have saved Denny’s job

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...ies-to-watch-as-2018-nfl-training-camps-open/
I wasn't as high on Kirk as the masses or the Cardinals were. He was my 129th overall prospect (fourth-round value), but Arizona's front office nabbed him in the second round at No. 47 overall. He just didn't seem as twitchy or play with as much burst as the hype, which led to disappointing work after the catch. Kirk's combine performance lent more credence to those thoughts and generated a rather blah MockDraftable Web, with agility drills (three-cone, short shuttle, and long shuttle) in the 23rd, 6th and 5th percentiles respectively among all combine receivers starting in 1999.

And, he predominately worked in the slot at Texas A&M, which is precisely where Larry Fitzgerald has thrived late in his career with the Cardinals. So it's an awkward schematic fit. Just because I didn't love Kirk as a prospect doesn't mean I'll ignore him as a rookie. Here's the veteran depth chart in front of him to start camp; Chad Williams, J.J. Nelson, and Brice Butler. Clearly, Kirk has a fine opportunity to emerge as the No. 2 receiver option for either Sam Bradford or Josh Rosen, and after spending a second-round pick on him, the Cardinals will give him every chance to move into that role right away.

Kirk must prove he can not only create separation on the perimeter but evade tacklers with the ball in his hands with some regularity to find the important niche as Fitzgerald's apprentice early in his NFL career.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I really liked Miller & Gallop better than Kirk going into the draft.

I think Kirk will be a good NFL player, but can he be very good or great? We shall see, he’s got dynamic return skills.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Andre Wadsworth over Charles Woodson and Randy Moss (but a lot of teams passed on Moss). Several other Pro-Bowlers in that round also.

Wadsworth was the right pick to make. He was as dominate as anyone who has ever played DL in college he was a stud. It's not like he chose to have 20 knee surgeries in his lifetime.

It's one thing when a player doesn't live up to potential because talent because of work ethic or off the field behavior but it's another when injury rob a player that's just bad luck and there's nothing you can do about that.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Wadsworth was the right pick to make. He was as dominate as anyone who has ever played DL in college he was a stud. It's not like he chose to have 20 knee surgeries in his lifetime.

It's one thing when a player doesn't live up to potential because talent because of work ethic or off the field behavior but it's another when injury rob a player that's just bad luck and there's nothing you can do about that.

I support this post as much as any and at the draft the Cardinals are totally justify for taking him... those were legit freak injuries and nothing against Andre

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I made two negative comments about Kirk last week. Credit where due, Kirk played well in preseason game 2.[emoji106]

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I support this post as much as any and at the draft the Cardinals are totally justify for taking him... those were legit freak injuries and nothing against Andre
Our alternative that year was to take Ryan Leaf. We traded down one spot.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our alternative that year was to take Ryan Leaf. We traded down one spot.

In addition to the 3rd overall pick, we got the 33rd overall pick, a 1999 1st (8th overall), Patrick Sapp and Eric Metcalf.

ESPN even calls it one of the top 5 draft trades

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/201694/the-five-biggest-draft-trades-in-nfl-history

We ended up getting Wadsworth, Corey Chavous, and David Boston with those picks.

Metcalf was slowing down, but still had a little something. I think he got injured. Sapp was a backup/spot starter for us for two seasons.

If Wadsworth hadn't gotten injured and really been the next Bruce Smith, it could of been one of the all time best trades of any sport.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Didn't Metcalf have some good returns in the last game against the Chargers, including the return that put the team in position to win the game and go to the playoffs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Kirk is slowly moving up my draft board fro fantasy football. I think I can steal him in round 9-10 because no one else will be looking at him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA