Arizona Diamondbacks @ San Diego Padres Aug 16 - Aug 19, 2018

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I've been glancing back and forth at the game on TV as I worked on something on my desktop.

We'e leading. We've been in control. But, man, it has been tedious to watch. Souza clearing the bases got my attention.

3 1/2 hours and still counting in the bottom of the 8th. Oh well, at least, with a 9-4 lead, it will be back-to-back wins vs. the Pods.

P.S.: It looks like Peralta never made it to the ballpark or, at least, the dugout.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Is there any chance that the oblique strain, which put Robbie Ray on the 10-day DL early in the season, has remained a sore area?

Watching him early in the game, he looked awkward. Not falling off the mound as Godley has done, but not smooth.

I am sure the coaches and training staff are checking out all possibilities. BB said he has noticed lack of aggressiveness, so it might be in his mind.

BB's quote was, "It looks like he hopes to get them out, while last season he pitched to get them out." That was his quote.

I've been curious if the thoughts that BB shares with a huge TV audience are also shared with the coaching staff. Or, as a former Manager, Coach and Catcher, if he has to keep them to himself.

But he hardly keeps them to himself. It is a curious point if the Pitching Coach and Hitting Coach would welcome his observations.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Still no Peralta.
As mentioned in Post #82, it is now described as a stomach bug. I guess not mentioning that yesterday was a strategic move to keep us all in the dark and give the impression that he would be available to pinch hit. :shrug:

The Freight Train is not in Saturday's lineup either. Bringing Jon Jay on board to replace Chris Owings as 4th outfielder was a good move.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Peralta is back with the team, dressed casually in the dugout. 'Good to see.

I've said I'd rather see a single/double/single for two runs than swinging for home runs.

So I'm thrilled that the D'backs have scored two in the 1st inning with a double/double/single.

Don't forget the formula for the rest of the game, guys!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The question now is - can Godley hold the Pads to no more than 1 run since the odds of the Dbacks scoring again are, well...not great...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Most other pitchers would’ve been able to field that slow hit up the middle, but because Godley falls into the opposing teams dugout after he throws a pitch, he was totally incapable of making a play...
Tied up now... Dammit!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Yup, in the bottom of the 4th, Godley is back to falling off the mound. Singles and walks and the Padres tie it at 3-3.

His newest indiscretion is failing to back up a throw from the outfield, so he runs around the pitcher's mound to make it look like he's doing something. I couldn't stop laughing.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time for John Ryan Murphy to go to Reno and bring Owings back up

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now it’s Grienke, Corbin, Buchholz and a grab bag

Staff online

Forum statistics