4 game series
Today- Buchholz Vs Nix
Friday- Ray Vs Lucchesi
Saturday- Godley Vs Richard
Sunday- Grienke Vs Kennedy

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I see that Tory has shook up the batting order again with Goldy batting cleanup. In his situation, I can't say that I blame him.

But it is a sad commentary when the Manager is still experimenting in August. It is a hit (or not hit) and miss proposition. :rolleyes:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Three batters up, three batters in. Peralta with a 3-run HR. And Aviila singles in two more.

Nix, starting his 2nd Major League game for the Padres, the bases are loaded again, he's thrown 42 pitches and he's outta there.

Makita, the submarine pitching reliever, gets Pollock to leave the bases loaded and it's 5-0 Dbacks in the 1st.

Last edited:

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a failure of a first inning. We left THREE men on base.

How many 5 run, 3 LOB innings can this team put up and expect to win?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good start. Now let's see if they can tack on more runs!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bucholtz needs to retire those necklaces.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
2 hits since the 1st. Crazy how cold they can get.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Still only 2 hits in the last 7 innings and 11 left on base.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Steve and BB are talking about my pet peeve again -- "lift". Particularly how the air density changes this time of night in San Diego, but the D-backs hitters are still hitting just about everything up in the air. I appreciate their honesty. What about the Manager and Batting Coach? Don't they know?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Pretty awful display of hitting after the 1st.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
D-backs won the 1st inning 5-0. Padres won the next 8 1-0.

The winner and still standing. Buchholz and the Arizona D-backs. :thumbup:

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Buchholz doesn’t walk anyone and he doesn’t often give up the long ball. Pair that up with an incredible defense, which was on display last night, and you get a great pitching performance.

Last night was the ultimate Earl Weaver game plan: Pitching, Defense, and The 3-run HR.

Sad that some fans cannot appreciate what makes this team good and only focus on where they struggle.

Seems like some don’t understand how difficult it is to hit when you see so many different pitchers. Different arm angles, speeds, and pitch types.

SD blew through their BP in the first game of this series and we had a SP throw a complete game for the win. That kind of series advantage is something you only wish for, not expect.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Is this the first complete game from a starter from he dbacks this season?
2nd. Corbin had one on April 17th. Belt got the only hit on a check swing with 2 outs in the 8th. Corbin closed it out.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I see that Pollock is not in the starting lineup again (and against a lefty). Is there something going on with his health that we're not being told? Or could it be simply that Jay is hot right now and Pollock is not?

And that with Peralta taking Pollock's place as a middle of the lineup hitter (and Goldy, Souza and even Escobar, Marte and Avila being solid), we won't miss Pollock as much? Or maybe Torey just feels that Jay will provide steadier hitting.

It is a good thing we have Jay to step in (and as a prototype leadoff hitter). It is interesting that he's not playing CF tonight, though. The lineup shows him in LF and Peralta in CF. 'Interesting.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Buchholz doesn’t walk anyone and he doesn’t often give up the long ball. Pair that up with an incredible defense, which was on display last night, and you get a great pitching performance.

Last night was the ultimate Earl Weaver game plan: Pitching, Defense, and The 3-run HR.

Sad that some fans cannot appreciate what makes this team good and only focus on where they struggle.

Seems like some don’t understand how difficult it is to hit when you see so many different pitchers. Different arm angles, speeds, and pitch types.

SD blew through their BP in the first game of this series and we had a SP throw a complete game for the win. That kind of series advantage is something you only wish for, not expect.

Makita was a killer with that crazy arm-angle! However, it's still a tad bit unsettling that, once again, they scored in the first inning and were shutdown the rest of the way. Had 2 hits after the first inning and both were infield scribblers...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose