Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Something about that trailer reminds me of one of the War for the Planet of the Apes trailer; maybe it's the music.
You must be registered for see images attach

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh I can't wait for this. It looks amazing but Mothra looks really odd almost like a turtle head.

I'll be there opening day

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got my tickets for this Friday early morning.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see Endgame when it comes out on tv but I strongly suspect I'm going to see Godzilla in a theater. Like many here I grew up watching Godzilla movies. I wasn't all that fond of the last one I hope this is better but it looks like it will be.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Release date: May 31, 2019 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures, Legendary Pictures
Director: Michael Dougherty
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of monster action violence and destruction, and for some language)
Screenwriters: Michael Dougherty, Zach Shields
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Adventure
Website: Godzillamovie.com| Facebook| Twitter| MUTOResearch.net

Starring: Vera Farmiga, Ken Watanabe, Sally Hawkins, Kyle Chandler, Millie Bobby Brown, Bradley Whitford, Thomas Middleditch, Charles Dance, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Aisha Hinds, Zhang Ziyi

Plot Summary: Following the global success of 2014’s “Godzilla” and this year’s “Kong: Skull Island,” comes the next chapter in Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ cinematic MonsterVerse: an epic action adventure that pits Godzilla against some of the most popular monsters in pop culture history. The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths—rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just seen this.

Oscars all around!! This should sweep award season :)

I really liked how they did this the monsters looked great. I’ve been watching Godzilla movies since I was a small kid I remember going to blockbuster or Hollywood video and always getting the same ones to the point my mom just bought them for me.

When I was old enough I bought the DVDs and I love how this is a thing now.

The only knock I had on this would be more Mothra. Mothra has a special place for me and the whole mythology of the creature.

Don’t think to much it’s a giant lizard fighting a 3 headed alien just sit back and enjoy

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I put no stock in critics these days. Let me know what the people are saying.
I know someone that saw it 2 weeks ago and said it was a totally fun popcorn movie. Of course, he works for the studio, so take that as it is. I do trust his opinion most of the time however.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The critics have it right, even though I enjoyed it. As a writer, I can't believe I'm typing this, but the movie needed less story, less human focus, and less stupid. You absolutely flubbed the drama, unlike in the last one, so just go with the "Let the giant monsters fight" angle and cut all the stupid story out! Seriously, they whiffed hard core on that stuff, but nailed the fights--when we got to watch them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The critics have it right, even though I enjoyed it. As a writer, I can't believe I'm typing this, but the movie needed less story, less human focus, and less stupid. You absolutely flubbed the drama, unlike in the last one, so just go with the "Let the giant monsters fight" angle and cut all the stupid story out! Seriously, they whiffed hard core on that stuff, but nailed the fights--when we got to watch them.

What kind of writer are you? Just curious.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short fiction (lots of stories published) and novels (none as of yet) in the sci-fi, fantasy, and horror genres, primarily. I also coordinated a contest this year.

Cool stuff!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

They focused on humans in a Godzilla movie? :eek:

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing this. On a side note, it always bugs me when they call them "fire-breathing" monsters or dragons. There are actually "fire-exhaling" monsters or dragons.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing this. On a side note, it always bugs me when they call them "fire-breathing" monsters or dragons. There are actually "fire-exhaling" monsters or dragons.
Fire exhaling doesnt sound awesome

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The family drama of the movie was there only as a vehicle to have the monsters onscreen, but it didn't detract.
Walked out of the show thinking that it is truly amazing to live in this day and age of filmmaking. Whatever anyone can conceive can be brought to the screen in full glory, and without limitation. As someone who also grew up on Godzilla movies and is a fan of science fiction to a fault, this is a high water mark in special effects. I left the theater today thinking that we are nearing the limit of the envelope in two dimensional filmmaking. You are not going beyond this one. The next step will be to invent a new medium, and we'll be enjoying the first full spherical 3D virtual reality movies next.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to nitpick but exhaling is a part of breathing.