Coyotes aquire defenseman Jacob Graves

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6'2" RH D-men aren't terrible to have in the pipeline.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am not a great hockey knowledge guy. I have gone to the games, and I know the rules and enjoy the games. This guy has been dealing this off season. Don't know if any of the moves are good, but he has been dealing!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a great hockey knowledge guy. I have gone to the games, and I know the rules and enjoy the games. This guy has been dealing this off season. Don't know if any of the moves are good, but he has been dealing!

He's very young for a GM and is reportedly a big stats guy. I've been pleased with most of the moves this year and even the ones I don't love at least make sense on paper.

We just need to see some of these moves translate to success on the ice. It's always a little tricky to judge the GM considering our budget constraints. I am excited about the upcoming season, but that's nothing new. :rolleyes:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's very young for a GM and is reportedly a big stats guy. I've been pleased with most of the moves this year and even the ones I don't love at least make sense on paper.

We just need to see some of these moves translate to success on the ice. It's always a little tricky to judge the GM considering our budget constraints. I am excited about the upcoming season, but that's nothing new. :rolleyes:
ESPN seems to think we are most improved and like Chayka. But they condition their thoughts with “on paper” recognizing it has to actually bear fruit.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN seems to think we are most improved and like Chayka. But they condition their thoughts with “on paper” recognizing it has to actually bear fruit.

If we can manage not to take ourselves out of the playoffs in November, I think we can make a playoff push this year. Once the players started to understand the new system and some key players got healthy, we were competitive every game. We just had that historically awful start that took us out of contention so early in the season.

Plus, Tocc has had the entire off season to tweak the system and figure out better ways of communicating what he wants people to do. I have a lot of faith in coach, he doesn't like to lose, at all.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keeping our goalies on the ice is a necessity too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose