Reaction score
Ant-Man and the Wasp

Release Date: July 6, 2018

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want it to be fun like the last one.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was so surprised by how good the original Ant-Man was. It's actually my favorite Marvel movie. Can't wait for this one.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ant-Man and The Wasp

Release date: July 6, 2018
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Peyton Reed
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriters: Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers, Andrew Barrer, Gabriel Ferrari, Paul Rudd
Genre: Action, Adventure

Starring: Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Pena, Michael Douglas, Bobby Cannavale, Judy Greer, Abby Ryder Fortson, Tip "T.I." Harris, David Dastmalchian, Michelle Pfeiffer, Laurence Fishburne, Hannah John-Kamen, Walton Goggins, Randall Park

Plot Summary: From the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes a new chapter featuring heroes with the astonishing ability to shrink: "Ant-Man and The Wasp." In the aftermath of "Captain America: Civil War," Scott Lang (Rudd) grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a Super Hero and a father. As he struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne (Lilly) and Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas) with an urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside The Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from their past.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This was a fantastic followup. Lots of laughs, and feels.

A really, REALLY bad "As you know, Bob," start to the movie, but after that it rolled really well.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This was a fantastic followup. Lots of laughs, and feels.

A really, REALLY bad "As you know, Bob," start to the movie, but after that it rolled really well.
Mr Antman, we dont feel so good....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We saw it saturday night ad loved it. 2 adults 1 17 year old and one nearly 13 year old, all 4 loved it.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 16 year old son and I saw it. IT was forced in some places, but he really enjoyed it. It was a fun summer movie.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The kids and I watched the original Antman again yesterday before going to the theaters to watch this one. Still love the first one. As for this one we all loved it. Such a fun movie!

It blows my mind that my favorite superhero movies are the Antman and Deadpool when I had never heard of them before their movies came out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved it. What is so great about Dead Pool and Ant Man are that these movies feel like they are part of a universe but yet stand apart. They feel different and are fun!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Really enjoyed it. Other than Infinity War is was my favorite since Winter Soldier/Guardians. I just wish they would stop forcing Michael Pena on us.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed it. Other than Infinity War is was my favorite since Winter Soldier/Guardians. I just wish they would stop forcing Michael Pena on us.

I love Michael Pena's character. I laugh in every scene he is in.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. I've loved Michael Pena's character myself too. I guess he's a polarizing actor/character in these movies.

Totally agree Pena is a major reason to see these movies. He is great! I can’t fathom someone not wanting to see a good movie over him or any one side character.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Totally agree Pena is a major reason to see these movies. He is great! I can’t fathom someone not wanting to see a good movie over him or any one side character.
I don't mind Pena normally, but he looks absolutely AWFUL in the trailers--from the lines themselves to his delivery. Just terrible.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind Pena normally, but he looks absolutely AWFUL in the trailers--from the lines themselves to his delivery. Just terrible.

I didn't see that at all in the movie but I don't remember the trailers that well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't see that at all in the movie but I don't remember the trailers that well.
One especially when they are in the car and they shrink and when they are back to normal size, he breathlessly says exactly what we just saw. It was terrible.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One especially when they are in the car and they shrink and when they are back to normal size, he breathlessly says exactly what we just saw. It was terrible.

OK, I remember that scene. It plays better in the movie with the scene setup. However, I actually like Pena more in this movie. They give him more stuff to do than just be the one liner guy.

If you liked the first movie you will like this one. Pena is more of icing on the cake for me in terms of the humor he brings to the film. He doesn't make or break it IMO but is a welcome addition to the cast which I love.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
OK, I remember that scene. It plays better in the movie with the scene setup. However, I actually like Pena more in this movie. They give him more stuff to do than just be the one liner guy.

If you liked the first movie you will like this one. Pena is more of icing on the cake for me in terms of the humor he brings to the film. He doesn't make or break it IMO but is a welcome addition to the cast which I love.
I definitely want to see it, I'm one of the few people that actually likes Evangeline Lily, even before her Lost days (you know, her Smallville-guest-starring days).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely want to see it, I'm one of the few people that actually likes Evangeline Lily, even before her Lost days (you know, her Smallville-guest-starring days).

Few people? I didn't know that was a thing. I LOVE HER and always have. Probably too much. LOL.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I like her, especially in Ant Man. I mean, I hated the CHARACTER (and movies) in the bloated, twisted Hobbit series. I hated the CHARACTER, but she played the crap well.