Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim cited for DUI on July 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Cardinals aren't the law. I shouldn't have to explain that.

nope. but having a BAC that high even after stalling...damn,...sorry...but Mike needs to go full on Judge Dredd on his ass..

he can give him a choice...he can tender his resignation...or he can pay the team a $2mil fine and hire a driver for the remainder of his time with the team.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
nope. but having a BAC that high even after stalling...damn,...sorry...but Mike needs to go full on Judge Dredd on his ass..

he can give him a choice...he can tender his resignation...or he can pay the team a $2mil fine and hire a driver for the remainder of his time with the team.

And what outcome are you seeking as a result of these penalties?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Madjack Banner idea for week 1...

Cards have .193 chance at Superbowl.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I was thinking just:

Or:

"Keim Time" with a bunch of randomly placed pitchers of beer.

Or:

"Two Beers."

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Definitely disappointed in Keim. This is not the "I had one too many at a party" that I was hoping it was.

Ashamed of him. Not only in how much he had when choosing to drive, but for the sheer stupidity of doing this kind of thing on 4th of July. I always criticized players who got caught for smoking weed, because I knew plenty of former players who did it and got around the test... meaning those who got caught were just stupid or careless. Keim is now stupid and careless in my book.

I don't know if I want him fired, or what. But getting a 5 week vacation seems like bunk to me, even if it's worth $200,000 plus salary.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
the outcome is... he either resigns or proves he really wants to be with the team.

Keim has responded to the situation as best and as reasonable as he could. He reported the incident immediately to the team and issued a public apology. He plead guilty to the charges and accepted his penalty without resistance. Not sure what more you want from him reasonably to prove that he wants to keep his job.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim has responded to the situation as best and as reasonable as he could. He reported the incident immediately to the team and issued a public apology. He plead guilty to the charges and accepted his penalty without resistance. Not sure what more you want from him reasonably to prove that he wants to keep his job.

It's all been settled form the point of view of the Cards, the law, and Keim. We just have to see what happens now.

That said, there will still be people wanting a ham hock of flesh from Keim.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It's all been settled form the point of view of the Cards, the law, and Keim. We just have to see what happens now.

That said, there will still be people wanting a ham hock of flesh from Keim.

I think Keim acted accordingly but the 'punishment' was very lenient... and I do not want a ham hock but he hardly even had to give a slice of bacon lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I do not believe a person can lie their way out of a DUI hence the water example, where it can be answered truthfully.

The point I was making, the question (how much have you had to drink) entraps anyone answering it who has anyone even one glass of wine with diner and nothing else. Technically one can be considered impaired even if they blow less than .08 no matter how slight. So by answering the question truthfully, one has admitted guilt. Also the police can lie to you but you can't lie to the police so it's a catch 22.

I do not drink and drive but I do not like to give up my individual rights by answering a question designed to take those rights away. I'm guessing police have other questions designed like this for other issues as well, e.g., how fast you were speeding, etc.
“Entraps you”. Wtf?!? The policeman asks you if you did something. You can answer honestly or lie. “Entraps you”. I, I, I just don’t even know how to address this. “Entraps.” Sigh . . .

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Entraps you”. Wtf?!? The policeman asks you if you did something. You can answer honestly or lie. “Entraps you”. I, I, I just don’t even know how to address this. “Entraps.” Sigh . . .

Ouchie, tell me, is it the death knell, for anyone pulled over, to admit they drank ANYTHING at all?

Look, I was a bad dude in parts of my life. Every time I was pulled over drunk, I completely denied taking even a sip of alcohol. Every time (five or six times?) I was let go. Once, a cop even followed me all the way to my driveway, after he pulled me over, and I had been drinking for 20 straight hours. I had drank 2 cases of Busch beer that day. 48 beers and I was standing and driving. I was hammered. And I denied having even the slightest amount of alcohol IDK how many times to the cops at the scene. They field tested me even.

I am one lucky SOB.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, no, I am not proud of those parts of my past.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So deflating...

Arizona Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim walks into Lower Buckeye Jail to serve his sentence after he pleaded guilty to extreme DUI.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I disagree. If you watched the entire video while the officer was following in his police vehicle, the remarks he made gave an insight into his thinking.

No matter how the question was phrased (I do not have the quote in front of me) the intent was to get the driver to admit to alcohol consumption not establish trust.
But getting the driver to admit that he did something is not “entrapment.” Everyone needs to leave that argument beyond.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
People have rights... although we seem to be gradually losing them. I do not believe an officer asking a question that in my mind is designed to entrap... by admitting guilt or lying (if alcohol is consumed) is the best way to go.

A person should have every right to refuse to answer this question based upon constitutional rights and not worry about whether... "Officer would likely do all he could to make you regret your comment before letting you go."

We do not live in a police state yet or so I hope.

The thing you need to consider Brian, the police are not your friends and everything you say and do will be used against. Because you do not drink and drive does not mean you cannot be tricked into admitting guilt in a totally different situation.

I get it you don't drink and drive. I don't either but I do care about constitutional rights.
Good god man stop using the term “entrap!” You’re using it wrong. Entrapment is to induce someone to do something illegal. Trying to get an admission of illegal activity is not trying to get someone to do the illegal activity. They are not trying to get the guy to actually drink and drive they are trying to get him to admit it. And they’re not doing it by any means that are even remotely deceptive - they are asking a factual question! By your argument if they find someone in house that’s been reported as a burglary they are “entrapping” the individual if they ask the burglar if they own the house. That’s NOT entrapment. And to even suggest such is so beyond the absurd I’m honestly astonished you’re even making this argument.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
People have rights... although we seem to be gradually losing them. I do not believe an officer asking a question that in my mind is designed to entrap... by admitting guilt or lying (if alcohol is consumed) is the best way to go.

A person should have every right to refuse to answer this question based upon constitutional rights and not worry about whether... "Officer would likely do all he could to make you regret your comment before letting you go."

We do not live in a police state yet or so I hope.

The thing you need to consider Brian, the police are not your friends and everything you say and do will be used against. Because you do not drink and drive does not mean you cannot be tricked into admitting guilt in a totally different situation.

I get it you don't drink and drive. I don't either but I do care about constitutional rights.
“You cannot be tricked into admitting guilt” - where’s the “trick” here? It’s a pretty blatantly straight forward question. There’s no “trick.”

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Apparently he's going to read Bill Walsh's book during his staycation.

Looks like he's prepared to really rough it.

We are so soft on drunk drivers. SMH.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Staycatuon? Not likely. They are allowed one book and one magazine.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Weak?! This is consistent with other punishments dished to other executives in NFL. Dude just lost 10% of his annual salary and an additional $200k, along with corresponding legal punishments and public humiliation.
Did it say suspended “without pay?” If not its likely just the $200,000. I don’t think execs get paid weekly game checks like players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Excuse me all of u for my ignorance regarding this subject but 0.19 is considered extreme DUI?
What a man of his size has to drink to reach that level?
More than the 2 beers he lied to a policeman about . . . good upstanding citizen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson