Worst Movie Line Thread

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, another great line from a very bad but very fun movie.

I liked some of the other lines a lot more. The "I thought you'd be bigger" thing seemed forced and repeated too often, IMHO. Got sick of it quickly.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked some of the other lines a lot more. The "I thought you'd be bigger" thing seemed forced and repeated too often, IMHO. Got sick of it quickly.

Yeah, it was a great line, once. After that, it started feeling like a tired stand up comedy routine.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If I's can change... and You's can change... EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!!!

lol I thought of this one yesterday and then didn't do it.

"You got your crew, I got mine..."

If anyone can identify this movie you are super cool. :p

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah I think this thread is firmly in a gray area when it comes to worst movie lines.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I'm the only movie fan on the planet that hated Raising Arizona? I love the cast and I usually like Coen movies but other than the odd moment, I detested this movie.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. So you have all spoken and I am wrong. Back to the DBacks forum for me.

You don't need to do anything that drastic. Maybe just send a little cash our way? And perhaps a bagel? But nobody should be ostracized to the DBacks forum, especially not with a scary summer meltdown looming (not to mention the Dodgers).

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't need to do anything that drastic. Maybe just send a little cash our way? And perhaps a bagel? But nobody should be ostracized to the DBacks forum, especially not with a scary summer meltdown looming (not to mention the Dodgers).

Hey - don't go disparaging our nice Dbacks Forum...

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I'm the only movie fan on the planet that hated Raising Arizona? I love the cast and I usually like Coen movies but other than the odd moment, I detested this movie.

Steve, this disappoints me greatly! It's probably my favorite Coen Brothers movie ever and in my top 10 of all time. Can remember being pissed that my best friend's parents decided to take us to this instead of Pretty In Pink (yes... for shame), but then howling with laughter, sitting in Cine Capri, immediately falling in love with everything in the movie. The screenplay is simply incredible, only matched by the direction of it. "They've got Yodas and ish on them!" to "Dale... he smiled at me." to "Well, uh, sometimes I get the menstrual cramps REAL hard" to... "And when there was no crow-dad to be found we ate sand. You ate WHAT? We ate sand. You ate SAND? We ate sand." to "Awful good cereal flakes Mrs. McDonough." to "Would you buy furniture from a store called Unpainted Huffheins?!" to "Son, you got a panty-hose on your head" to "Government sure do take a bite don't it?" to "********* Dale... YOU NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND!" to "You're going to send him to Arizona State." to "She's a hellcat. T-i-g-E-R!" to without a doubt, the single greatest opening sequence/score which runs about 14 minutes long before the main titles hit the screen.

And of course the last line:

"I don't know. Maybe it was Utah."

Nic Cage, Holly Hunter, Randall Tex Cobb, John Goodman, William Forsythe and of course, family friend Lynn Ketei in a brief appearance as Mrs. Arizona... all at the very top of their game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve, this disappoints me greatly! It's probably my favorite Coen Brothers movie ever and in my top 10 of all time. Can remember being pissed that my best friend's parents decided to take us to this instead of Pretty In Pink (yes... for shame), but then howling with laughter, sitting in Cine Capri, immediately falling in love with everything in the movie. The screenplay is simply incredible, only matched by the direction of it. "They've got Yodas and ish on them!" to "Dale... he smiled at me." to "Well, uh, sometimes I get the menstrual cramps REAL hard" to... "And when there was no crow-dad to be found we ate sand. You ate WHAT? We ate sand. You ate SAND? We ate sand." to "Awful good cereal flakes Mrs. McDonough." to "Would you buy furniture from a store called Unpainted Huffheins?!" to "Son, you got a panty-hose on your head" to "Government sure do take a bite don't it?" to "********* Dale... YOU NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND!" to "You're going to send him to Arizona State." to "She's a hellcat. T-i-g-E-R!" to without a doubt, the single greatest opening sequence/score which runs about 14 minutes long before the main titles hit the screen.

And of course the last line:

"I don't know. Maybe it was Utah."

Nic Cage, Holly Hunter, Randall Tex Cobb, John Goodman, William Forsythe and of course, family friend Lynn Ketei in a brief appearance as Mrs. Arizona... all at the very top of their game.

Like I said, I like Coen movies and I like the cast. I just don't like the movie. I've watched it several times, at the urging of all my movie loving fans that adore this one but no joy. Initially, I think I was just thrown by the absurd "Arizona" accent but it's more than that. And before this movie I thought it would be impossible to cast Randall Tex Cobb in a role I wouldn't enjoy.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In the spirit of the Coens:

"You know... for kids!"

My favorite of their movies and I think sometimes criminally underrated next to stuff like No Country or Big Lebowski.

Of course, that's not a worst movie line, darnit...

:hijack:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose