How Josh Rosen would overhaul college sports so athletes can get their cut (if they earn it)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-rosen...dea-get-people-talking-074448893.html?src=rss

Like millions of us, Rosen has something of a love-hate relationship with college athletics – so much good within the enterprise, yet so much about the student-athlete experience that could be better. Unlike millions of us, Rosen has actually participated at the highest level – he was a star quarterback at UCLA, became the No. 10 pick in the NFL draft after three years, studied economics, and thought a lot about how the whole thing functions.

Last week, as the page was poised to turn – Rosen preparing for camp with the Arizona Cardinals, college football preparing to move on without him – he had an exit interview of sorts with Yahoo Sports. What he wanted to talk about was his big idea.....

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It seems well thought out maybe the NCAA will tweak the numbers but, that could really work for all parties if they want to change it, I like that Josh Rosen doesn't only do the talk but also seemingly do the walk.

Hope this problem will get sortet out in the next years, but also hope he has his mind now set on getting the best QB of the NFL hopefully the new GOAT (6 rings would be a dream)

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
That is a very comprehensive idea, with many working parts. I like the idea of funneling back into the communities where the athletes come from as well. You'd probably need a non profit board of directors to make it work, besides the law firm drawing up the initial perimeters. Otherwise you could get many more wanting to petition the NCAA to allow other "Clearinghouses" to be implemented simultaneously, giving the student athletes "choices" on who will represent their interests while a student-athlete. But I could see the athletes getting some of the abundant gravy available on the NCAA Football and other athletics programs that reap millions, for sure. Long overdue. Bravo to Rosen for initiating and getting the ball rolling, because the NCAA is big time now.