Chriss???

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chriss has some serious hops in the video but he looks like he is moving in slow-motion. Perhaps it's the nature of this type game. Even his shot looked good. I can see why the Suns moved up to draft him but the rest has been a disappointment thus far.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Chriss has some serious hops in the video but he looks like he is moving in slow-motion. Perhaps it's the nature of this type game. Even his shot looked good. I can see why the Suns moved up to draft him but the rest has been a disappointment thus far.

Didn’t look like anything more than routine hops for an NBA player.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I got that too, but to be fair, he doesn't have to move all that fast when playing those people.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I suspect he isn't worried about jumping out of the building in a charity game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah agree. Wasn’t impressed. And I’ve been impressed by his leaping in the past.

His springiness in pre-draft vids and rookie year jumped off the screen. Last season and his second summer league were definitely down a few notches than his normal ups. Three years in I thought he’d be more Blake Griffin-esque in that regard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got that too, but to be fair, he doesn't have to move all that fast when playing those people.

This is true. Chriss' has some freak athletic ability but he looked like he was on cruise control. Whether that had something to do with the event, weight or conditioning, I'm not sure.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That is fair. I truly like Bender, and want to continue to like him, but I am so sick of watching him stand there in the corner with his hands out hoping for a pass like a dog hoping for crumbs to fall off the table. Just about the time I think I am completely over with Chriss, he does something amazing on the court. I hope Igor resolves this problem fairly quickly.
Yeah. I think you are right. They both are mental midgets, each in his own way.
Saw someone say this on Reddit the other day and I think it’s true that it seems like both these guys have been “babied” by coaches for most of their basketball careers whether it’s in Europe, at Washington or their first couple years in the NBA.

They can both use some tough love coaching like this. Especially Bender imo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Saw someone say this on Reddit the other day and I think it’s true that it seems like both these guys have been “babied” by coaches for most of their basketball careers whether it’s in Europe, at Washington or their first couple years in the NBA.

Are people genuinely motivated by fear, intimidation and humiliation?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Where is Hornacek when we need him. ;)

Oh wait.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Are people genuinely motivated by fear, intimidation and humiliation?
Chriss and Bender haven’t been motivated by anything else thus far.

I know that type of coaching style is more prominent in football (especially for offensive line and defensive positional coaches) than basketball.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you guys think players get babied in Europe, I have a bridge to sell you.

I don't need a bridge, do you have any swamp land for sell instead?

And I agree, I've seen nothing to suggest it's all touchy feely in Euro ball.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you guys think players get babied in Europe, I have a bridge to sell you.

I remember Mike D'Antoni talking about European basketball being crazy when he was with the Suns.

Probably something like this.

No pressure. LOL

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Bogdanovic got chocked by his coach. Players get ejected by their coaches all the time. Coaches routinely curse and humiliate the players. I looked up just one clip and the coach literally said that he was going to BLEEP all their mothers at 10AM tomorrow.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes, that is what we need. A coach who belittles teenage players and then challenges them to a fight.

That guy is a scumbag.

Good example.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bogdanovic got chocked by his coach. Players get ejected by their coaches all the time. Coaches routinely curse and humiliate the players. I looked up just one clip and the coach literally said that he was going to BLEEP all their mothers at 10AM tomorrow.
I hope they don’t get in physical contact with the player like that coach in the JMA league. I’m surprised that it is tolerated in a league with all teenagers.

I remember Darko Millicic saying something about BLEEPING all the referees mothers after a game in Europe as well.

I agree that Europe coaching is actually very strict as well and on second thought, I don’t agree with the Reddit user’s opinion. It is weird however that despite the coaching being so strict, there is still a stigma in the United States that Euro players are generally soft. I actually don’t even know Chriss has been babied because there is no evidence of it.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe but Bender is younger than Okobo and Chriss is younger than Mikal Bridges. Do we apply the "make or break" to them too?
Okobo and Bridges don’t have any contract options coming up in the near future. It will be at least 2-3 years (iirc) before the Suns have to think about contract options for either player. The “make or break” doesn’t apply to them yet. It’s not the same situation as Bender or Chriss because both of them have contract options the Suns must decide on in just a few months.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Extreme example, of course. This is very rare, but it does happen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose