The Walking Dead (AMC)

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's something to round out Rick's arc setting up either his death, or leaving the group/show.

Maybe they come full circle and a Shane walker kills Rick. With this writing staff, I can see that.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am still hanging in there in the show. The show generally arcs back to the comic. We have some good stuff left. I hope! :koolaid:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard enough to ignore the internet chatter about major characters leaving the show this season but then even the Amazon description of the episode provided by
Amc specifically talked about a character that is leaving at some point "in *****'s final episodes blah blah happens".

What fun is it to tell you at the beginning that specific people won't make it through the season? It completely removes the suspense of what is happening and the interest in what the character is trying to do when you already know it's going to be irellevant.

The whole allure of shows where any character can die any minute is the suspense that brings to it.

The opening episode was still interesting and I'm glad about what happened at the end. It was a long time coming.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
premiere lost HALF of it's audience from end of last season.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
It's hard enough to ignore the internet chatter about major characters leaving the show this season but then even the Amazon description of the episode provided by
Amc specifically talked about a character that is leaving at some point "in *****'s final episodes blah blah happens".

What fun is it to tell you at the beginning that specific people won't make it through the season? It completely removes the suspense of what is happening and the interest in what the character is trying to do when you already know it's going to be irellevant.

The whole allure of shows where any character can die any minute is the suspense that brings to it.

The opening episode was still interesting and I'm glad about what happened at the end. It was a long time coming.

All the commercials for the show on AMC tout it as Rick Grimes final. They are celebrating it. Not hiding it. I guess they figure everybody already knows. I guess the suspense is now on how he leaves the show. Is he killed off? Does he head out on his own? I can't imagine him leaving Michonne if she's staying on the show. OTOH, can't imagine him leaving Alexandria after he led the revolt. That leaves death.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the commercials for the show on AMC tout it as Rick Grimes final. They are celebrating it. Not hiding it. I guess they figure everybody already knows. I guess the suspense is now on how he leaves the show. Is he killed off? Does he head out on his own? I can't imagine him leaving Michonne if she's staying on the show. OTOH, can't imagine him leaving Alexandria after he led the revolt. That leaves death.
I guess maybe they have an assumption that boasting it means it would draw people back. pretty dumb all around imo

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
yeah... I think towards the end of the season Rick is gonna try to integrate negan back into their society....and negan is gonna blow his head off... then Daryll is gonna drop a bolt through negans nugget...end season......

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think he's earned a lifetime of imprisonment and example but we'll see. I'm surprised the end of ep1 didn't result in imprisonment but maybe that's because that leader doesn't believe in the imprisonment in the first place.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 2 was quite good, I've read reviews state they've seen the first 3 and the third is especially good. The end of episode 2 "you're building this for me" is a brutal alternate viewpoint just illustrating while the good intentions are just that, the bad intentions are waiting right around the corner.

I thought this was one of the best told episodes in a long time. Believable, no moronic moves causing fake tensions, etc.

As with the final scene.. It may explain the others that were spoken of earlier having left the bridge but not returned to sanctuary. Are the whispers hiding in the woods taking out stragglers?

Good stuff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first two episodes have been much improved from previous years.

only thing that seemed really stupid to me was Negan telling Rick his entire family is dead, as a way to make him see that he's not building anything for rick's future... and that seemed to hit rick like a ton of bricks... even though he's still got a 3 year old daughter.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first two episodes have been much improved from previous years.

only thing that seemed really stupid to me was Negan telling Rick his entire family is dead, as a way to make him see that he's not building anything for rick's future... and that seemed to hit rick like a ton of bricks... even though he's still got a 3 year old daughter.

Does he though?

#shaneliveson

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see Rick not only leave Michonne but Judith. She might be Shane's kid but Rick is still raising her as his own. After losing Carl I don't see him walking away from his last connection to Lori.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's what I'm really hoping they do... NOT wait until Rick's last episode to kill him. They've already spoiled that he's leaving, but it would be a nice element of surprise for it to happen sometime soon to at least give the viewer a WHOA! moment and then they can use him in flashback fashion moving forward to round him out.

at least that's what I would do. And to be honest... I wouldn't even make a big deal out of the moment. I wouldn't have it come from Negan or any other human. I'd just make it a random zombie attack and then let him die. THAT would be a shock to the system, IMO and really hammer home again how dangerous the world is because at this point, the only people that die from zombie attacks are red shirts who we know they're going to die because they just appear in one episode and all of a sudden get two scenes to establish them, thinking the audience might give a crap... which we don't.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
here's what I'm really hoping they do... NOT wait until Rick's last episode to kill him. They've already spoiled that he's leaving, but it would be a nice element of surprise for it to happen sometime soon to at least give the viewer a WHOA! moment and then they can use him in flashback fashion moving forward to round him out.

at least that's what I would do. And to be honest... I wouldn't even make a big deal out of the moment. I wouldn't have it come from Negan or any other human. I'd just make it a random zombie attack and then let him die. THAT would be a shock to the system, IMO and really hammer home again how dangerous the world is because at this point, the only people that die from zombie attacks are red shirts who we know they're going to die because they just appear in one episode and all of a sudden get two scenes to establish them, thinking the audience might give a crap... which we don't.
I was thinking the same thing...kill him off with four or five episodes left. That way they can let the group sink into anti leadership despair before something horrible happens which should make the season finale more cliff hangery.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson