Current (post draft) Roster

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rather have Bridges out their then Josh. But Booker will take all the shots so having J.J out their is not that bad. Warren will have some weird injury so minutes will be available. Just not getting all the Warren hate on this board.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am in the Bridges camp when it comes to starting. He gives you shooting, defense, and he plays under control. Jackson need a few slices of a humble pie until he learns to pass the ball and not take horrible shots.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alan Williams is also far more mobile than Cooley. He also has offense outside of right under the basket.

As I mentioned to another poster I would be happy with Williams or Cooley. I like Cooley because he is rock solid inside and does not get moved around. He would give the Suns something they do not have.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As I mentioned to another poster I would be happy with Williams or Cooley. I like Cooley because he is rock solid inside and does not get moved around. He would give the Suns something they do not have.

Hahaha cool your Jets on Cooley you all are smoking 80s cocaine crack epidemic rocks, if you think he is making the team. If Chriss isn't moved he will get minutes at the 5, Williams is night and day better than Cooley and he would be readded over Cooley all day. I like watching him but I will make a YouTube video of eating a tidepod, if I am wrong lol.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Come on... he does not get moved around because he's virtually glued to the floor.

I... I... I...

I...

This discussion gives me a twitch. Are you serious?

Williams can actually produce in NBA games, he's superior to Cooley in every single way imaginable... and Williams isn't exactly a star.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need for everyone to get so worked up over who our 12th man is. In all reality either Williams or Cooley would probably be our 14th or 15th man and be inactive the majority of the time unless there are a couple of injuries.

Neither is worth giving much playing time too. I know Williams is well liked but he's still an undersized Center who only rebounds. He doesn't bring anything else to the table. He's not a rim protector, he can't shoot outside of the paint, and he's not capable of keeping up with a fastbreak offense, either our own or the opponents.

We're talking about a practice body and lead cheerleader, basically. There's no reason to be upset over either of them put in that position. Upside to Cooley is he'd probably be on a Two-Way contract instead of a real roster spot. Williams will require a real contract and use one of the 15 roster spots we have to fill. There really isn't more than 1 of those available though.

PG - Knight, Okobo, Harrison
SG - Booker, Daniels, Reed
SF - Warren, Jackson, Bridges
PF - Ariza, Chriss, Dudley
C - Ayton, Chandler, Bender

That's all 15 right there, with King as one Two-Way deal and the other up for grabs. Probably between Cooley and Peters. Williams won't sign a Two-Way deal. Unless moves are made, no one on the team now should be pushed out to sign Williams to be our 4th string C.

Errntknght

Reaction score
It depends what what Williams lost permanently due to his injury - if he come back to his old form, he's our second best C. Better on offense and better on defense then either Chandler or Bender.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Williams only played in a few dozen games when the Suns were tanking 2 years ago. He looked good but we weren't winning and the numbers he put up were only decent. I get he's a fan favorite but there comes a point of overselling a player. There's a reason he's drawn no interest from other teams and why he went undrafted.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Williams only played in a few dozen games when the Suns were tanking 2 years ago. He looked good but we weren't winning and the numbers he put up were only decent. I get he's a fan favorite but there comes a point of overselling a player. There's a reason he's drawn no interest from other teams and why he went undrafted.
That's fine and all, I'm not trying to promote Williams as a solution to anything besides a 3rd string center.

But there's also a reason that Cooley has hardly played as a pro and almost never played outside of garbage time despite being 27.

Cooley is a fighter and I commend him for it, but he LOOKS comically out of place in the lowly summer league, where guys are either showboating or ball hogging.

In a real NBA game his sideshow act would only serve as a human victory cigar or a morbid joke.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's fine and all, I'm not trying to promote Williams as a solution to anything besides a 3rd string center.

But there's also a reason that Cooley has hardly played as a pro and almost never played outside of garbage time despite being 27.

Cooley is a fighter and I commend him for it, but he LOOKS comically out of place in the lowly summer league, where guys are either showboating or ball hogging.

In a real NBA game his sideshow act would only serve as a human victory cigar or a morbid joke.

I didn't realize he was 27. I thought he was like others there, 19 to 24-25, and either undrafted this year or last. I didn't know he's that far removed from playing college ball. That makes things quite different. At 27 there's very little room for improvement and if you haven't shown NBA talent yet, chances are you won't. Knowing that he's that old I change my stance on a Two-Way deal also. You want a player that has potential to grow, not someone who has peaked already or come close to it.

I could see a training camp invite along with an offer to join the NAZ Suns but that G-League offer would be the reward of sorts for playing hard in practice and pushing our guys in training camp and pre-season practices. He'd have no shot at joining the main roster but maybe he'd be cool with joining our G-League team? Some guys are. It's a job playing basketball for 7-8 months out of the year while getting paid for it. That's as close to the NBA he's getting as a player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahaha cool your Jets on Cooley you all are smoking 80s cocaine crack epidemic rocks, if you think he is making the team. If Chriss isn't moved he will get minutes at the 5, Williams is night and day better than Cooley and he would be readded over Cooley all day. I like watching him but I will make a YouTube video of eating a tidepod, if I am wrong lol.

Come on... he does not get moved around because he's virtually glued to the floor.

I... I... I...

I...

This discussion gives me a twitch. Are you serious?

Williams can actually produce in NBA games, he's superior to Cooley in every single way imaginable... and Williams isn't exactly a star.

We are in the days of 15 man rosters and 2 two-way contracts. No reason for anyone to get shook up about it.

When I first saw Cooley play I thought what the heck, but he kept producing. The Suns will be hard pressed to find 17 players that can actually play at a high level. I think he is worthy of a spot somewhere even if it is a G-League contract. The same with Williams but there is only so much room.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have to make a decision on Reed by Friday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If Reed doesn't make the Suns roster or traded, I will be shocked.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns have to make a decision on Reed by Friday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If Reed doesn't make the Suns roster or traded, I will be shocked.
Agree. He was drafted high enough and he showed well enough in both summer leagues that it just wouldn’t make sense to cut him right now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. He was drafted high enough and he showed well enough in both summer leagues that it just wouldn’t make sense to cut him right now.

I was skeptical whether Reed could recover from injury but he has showed me everything I wanted to see. The Suns should keep him unless they plan to use him in a trade.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ball handlers: Knight, Okobo, Harrison

Wings: Booker, Ariza, Warren, Jackson, Bridges, Reed, Daniels, King

Bigs: Ayton, Chriss, Bender, Holmes, Chandler

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm wondering what happens to Peters.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

man... those ball handlers are a pretty weak bunch. I'm really excited for the future of this club, but if that's the three headed monster at PG for us, next year might be relatively ugly again.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what happens to Peters.

Could be the 2nd Two-Way deal. Don't need that for Shaq or Reed. I thought Bordow said that he might be looked at as a candidate for the other Two-Way deal. He didn't know for sure and was assuming that would be the case though. It makes sense.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man... those ball handlers are a pretty weak bunch. I'm really excited for the future of this club, but if that's the three headed monster at PG for us, next year might be relatively ugly again.
Booker crosses over between ball handler and big, especially in this offense. Are there any superpg's over seas (vets) that want to make an NBA run?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be the 2nd Two-Way deal. Don't need that for Shaq or Reed. I thought Bordow said that he might be looked at as a candidate for the other Two-Way deal. He didn't know for sure and was assuming that would be the case though. It makes sense.

I guess it depends on how the Suns view Peter's future with the Suns. I've never considered him a lock even on a two-way contract.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listened to Scott Bordow on Fox 910AM radio. Here are some of his thoughts:

1. Chandler may be a trade option at trade deadline, probably not before because of salary.

2. He doesn't see Bender and Chriss playing much at center because they are being developed to play PF.

3. Warren is a logical 6th man or trade candidate. There may not be enough minutes to go around with the
Suns new additions.

4. Suns are likely not done as they need to address the PG position.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also Scott Bordow mentioned on the show he will be going on a 3 week vacation next weekend.

No Scott, No. :shock:

He provides the best Suns coverage to be found.