Sherman probably being released

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Even if he was at half his peak it would be an astonishingly huge upgrade over what we have opposite of PP as it is.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No thanks. Too much bad blood. I know he's a community guy off the field but I hate his locker room and field presence and would not be able to root for him.

dreday

Veteran
Reaction score
I really like Richard Sherman's competitiveness and think he's a great player but don't think he's a fit for our locker room.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Good player but I don’t like his mouth! Oh & he’s coming off an Achilles injury plus ankle surgery & not going to be cheap...No thanks

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Couldn't care less about his mouth. He leads by example in the community. If he's healthy he can solidly this defensive backfield. He'll probably be looking for more than Keim would be willing to play.
I could see him in Atlanta with Quinn

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So some here want to sign a CB who has, not one, but both achilles repaired and is still in infirmary?

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
So some here want to sign a CB who has, not one, but both achilles repaired and is still in infirmary?

I said if he's healthy. Players are capable of recovering from injuries and resuming their careers.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No thanks. Too much bad blood. I know he's a community guy off the field but I hate his locker room and field presence and would not be able to root for him.

He wouldn't hesitate calling out any player on our D who wasn't fully participating in the defense and playing to the whistle.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
2 blown out achilles, heading for the wrong side of age 30, and 8-figure cap number. What could go wrong?

There's a reason Seattle is cutting him loose. Pretty similar situation to the Badger, actually.

You beat me to it, I was just going to post that I see his situation as being very similar to the Badger. Two major injuries and not the same player he used to be. Pass.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does it feel like he will end up with New England if he passes a physical? 1 year rental for Malcolm Butler replacement.

Is this Paul Allen's decision to cut Sherman and Bennett loose. Quieter locker room?

Thomas and Chancellor also rumored to be available.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If he was healthy it would be a different story but ARZ needs a CB to start opposite Peterson by preseason. Sherman won’t get big money because of his age and injuries, he’ll probably just retire if he doesn’t get an offer he likes.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Depending on the $$$$$ he wants id love to see the Cards get him. Especially if he’s mad and wants to prove he’s still got it.

I agree. He's not the same player he once was, but a pissed off Richard Sherman playing with something to prove would be a positive, IMO.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I can get on board if his achillies checks out and he doesn’t destroy our cap, but he may want a multi-year deal and his situation merits a Keim-Time Special

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is this Paul Allen's decision to cut Sherman and Bennett loose. Quieter locker room?

Perhaps that's the reason in Bennett's case - I wouldn't want that turd in my stadium in the stands, much less in the locker room. But I think Sherman is a different story. If they were going to cut him loose for that reason, they would have traded him before last season (and maybe now wish they had, since he blew out achilles #2 last year). One achilles on a corner is bad, 2 is downright awful. If he loses even a half step, he's pretty much done.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sherman plays his best in a cover 3 system. I don't think the Cardinals will be running that system and as such he wouldn't be a fit here. Plus he is coming off an injury and is a pain in the ass.

So that's a big hell no from me!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson