Combine Talk

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Rumor at NFL Combine: Chiefs could have interest in trading for QB DeShone Kizer

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...st-in-trading-for-qb-deshone-kizer/ar-BBJRrLC

compensation could be as little as a day 3 pick or late round swap for the #Chiefs to obtain Kizer

Perfect. Andy Reid would turn him around and trade him for a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Despite, Hue Jackson's comments about Kizer, Kizer still has as much upside as any of the QBs last year and this year. Judging him by his rookie numbers playing in Cleveland is a mistake and Andy Reid knows it.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Perfect. Andy Reid would turn him around and trade him for a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Despite, Hue Jackson's comments about Kizer, Kizer still has as much upside as any of the QBs last year and this year. Judging him by his rookie numbers playing in Cleveland is a mistake and Andy Reid knows it.

It is crazy to see a QB given up on after 1 season on one of the worst football teams in recent history. Sure he didn't show he was the answer to their problems but I wonder how many rookie QBs could have thrived in that situation.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't think their medical & interviews affect their draft status you aren't paying attention. The workout numbers are more or less either tie breakers or to reaffirm what was on tape.

Bingo! Medical information isn't released to the public. Also how a player answers questions for each team isn't known as well. Those two things are probably the most important info teams gather from the combine.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
#NFLCombine – a GM told me #BakerMayfield football IQ is “off the charts”, Darnold, Rosen excellent, Rudolph very good, Allen was so so, long way to go. Jackson is a project at the white board by comparison

— Doug Gottlieb (@GottliebShow) March 3, 2018

I never heard anything except that Jackson was a sharp cookie and an astute student of the game. The big knock on him was his running style and not that he didn't get the white board. Intchersting.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Ohio St. center and potential first-round pick Billy Price underwent successful surgery on his “incomplete pec tear” today, per source. Price is expected to be sidelined four months but should be ready for the start of training camp.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I never heard anything except that Jackson was a sharp cookie and an astute student of the game. The big knock on him was his running style and not that he didn't get the white board. Intchersting.
According to Jurecki he was awful in interviews & wasn’t very good diagraming plays on the board.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to Jurecki he was awful in interviews & wasn’t very good diagraming plays on the board.

did Jurecky say he was awfull?
Dont think so
I read he said something about being a project and he did struggle a bit with accuracy at combine but never heard from him the use of awfull word regarding Lamar Jackson