Get Nick Foles and we're ready to roll

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Great price, healthy, young, experienced, no baggage, no question marks, and you know exactly what you are getting......just what we need. Give them whatever draft pick it takes and it will still be cheaper and better than any other options we have this year. I can't think of an easier problem free choice for the Cards. It is almost too simple for words. I had thought that he would have been perfect for the Jags, and could have been the first QB to win back to back SBs with 2 different teams.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Do you think Foles is a train wreck or this thread? :thewave:

I honestly don't think Foles will be a wreck if hes on a new team when the season starts.

I think giving whatever it takes for him has a cliff involved somewhere for that little choo choo that can... no way in hell giving a first rounder for a team's backup quarterback no matter how he played in a unique situation for one playoff run

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Great price, healthy, young, experienced, no baggage, no question marks, and you know exactly what you are getting......just what we need. Give them whatever draft pick it takes and it will still be cheaper and better than any other options we have this year. I can't think of an easier problem free choice for the Cards. It is almost too simple for words. I had thought that he would have been perfect for the Jags, and could have been the first QB to win back to back SBs with 2 different teams.

Thats an opinion.

I like Foles and have lobbied for him on this board several times. He was successful in Kelly's offense... but even when back with the iggles, he was mediocre until the coaches sat down with him and adjusted the offense to what he likes, what he is good at...

That aint all bad.. but even though our staff says that is what they intend to do, will they really do it?
Two years ago Nick was dead set on retirement... what if things start to go bad here? Suddenly we find ourselves without a QB because he didnt want to fight through the growing pains of learning a new system.... the iggles aint gonna just give those picks back.

also... Nick just aint gonna come out to AZ on the same contract he is currently under. He is a hot commodity and he needs to strike while the iron is hot on getting paid...
if he subs in for wentz for a game next season and passes for 50% and has 4 picks to 0 TD's... then his value tanks...if he blows out a shoulder his value tanks.... Nick and his agent are both aware of how quickly his value can drop,...there is no way they dont maximize his gain while he has leverage.... and even if he came on the same contract,... depending on the specific wording it may well be for a single season... how much is he worth on a one season rental?

I like Foles, always have, but acquiring him is in no way just a slam dunk perfect scenario. It is an option. But just like every other option it has pros and cons.

Our BEST option is to draft a guy at 15 and have a starter under cost control for the next five years... but then what if the kid tanks...cost control dont mean squat when you are 2-14...so even that option has the risk that the kid cant cut it in the NFL... But he would be really cheap and not cost draft picks, so if he does totally suck at least we have the #1 overall pick next year to try again....all while we strengthen the team via free agency and other picks.

options. We have them. Nick Foles is one of them. But he is in no way "perfect" or "Ideal" purely on face value.

That is also an opinion.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
removed pics

*** yeah,...apparently you removed the text as well***

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jurecki felt that the Eagles would trade him and said that they don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. Jurecki was reporting from Indy where he is attending the Combine. Also said that Foles would want a new contract from whomever trades for him. Is he worth that ( a 2nd and 3rd)? Cards would still have their first and the third we got as a comp pick. He might be one of the best options out there for our team. If you trade for him he is the starter and you build around him.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Jurecki felt that the Eagles would trade him and said that they don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. Jurecki was reporting from Indy where he is attending the Combine. Also said that Foles would want a new contract from whomever trades for him. Is he worth that ( a 2nd and 3rd)? Cards would still have their first and the third we got as a comp pick. He might be one of the best options out there for our team. If you trade for him he is the starter and you build around him.
I might be willing to give this years third...and a conditional 2nd/4th next year pending performance... you know...4000yds 25TD's 14 starts... that kinda thing

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I didn't see anything wrong with it. If people can't post a pic of a trainwreck as a response then there's no use in having a board. It was a harmless response imo.

+1

Do not let board bullies tell you what to do, or post. We have moderators who uphold the rules.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is totally BS Arz101. This board is f-ed.

holy crap... posting a meme of a train wreck means this board is f-ed? Dude, you either need to get a sense of humor or get off the board if you're going to be thin-skinned. I mean, that post wasn't even directed at you... or even the poster posting it. It was just a response to the idea.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I have had my fill of the Cardinals signing Superbowl MVP's in my lifetime, so no to Nick Foles in my book.

But, then again, I think that train wreck gif was used on my Teddy Bridgewater proposal. LOL!

So, I doubt there is a QB choice out there that will not warrant said train wreck gif.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'll be honest... I'd do a 2nd/3rd in a heartbeat. We still get a 1st round pick, still have our 3rd round pick... so our draft would basically be:

1st Rounder - where we can go ANYWHERE to improve the team
2nd - Possible QBOTF who can step in and be effective IMMEDIATELY
3rd round pick

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll be honest... I'd do a 2nd/3rd in a heartbeat. We still get a 1st round pick, still have our 3rd round pick... so our draft would basically be:

1st Rounder - where we can go ANYWHERE to improve the team
2nd - Possible QBOTF who can step in and be effective IMMEDIATELY
3rd round pick

yeah, definitely fine with this. the last time we traded a second rounder for an impact player, it worked out well. and turns out he also plays a mean air guitar.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
holy crap... posting a meme of a train wreck means this board is f-ed? Dude, you either need to get a sense of humor or get off the board if you're going to be thin-skinned. I mean, that post wasn't even directed at you... or even the poster posting it. It was just a response to the idea.
yeah... I posted an innocent... Have a drink, have a smoke, and get laid response... but it got deleted without cause....
Mitch has been...uh..."sensitive" the past couple weeks... a drink, smoke, and piece of arse would do him justice...always works for me when I get edgy

if this board gets to the point where everything has to be submitted for approval,...well...I'm out, lol....and thats right where all that whiney poo will take us

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave