Arizona Fitz Foles

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
If there is one team looking for a veteran starting QB to sign to a 4-5 year deal that should appeal to Nick Foles, it is the Arizona Cardinals.

Reasons Why a Trade to Arizona Should Appeal to Foles:

* Starter from day 1 and the next 4-5 years, possibly more.
* Both he and his wife, Tori Moore, went to University of Arizona, where they met.
* Perfect location, family-wise: Tori from Brea, CA (33 miles SE of LA), Nick from Austin, TX. Much closer to their families and their alma mater. Big consideration now that they have their daughter Lily.
* Mike McCoy is a good match as OC. Would cater the offense to Foles' strengths.
* Gets to pass to a HOFer in Fitz.
* Gets to feed a budding superstar RB/WR in David Johnson.
* Gets a potentially dominant defense under Wilks and Holcomb.
* Warmer climate.

Some are saying that the Eagles won't trade Foles because of the uncertainty as to when Carson Wentz is able to return---but when you look closer at their situation it would make sense to trade him asap.

Reasons Why the Eagles Should Trade Foles asap:

* The Eagles are up against the cap and this would save them $7M.
* Foles' stock will never be higher.
* Wentz won't have to deal with the pressure of having a revered Super Bowl MVP along side him.
* Wentz is way ahead of schedule to return.
* They like QB Nate Sudfeld, whom they have been grooming behind Wentz and Foles.
* They could also re-sign Chase Daniel or another backup for cheap.
* They could get a 1st round pick (#15 from Cardinals).

For those who are saying no way to giving up the #15 pick---the Cardinals were going to have to draft a QB there anyway, and with Foles, he puts the Cardinals immediately back in contention for the next 4-5 years or more.

There will be competition for Foles---early 2nd round picks---but if the Cardinals are going to beat the competition they would have to put the #15 pick on the table. Would the Browns, Broncos or Jets give up the #4, #5 or #6 pick for Foles? Likely not. They could offer a package of picks starting with their early 2nd rounders---but hey if you are the Eagles and you can pick up the #15 pick---you take it, plus a 1st rounder gives them a young starter for 5 years, not 4.

If we have learned anything about acquiring a QB...the Cardinals have to push their chips to the middle of the table. if they think they can keep trying to defer the decision until the 2nd round or at a bargain price, you wind up where the Cardinals are now, without a QB and a clear direction.

Added Reasons for Cardinals to trade for Foles:

* Creates a huge buzz heading into the season.
* They get an experienced QB who has performed brilliantly on the brightest stage.
* They can play Foles for $8M in his first year (use cap space to build the OL, WR, TE spots around him) and have a 4 year extension in place.
* They won't have to pay the $28M+ a year that Kirk Cousins is asking for.
* The last time the Cardinals signed a Super Bowl MVP, he took them to their 1st Super Bowl.

Today on his show, Dan Bickley is also of the mindset that the Cardinals offer the Eagles the #15 pick. He asks the perfect question: "If you don't want Kirk Cousins...and you don't want Nick Foles, of the QBs who are available, who do you want instead?"

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't see why the eagles would trade him away if they do not know Wentz status for the opener.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With Foles Cards needs to bring the Eco system that's behind his success. 3 terrific receivers, an all-pro type TE,top #3 OL and oh by the way bring in Doug Peterson or Frank Reisch to scheme and call plays. If it can be done, yes, Foles will deliver for Arizona and #1 round pick is worth trading him for.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't see why the eagles would trade him away if they do not know Wentz status for the opener.

When wetz will be back in week 1 or mid season, a superbowl Mvp should be pleased to sit on the bench?
He is like a legend for them, they will satisfy his request of getting the starter role somewhere else

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles will take the best offer, if they do trade Foles, I think they will let Foles dictate the trade so that it becomes a win-win for both himself and the organization.

So the actual draft pick becomes secondary to getting Foles excited with the idea of starting over with the Cardinals.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This. Well, not only this, but I have no interest in trading our top pick for a guy who has struggled mightily at times - when given the keys to the car in our own division, he crumbled.

Admittedly, his last two games were incredible. But really, he's run hot and cold throughout his career and I'd rather pay Cousins or suck it up with a rookie than deal with a guy who is going to jump between brilliance and atrocity on any given Sunday.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I'm sorry. With all due respect, I am not falling for the "Nick Foles can be a franchise QB" hype, simply because he played one good game, and two exceptional games in the playoffs, one being a Super Bowl-MVP performance. He's still NICK FOLES, for pete's sake!! He's far more likely to end up closer to Scott Mitchell then to Tom Brady (just to cite two extremes of the backup-elevated-to-starter and finding some success,,,more than "some" in Brady's case).

Don't believe the hype!!!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would try to trade for foles, like a 3th round and next year second
Draft best player available in the first (offensive lineman?) And Lauletta in the second round

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score

Vinny and Bick just had an Eagles' beat reporter on who said that he thinks Wentz is way ahead of schedule...that they have cap issues...Foles' stock will never be higher...makes it easier on Wentz and Foles to move him now.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
I'm sorry. With all due respect, I am not falling for the "Nick Foles can be a franchise QB" hype, simply because he played one good game, and two exceptional games in the playoffs, one being a Super Bowl-MVP performance. He's still NICK FOLES, for pete's sake!! He's far more likely to end up closer to Scott Mitchell then to Tom Brady (just to cite two extremes of the backup-elevated-to-starter and finding some success,,,more than "some" in Brady's case).

I believe in the player and his talent, not the hype. If you want to judge him on his Jeff Fisher years, then that's your prerogative.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Two exceptional games, one good game and a pro bowl season. Following his Pro Bowl season Chop Kelly went full ****** into his own stupid system that didn't match Nick's skill set. From there he was stuck with Jeff Fisher, ruiner of QB's, and then went to KC where Alex Smith was the absolute starter.

If ever there was a guy that could claim to be the victim of circumstance, its Foles.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
I would try to trade for foles, like a 3th round and next year second
Draft best player available in the first (offensive lineman?) And Lauletta in the second round

Not going to get it done. There will be better offers than that.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

its not one game or a few, since taking over for the eagles he has been lights out and had one of the best postseason runs for a QB

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Two exceptional games, one good game and a pro bowl season. Following his Pro Bowl season Chop Kelly went full ****** into his own stupid system that didn't match Nick's skill set. From there he was stuck with Jeff Fisher, ruiner of QB's, and then went to KC where Alex Smith was the absolute starter.

If ever there was a guy that could claim to be the victim of circumstance, its Foles.
:yeahthat::newcards:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
its not one game or a few, since taking over for the eagles he has been lights out and had one of the best postseason runs for a QB
He was bad in every game he started in until the NFC Championship.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Barf. Don’t buy into this. Eagles simply had that saints magic in a down football year. They should of never gotten home field after wentz went down.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nope. He was nails his first game against the Giants, where he lead the Eagles to 34 points.
I’ll give you that one.

He was pretty mediocre in the games that followed though(Oakland, Dallas, & Atlanta).

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Barf. Don’t buy into this. Eagles simply had that saints magic in a down football year. They should of never gotten home field after wentz went down.

Some of this. More of Eagles do have the best 53 man roster in the league and it's not close.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll give you that one.

He was pretty mediocre in the games that followed though(Oakland, Dallas, & Atlanta).

he was definitely rough against Oakland. That game was super tough to watch. But he only played a quarter against Philly and then was a solid game manager against the Falcons.

I'm definitely interested... maybe not for a first round pick, but maybe because I don't trust Keim to target/do what's necessary to get our QBOTF in the first.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I’ll give you that one.

he was... then the coaching staff did something strange... they sat down with him and discussed which plays he likes and which ones he showed success with on tape. Then they adjusted their offense accordingly, and the results were good.

unusual for a coaching staff to do that. But it is interesting because that is exactly what Mike McCoy says he plans to do with our offense.

Either way, trading the #15 for Nick Foles is foolish and I aint buying any Foles Gold...

but I would however be willing to trade them next years third.

Then this year I continue with the plan to draft a young QB

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With Cousins you only pay through Cap space. With Foles you pay through trade capital and cap space (As a reasonable assumption, Foles will wants an extension to sign with Cardinals no?). #WhyAreWeLosingMindsOverFoles?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson