Biggest needs for 2018

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In the upcoming draft, what can you see the Cards go after QB from the highest to lowest based on need?

I say after Lamar Jackson/Rosen, it would be a toss up. I say go with DE pass rusher because it is still a need. We cannot get to the qb on a consistent basis even with GOlden. A pure pass rusher on the ground can help our anemic LB's.

Then I would say a 2nd CB and that's self-explanatory

We also need a Big speedy WR who could block. Someone who could complement John Brown, JJ Nelson and Chad Williams

We have huge holes that need to be filled in both the FA and the draft. Trade down to accumulate picks after the first round.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
In the upcoming draft, what can you see the Cards go after QB from the highest to lowest based on need?

I say after Lamar Jackson/Rosen, it would be a toss up. I say go with DE pass rusher is still a need. We cannot get to the qb on a consistent basis even with GOlden. A pure pass rusher on the ground can help our anemic LB's.

We also need a Big speedy WR who could block. Someone who could complement John Brown, JJ Nelson and Chad Williams

We have huge holes that need to be filled in both the FA and the draft. Trade down to accumulate picks after the first round.

I would go free agency for a WR. There will be plenty of them available in 2018. You can probably get a guard in free agency too. If they get rid of Veldheer, then I would go RT in the second round.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

I say after Lamar Jackson/Rosen, it would be a toss up. I say go with DE pass rusher is still a need. We cannot get to the qb on a consistent basis even with GOlden. A pure pass rusher on the ground can help our anemic LB's.

I been thinking about that dline...rather than a DE I think I would go after a DT/NT...it would help us more with middle pocket pressure and also adding a monster in the middle would take some pressure away from Inactive which may help him perform better...being a younger dude it may also give him someone to compete with.... we have outside rush right now with Jones and Golden.
scheme adjustment would help too. Maybe I am the only one who has noticed it,...but it seems the cardinals D lines up really tight to the inside... It helps with the run defense but hinders the pass rush... by "Tight" I mean,... our outside guys are always in tight with the OT... if you watch the best pass rushing defenses you will see they often line up with their pass rushers as much as a full yard outside the OT's outside shoulder.... this gives the rusher a chance to build a bit of momentum before the OT has a chance to slide out and slow them down...the way we line up the OT at the very least can punch out and make contact with the rusher............ lining up wider may reduce our effectiveness against the run but will help with our outside rush...actually can help the inside rush as well since the oline wouldnt be all stacked up and the inside guys would have a shot at getting around their guy

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If Arians is not the coach next year, then we do not know what we need.

This roster based on a 3-4 defense, and a passing attack based on pure speed.

If another coach comes in, they are going to want to put their own systems in.

For example, if the new coach likes to use tight ends, then that becomes a need. If the new coach wants to run a 4-3, then an inside linebacker becomes a need. Etc., etc.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QB, OL, OL, OL.

Close. I would get the best QB in college no matter what it took...and he better have the ability to move. Massive cuts would give us ample cap space to sign some experience solid o-linemen to protect our new asset. The rest we can get back to best player available.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would say OL because you are not going to get a DE who can make an apparent difference past the first 15 picks... the Darnell Dockets are far and few going DL in the 2nd round or above, usually garnering similar results to what we have now

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Forget the draft, free agency is where you shop for needs. Then you draft the best players available regardless of position. Except for QB, I say do whatever it takes to get your QB in the draft. Unless you could trade for Luck or sign Cousins. Other then those two, I would look at the draft for our QBOF.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
HC, OC, DC, STC

and probably a bunch of position coaches..
To be very honest looking at other ARZ teams, D Backs made a huge improvement with new front office and coaching staff changes and little personnel changes other than Martinez at deadline and Suns look much better after coaching change. Maybe a change in regime for Cardinals will jump start some improvement. It makes sense if you think about it. Some of the guys on the team probably would fit better in another scheme. You draft a guy like Lamar Jackson and run a scheme or playbook he’s familiar with and maybe he has a Dak Prescott type rookie year rather than trying to decipher BA’s ridiculous complex play book.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
QB, OL, DL, CB for both FA and the draft.

It's not that hard to identify the key needs for this team.

QB
LT
C
DE
OLB
CB

Those are the building blocks of a solid roster.

The rest is just trying to add as many solid players as you can, where you can.