Gameday thread Cardinals at Rams (London) 10-22-17

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wrong. People were complaining about our punter, punt return and coverage teams from 2014 on.

Memories are short

Yeah I'm just dropping this debate. If people want to believe that Amos is non complicit in the consistently horrible play of the entire ST unit year after year,,,, that's their prerogative.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How many more wins will we get? I say maybe two. Best chances are at the 49ers in two weeks and vs. the Giants toward the end of the season.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This team seems like the least prepared, least professional (i.e. show up for work and play like it matters) club in the league. What happened? How did we get here??!?

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We might be able to beat the Titans, as well. They are awful on the road. In OT with the Browns right now.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This team seems like the least prepared, least professional (i.e. show up for work and play like it matters) club in the league. What happened? How did we get here??!?

Yeah, I'd be fired if I were this nonchalant at work.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well that was fun. I hope you guys all have a great Sunday and can put this badness out of your mind.

I'm going to see A Silent Voice later,,,, cant wait! Anyone doing anything fun?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Two trains traveling in opposite directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You assume wrong...stud LB/FB. Tougher than a 2 dollar steak too. Played through concussions, broken hand, and broken wrist.

I stand corrected.

In which case I find it even more difficult to understand how you fail to see the issue with Amos.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I stand corrected.

In which case I find it even more difficult to understand how you fail to see the issue with Amos.

Again he never said that Amos was a great coach. All he said was players have to make plays, you can coach all you want but if the players dont perform all you can do is bench them. I don't think anybody would defend Amos, you cannot fire the whole team only the coaches. Although if we cut every player that some one said cut we would be out of players by now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I actually played football for 8 years and have been watching the game all my life. I do see what you’re talking about, but Dawson(a damn good kicker) is having the worst season of his career and yet it’s amos fault. How? It’s an easy out to blame the coach when stuff doesn’t go the teams way. The browns have been bad for years through many coaching staffs. Is it the coaches or is it the players? You can disagree with me all you want, but I still think our coaching staff is the best we’ve ever had in Arizona and we’ve been spoiled as fans to get to witness it.

I can’t argue that our staff is the best we’ve had, but that’s still relative. We’ve arguably had the worst staffs for decades.

And our special teams, through ALL those staffs, was never CLOSE to as bad as it’s been . . . again in EVERY phase . . . as it’s been the ENTIRE DURATION of Amos’ tenure. Players have changed on special teams. And they ALL suck? What’s more probable, 20+ players suck in every phase in the game, even those who have been successful elsewhere previously, or are successful after leaving (hello catman), or the same coach who is in charge of all those facets puts his players in position to fail? Cmon man.

I’m all for player accountability. I argue against Mitch wanting to coddle players all the time. But at some point with 100% failure (okay, 99.9% failure taking DJ’s fluke kickoff return) you have to look at the one constant who is charged with creating success in that aspect of the game that has failed and fails and failed. I don’t know how to understand your support of Amos.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m not claiming Amos is a great coach, but as soon as something goes wrong it’s instantly the coaches fault on the board. I’ve always been first to blame the players on the field. I agree coaches place their players in a position to succeed, but special teams are the easiest of the 3 phases to coach. For the most part it’s all universal. Fg, kickoff, and punting coverage are, for the most part, the same for every team. Where they can be creative is in there return game, fakes, and directional kicking. When Andy Lee punts the ball 52 yards and the closest gunner is 10 yards away Amos can’t be the blame for the gunner not getting there fast enough or Lee not getting enough hang time on his punt. That’s just my opinion....

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

By Keim making luxury picks early and by Arians hiring underlings which are not qualified, easy to diagnose and time for the owner to tell Arians hello :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
First one that popped in my head. I can come up with more if you’d like? How about the game winners by cat when we went 13-3. No one was bitching about Amos then. Because Amos didn’t do anything it was all car and our players playing well.
No. Our special teams sucked then as well and we were all bitching about it. That’s selective memory on your part.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I’m not claiming Amos is a great coach, but as soon as something goes wrong it’s instantly the coaches fault on the board. I’ve always been first to blame the players on the field. I agree coaches place their players in a position to succeed, but special teams are the easiest of the 3 phases to coach. For the most part it’s all universal. Fg, kickoff, and punting coverage are, for the most part, the same for every team. Where they can be creative is in there return game, fakes, and directional kicking. When Andy Lee punts the ball 52 yards and the closest gunner is 10 yards away Amos can’t be the blame for the gunner not getting there fast enough or Lee not getting enough hang time on his punt. That’s just my opinion....

Not to mention having the oldest team in the league not being conducive to strong ST play. If there is a coach to blame I would say it's BA, because he is the one making the roster decisions.