Get to the Bye and Re-Group ?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The Cardinals play the LA Rams in London next week as we all know.

If there is one thing that has not been part of the Cardinals organization this season, even yesterday's game included, it has been consistency and stability.

Between crushing injuries, and inconsistent play, this team has been through a lot in 6+ weeks.

A team is what its record is. The Cardinals are 3-3, and with the current parity in this league at an all-time high*** you never know what could happen.

Those are some hypocritical words I just typed, because I have had, and still have the opinion the Cardinals are not going to do much this year.

Yes, yesterday was a blast. What a fun game to watch for a Cardinals fan. But, it is one game.

Yet, it provides some hope, and something to build off of. If this team wants to make a push, and I am talking playoffs (yes, playoffs Jim Mora, Sr.), then there has to be some changes made.

Perfect time to do this would be the bye week. That would be October 23rd to November 5th. Same week the trade deadline comes and goes (October 31st).

Thus, the Rams game in London is big, but when talking about the season and playoffs, a loss here when things are still in flux is not the end all. The Cardinals do not play well going east, and they are going way east. They are playing a hot offensive team, and Patrick Peterson is ailing. Just a lot to take on for this organization right now. Biggest thing for this team is to stay healthy.

Coming off the bye week I would hope:

1. The Cardinals find their identity between the Bucs game, and the Rams game. How many times does Palmer get hit in the pocket in these two games. Palmer seemed to have some time, and stay relatively clean against the Bucs. That is HUGE for the Cardinals.

2. Is the offensive line combination of Humphries, Boone, Shipley, Watford, Veldheer your best offensive line for the offensive you want to run ? If Adrian Peterson is now a big part of the plans, then we better get some run blockers on that line, and is the current aforementioned line up the best for that ? Is Shipley the best OC we have ? Is Watford the best RG we have ?

3. Is John Brown back ? Brown has looked pretty good the last two weeks. Is this the new normal for John Brown ? If so, then get Brown mentally back to where he needs to be. He is such an important part of this offense.

4. Rookie Help. From someone, anyone. Whether it be Chad Williams, Budda Baker, Haason Reddick.....I do not care who. But, make some sort of impact. Letting Haason Reddick have two weeks in which to improve his pass rush could be a big help. The Cardinals pass rush was a tick too slow this week, and a little improvement will go a long way.

5. Justin Bethel. I think it is time to platoon or replace him with Tramon Williams. The Cardinals search for a CB#2 will continue. Bethel is not a consistent enough cornerback, and when he fails he fails to the tune of 50+yard touchdown passes. He cannot stay at where he is. Bethel has improved, and makes some plays from time to time, but he is just a soul crusher on the defense time and time again. Enough excuses with safety play, and this and that. When there is a big play by the other team, whose name is on the back of the Cardinals' jersey when it is all said and done.

6. Concentrate on health: This team needs a healthy Patrick Peterson, DJ Humphries, John Brown, Robert Nkimdiche, and some other dinged up players

Not going to "crown" the Cardinals for anything right now. Yesterday was fun, my interest is what happens when this team hits November.

*** - From earlier in the post. Never have I seen such parity in the NFL before. I have seen it in other sports, hockey has the best parity of any sport if you ask me, and this NFL season is looking like hockey parity. What does that mean ? That means getting your team to the playoffs, and getting hot at the right time. The Cardinals have enough, IMO, that if they get hot at the right time, they could .......... well, let's get to November first.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree with everything you state. Particularly the parity part. And PARTICULARLY in the NFC. The Eagles flogged is. I'm not so sure that would be the case if we were to meet up again in the playoffs. Wide open year.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
My hope for London is that it is so far east that we actually think we are back west. :)

They should fly the plane in the opposite direction (west to way, way east) to trick the players that's actually a far west coast game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson