Great Season Dbacks!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite moments that come to mind are: the walk offs with the Giants to start the season and the 13 game win streak (it was 13, right? Lol)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It was a fun season for sure. My wife and kids got into it to. I hope they can continue this winning mentality next season. Awesome season!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
How many of us wouldn't have taken 93 wins with this team. It is so easy to criticize this player or this coach or the owner, but overall they did a great job. Hope we are back in the playoffs next year.

thrustrev

Reaction score
I have always been of mind that a team needs to win at least 50% of their games to make it enjoyable for me to watch.

They far exceeded that this season, it was a fun ride!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hope this wasn't one of those one season wonders. Even if they don't build on this season if they can make it somewhat sustainable would be a great improvement over the recent past.

Great season!

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope this wasn't one of those one season wonders. Even if they don't build on this season if they can make it somewhat sustainable would be a great improvement over the recent past.

Great season!

Everything hinges on the off-season and Kendrick opening up the pocket book.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:cheers:

I enjoyed watching some games this year. It had been a while. I hope they can build on this year and come back hungrier than ever.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How many of us wouldn't have taken 93 wins with this team. It is so easy to criticize this player or this coach or the owner, but overall they did a great job. Hope we are back in the playoffs next year.

I would have been happy just getting to 500.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope this is just the foundation of many great seasons to follow.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell, I think he should for all the years, not just one.

And if he can't is winning baseball viable in Arizona? Colorado's Payroll is $50 million more than the Dbacks. Same market size. KC's is $50 Million more.

St. Louis - $60 Million more

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
And if he can't is winning baseball viable in Arizona? Colorado's Payroll is $50 million more than the Dbacks. Same market size. KC's is $50 Million more.

St. Louis - $60 Million more

I think KC's payroll is going to drop after they lose Cain, Moustakas, and Hosmer. I hope we can get up in that $150mil range, at least while we have these guys under cost controlled deals.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Everything hinges on the off-season and Kendrick opening up the pocket book.

My worry is that he (basically out of nowhere) did that with Greinke. And it blew up in his face.

Greinke is a good but not great pitcher at this stage. Being paid like one of the best in the league. Hopefully it doesn't make him too apprehensive in the future.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My worry is that he (basically out of nowhere) did that with Greinke. And it blew up in his face.

Greinke is a good but not great pitcher at this stage. Being paid like one of the best in the league. Hopefully it doesn't make him too apprehensive in the future.

What was your expectation for him?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I've been bummed all day. This is better than being irrelevant, but getting swept in the first round blows. :(

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been bummed all day. This is better than being irrelevant, but getting swept in the first round blows. :(

At least your team made it to the playoffs. The best is yet to come. :thumbup:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
What was your expectation for him?

Top 5 pitcher. Dbacks are basically a mid-market team. Greinke being anything but dominant would be a waste of money. He was a disaster last season but good-to-great this season. And while I doubt they would have beaten the Dodgers, his performance in the Wild Card game threw the entire rotation off. They never recovered.

Hasn't lived up to that massive contract.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson