What2Watch4: Arizona Cardinals at Philadelphia Eagles

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Five matchups to watch when the Arizona Cardinals visit the Philadelphia Eagles this Sunday:

Jaylen Mills, CB, #31 vs Larry Fitzgerald, WR, #11 Mills is quickly establishing himself as one of the league’s best young cornerbacks. Jim Schwartz may point him at #11 and worry about setting the defense around everyone else.

Brandon Graham, DE, #55 vs Jared Veldheer, RT, #68 San Francisco was generating so much interior pressure last week that Veldheer was not tested much. Brandon Graham already has 2.5 sacks this season rushing from the right side of the offensive line.

Fletcher Cox, DT, #91 vs A.Q. Shipley, OC, #53 Cox is a bowling ball of knives as a three-technique, and the Cards would be insane to leave him one-on-one against either of their likely starters at guard.

LeGarrette Blount, RB, #29 vs Deone Bucannon, $LB, #20 - Last season “Buc” was T6th in the NFL in broken tackles allowed with 17. Blount was 15th among running backs in breaking tackles (48).

Zach Ertz, TE, #86 vs Karlos Dansby, ILB, #56 A receiving tight end is a young QB’s best friend, and Ertz is Carson Wentz’s favorite target. If Dansby can carry Ertz down the field, it offers a lot of opportunities to create pressure from exotic angles.

Prediction: Arizona Cardinals 16, Philadelphia Eagles 21

You must be registered for see images attach

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Does anyone think it’s strange Humphries was limited last week but is a DNP this week? Obviously he had a setback that they don’t want to talk about

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Does anyone think it’s strange Humphries was limited last week but is a DNP this week? Obviously he had a setback that they don’t want to talk about

It was weird. I don't know what happened. Casually, it sounds like someone might have rolled up on it again in practice or something?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As always thanks for this k9. I doubt los is matched up against Ertz much and believe it will be Branch.

I share your concern about Blount and gang tackling has to be the battle cry this week for the D.

I would add What2Watch4 Peters vs. Kelce. Kelce may be worse the Shiply and gets destroyed by good NT's.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we put 2 guys on Blount: A deep stopper (Branch) and a LOS stuffer (either Buc or one of our rotational linemen - I vote for Gunter or X Williams).

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
We’ve been pretty good at stopping the run in my opinion. Except the 4th quarter of course. Branch has been the teams best run stopper this year I think.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would add What2Watch4 Peters vs. Kelce. Kelce may be worse the Shiply and gets destroyed by good NT's.
Kelce was actually an excellent player before his injury a couple of seasons ago. As for the TE's, they haven't' done much this season but we have a tendency to make TE's look like Mark Bavaro on a weekly basis. Jefferies vs Peterson is an intriguing matchup as is our WR's against Philly's suspect secondary. If we can maintain blocks and give Palmer a second or 2 more to throw, we should be able to score some points. Not having to face Cox is a plus but by the way our line has been playing, Graham should have a field day. Hell, we shown we can't stop a 3 man rush.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I actually think Jaron Brown is going to have a big game. He is seeing more targets and has been reliable. If Philly keys on Fitz it should leave Brown with a lot of one on one matchups.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kelce was actually an excellent player before his injury a couple of seasons ago. As for the TE's, they haven't' done much this season but we have a tendency to make TE's look like Mark Bavaro on a weekly basis. Jefferies vs Peterson is an intriguing matchup as is our WR's against Philly's suspect secondary. If we can maintain blocks and give Palmer a second or 2 more to throw, we should be able to score some points. Not having to face Cox is a plus but by the way our line has been playing, Graham should have a field day. Hell, we shown we can't stop a 3 man rush.

So since his injury Kelce has sucked, kinda what I said. Ertz is having a monster season!!!!!!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave