What2Watch4: Arizona Cardinals at Indianapolis Colts

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Five matchups that could help determine the outcome of Sunday’s game between the Arizona Cardinals and Indianapolis Colts:

T.Y. Hilton, WR, #13 vs Patrick Peterson, CB, #21 In a game that no one nationally seems to want to watch, this is as close as it comes to a marquee matchup. Hilton quietly lead the NFL in receiving yards this year and has been the kind of flexible, speedy target that gives Peterson fits.

Frank Gore, RB, #23 vs. Karlos Dansby, ILB, #56 These two vets have been playing each other forever. Both are making their livings more on the experience from the past than their abilities in the present. Gore is great at taking the yardage available; Dansby needs to fill and ensure gap discipline among the front seven.

Quincy Wilson, CB, #31 vs. Jaron Brown, WR, #13 After playing 73% of the offensive snaps and making 0% of an impact on the game, Brown needs to bounce back against a second-round rookie who is as big and physical as he is. This could be the most important matchup in the game.

Jabaal Sheard, OLB, #93 vs. John Wetzel, OT, #73 After an up-and-down season last year in New England, Sheard’s tenure in Indy hasn’t begun with much fanfare. Wetzel looked overpowered against backup defensive ends in Detroit — he has to get better this week.

Anthony Castanzo, LT, #74 vs. Chandler Jones, OLB, #55 - With Jacoby Brissett the sudden starter in Indy, Jones is going to have to be more consistent in his gap discipline. If he is, Castanzo blew 14 pass blocks last season, according to Football Outsiders, which is a great opportunity.

Prediction: Arizona Cardinals 38, Indianapolis Colts 16

You must be registered for see images

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
BA just said that they have a package for Jim Dray. He is in the game plan! I think he's a very good TE to sign at this point. Super smart, picked up the playbook right away and can block.

Btw, K9, I know he's not a well-known name yet, but the Lions' DE Anthony Zettel (Penn St., 2nd year) who John Wetzel struggled with is having a superb start this season...he was one of the only bright spots in the first half of their pre-season game versus the Patriots. He had a sack and numerous pressures in that game as well.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I know how Kerouac9 came up with the 38.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I for one will also be curious to see what happens when Reddick meets Gore

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
38 points?? No DJ Hump, No Iupati, No David Johnson, No John Brown, Alex Boone with only a week of practice is starting... and we think this offense will generate 38 points??
Man, I just hope the Cards somehow find a way to win. I see a thrilling 13-10 affair...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are two matchup avenues to success.

1. Our big play guys make more big plays than their big play guys

2. Our spillover good players steamroll their lesser talented players.

All within the context of: We do fewer dumb things than they do.

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
Never mind - I am not smart enough to post the regular model - but not a great pic either.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
38 points?? No DJ Hump, No Iupati, No David Johnson, No John Brown, Alex Boone with only a week of practice is starting... and we think this offense will generate 38 points??
Man, I just hope the Cards somehow find a way to win. I see a thrilling 13-10 affair...

Hmmmmm... LOL... Now, if want to know about next week with the Cowgirlz, shoot me a PM and I'll give you download for your next installment!! [emoji12]

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave