David Johnson - Wrist Injury Thread (Combined)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we do? Looks like to me we've got Peterson, maybe Reddick... jury is out on Golden/Jones to see if they can register any kind of pass rush without Calais. And on offense we have... what? An aging gracefully, but aging Fitz and... pretty much nothing else.

That's not to say we start benching guys, but this team was relatively talent-poor with DJ. Without him, there's literally not one dynamic guy on O, a shaky at best O-line and that's all she wrote on that side of the ball!

We'll see.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im sadly not even that excited for football anymore this year and its week frakking 1
As for the whole team, yeah, but I'm still excited for Reddick's progression this year. He continue to play like he did yesterday & follow up on the momentum, then he's gonna have a bright future with us. I know Budda will come along too. I think Ford will get some PT on defense sooner rather than later, too.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Play well if somehow cards are in pf run maybe dj could come back and help.

Keeping fingers crossed ugh sick feeling in my stomach now :(.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll see.

where do you see the talent? I know almost all off-season, you consistently were in the camp of "I like what we have at WR" when there was numerous opportunities to go get upgrades... but do you still believe that?

I still can't believe people thought our stable of WRs was fine going into the season. People kept mentioning Jaron Brown coming back strong from his ACL, but he's really just a guy on the field, an Ernie Jones. Actually, that's doing disservice to Indiana who at least had one memorable 80 yard TD to win a game against a terrible Cowboys club way back in yesteryear.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Most depressing opener in recent memory.

Last year I wasn't upset because I saw the Pats loss coming from a mile away. Losing DJ is like a punch to the gut. I dont even want to think about the Cards right now. :(

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest concern is the Kenny King effect: never the same.

I guess the only saving grace is that DJ isn't throwing around 340b lineman... HE may have to leave the stiff arm in the closet from here on out??

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where do you see the talent? I know almost all off-season, you consistently were in the camp of "I like what we have at WR" when there was numerous opportunities to go get upgrades... but do you still believe that?

I still can't believe people thought our stable of WRs was fine going into the season. People kept mentioning Jaron Brown coming back strong from his ACL, but he's really just a guy on the field, an Ernie Jones. Actually, that's doing disservice to Indiana who at least had one memorable 80 yard TD to win a game against a terrible Cowboys club way back in yesteryear.

Our WR room was iffy. I assumed chad williams or whatever his name is would actually be able to play and that smoke would be 100%. None of that happened so we will see.

But, I am not doom and gloom about it, nor will us having a bad season impact me in any way except for crappy games on sundays. I am still optimistic we can put it together and win games. I think we will stomp on the colts and then we can squeak out a win at home against dallas.

Thats why they play the game. You are welcome to assume the season is over but that would take all the fun out of it for me so I am not doing that.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Nah, let Niklas play and prove he is done being injured. We need two TE anyway, him and Momah can be on the field. Especially with Wetzel at LT and our star RB our 8 weeks.
I thought nickedglass was billed as a top flight blocker. Should be nice to have someone help our T's.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We should've blew it up this past off-season. Question though, do you think we would've blew it up sooner had David Johnson not sprouted into the best RB in the league?

Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it... The Cards had very little in the way of options heading into this season. With the reality that Palmer and Fitz were coming back for another year, this season was baked in the cake.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
I think we are coming off as homers if we think we have a chance to win anything without DJ. Our QB is bad, our best offensive player is still a great one, but we have no other wr to match, our defense is good but not good enough to win games.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Doom and gloom Monday....lol
the sky is always falling Monday after a loss

Even the Patriots message board was....'we're not any good....overrated.... :( ...'

It's just one game...and they got the Colts next week

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't say anything at the time, but was quite dismayed when he reported in this year claiming that he had worked out during the off--season and cut his weight from two thirty to two twenty. It seems to me that far too many athletes today cut their fat content so much that they are left with brittle, overworked, muscle matter with little or no fat content. Then they go from there to injury after injury because they have given themselves no way to cushion
heavy impact. It seems to me that he might have messed with success by doing that. After all, he had a great year at the weight he carried. I hope that he hasn't placed his body in jeopardy thru bad physical maintenance. Just a thought.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
All I know is I hope to God they do NOT bring back CJ. Bring up Summers from the practice squad and now BA has to put up or shut up after previously stating that K. Williams is a deserving RB. I expect BA to promote Ellington pass KW. This is not looking good after BA built this team around one guy.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say anything at the time, but was quite dismayed when he reported in this year claiming that he had worked out during the off--season and cut his weight from two thirty to two twenty. It seems to me that far too many athletes today cut their fat content so much that they are left with brittle, overworked, muscle matter with little or no fat content. Then they go from there to injury after injury because they have given themselves no way to cushion
heavy impact. It seems to me that he might have messed with success by doing that. After all, he had a great year at the weight he carried. I hope that he hasn't placed his body in jeopardy thru bad physical maintenance. Just a thought.

I was worried the first time he saw the field in preseason and looked smaller than before. That might help agility but it doesnt help with being hit over and over all year.

Although I doubt it has anything to do with a wrist.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yeah... people need to stay the hell away from Netflix lifestyle changes.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...om-his-diet-after-watching-two-documentaries/

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Most depressing opener in recent memory.

Last year I wasn't upset because I saw the Pats loss coming from a mile away. Losing DJ is like a punch to the gut. I dont even want to think about the Cards right now. :(
Last year against NE was much more depressing, imo.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I swear that if this team didn't have bad luck they'd have none at all. Just when it looks like we have the nutz, something happens to bring it all crashing down.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I was worried the first time he saw the field in preseason and looked smaller than before. That might help agility but it doesnt help with being hit over and over all year.
Chandler Jones has lost 10-15 lbs as well & he looks thinner

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson