Draft Crap

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This will likely be my last year watching the draft. They've absolutely destroyed the coverage by refusing to announce picks. It's so bad, the on-air talent on NFL Network were making jokes about it. 5 minutes per pick, right? Well, we're 25 minutes in, and only 2 picks have been announced. There's one trade in there, but at most, that puts us at 15 minutes. Aaaaaand...we're in a commercial.

Yeah, this is awful.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it's awful. I remember I used to watch all day Saturday and half of Sunday back when it used to be on the weekend. Now I just watch Thursday night if that. I was hoping the Cards would trade up tonight so I could turn it off and go back to baseball and the NHL playoffs.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
It's Roger Goodell pageantry. Not at all fan friendly. This is why he gets do roundly booed---he's totally out of touch with the fans and what they appreciate about the draft.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will likely be my last year watching the draft. They've absolutely destroyed the coverage by refusing to announce picks. It's so bad, the on-air talent on NFL Network were making jokes about it. 5 minutes per pick, right? Well, we're 25 minutes in, and only 2 picks have been announced. There's one trade in there, but at most, that puts us at 15 minutes. Aaaaaand...we're in a commercial.

Yeah, this is awful.
I'm just listening to radio

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

Yeah, this is awful.

Surely you have heard of multi-tasking. I only turn to the TV when a pick is about to be announced.

Reaction score
I agree with Stout. At one point the broadcast was about 5-6 picks behind the actual selection. Dog and pony show! It blows!

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I decided to watch the day two coverage on NFL.com. I had never heard of the on air talent and they were pretty mediocre but they showed the announcement of every single draft pick.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I decided to watch the day two coverage on NFL.com. I had never heard of the on air talent and they were pretty mediocre but they showed the announcement of every single draft pick.

Right, but the NFL wasn't allowing them to announce the picks when they were in. The announcements were all 15, 20, 25 minutes behind.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paraphrase Mayock...

Can this really be good TV? Next time they go to a zoo for a pick I'm walking off the set.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's Roger Goodell pageantry. Not at all fan friendly. This is why he gets do roundly booed---he's totally out of touch with the fans and what they appreciate about the draft.
I get that Goodell wants to expand the market wider than the hard core, but he does so at the risk of losing hard core fans.

One remedy - If ESPN remains solvent and continues to cover the entire 3 days - make one of the 2 football channels cover the red carpet entertainment stuff and the other channel the meat and potatos. To have both nets basically duplicate one another is just plain nuts.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see the NFL draft going to a pay channel with no interruptions for diehard fans. The TV fluff is causing me to tune out. It is just background noise.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Even last night sucked... When they were announcing our 1rst round pick, they were still yacking, and hadn't even zoomed in yet.

The whole format has been a train wreck.

The pick is in...... Then go run 8 commercials????