2017 1st round pick is Haason Reddick

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Very happy with this pick. With those available, I wanted either Hooker, Reddick or Foster.
Best LB in the draft. Reddick and Hooker were the BPAs available.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Defense wins championships and if this D can stay healthy this year, the Cardinals are going to have one awesome defense and Reddick only makes this D that much better.

Versatile player who has worked hard to get where he is. How can anyone not like this pick?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Howcan you not factor Washington into your draft?

Smaller von Miller? Key word being smaller.

I would have loved to love the pick but he's a late 1st/early 2nd round talent and there were much better players on the board.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Howcan you not factor Washington into your draft?

Smaller von Miller? Key word being smaller.

I would have loved to love the pick but he's a late 1st/early 2nd round talent and there were much better players on the board.

Because he hasn't played in three years maybe?

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
If the cards had him n their top 15, they eed to re-address how they build a draft board

supercards

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Reddick is the speed replacement for Golden. Golden is just too slow and pouty to play in the nfl.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Not going to claim to be a scout, but the last few years have seen teams prioritize the SPARQ ratings from draft picks. I know there were a few articles going around about it on here from the Ringer, B/R, ect.

That said, Reddick ranks:

4th best SPARQ score (141.3) from EDGE players at the combine and 5th overall at the position (all prospects, not just combine).

His z-score, which is basically point above league average at the position is 1.6, and he ranks in the 94.8th percentile at the position in the NFL. Basically, hes a near elite athlete on the edge and is definitely in the elite category if he can hold up at ILB.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Reddick would have been taken by the Eagles at #14, imo. He was in many team's top 10. Even Bill Polian loved the pick when Josh Weinfuss took him on the ESPN Sportswriter's Mock Draft. Steve Keim has Reddick at #5 on his board.​

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Reddick would have been taken by the Eagles at #14, imo. He was in many team's top 10. Even Bill Polian loved the pick when Josh Weinfuss took him on the ESPN Sportswriter's Mock Draft. Steve Keim has Reddick at #5 on his board.​
If Reddick was 5 on keims board, that's Scarry. 25 is more realistic

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like the pick, fits what we like to do - so much better than Minter in round 2.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Arians already talking about sub packages which means Reddick taking Okafor's job of being the third pass rusher on 3rd and longs. Last year it was Jones, Golden, Campbell, and Okafor. This year Jones, Golden, Reddick, Nkemdiche?

We have (had) pretty much zero depth behind any of the starting 4 LB's so Reddick is a guy who could fill in any spot ILB or OLB in case of injury. Probably takes Los's position next year full time.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Why u cry bro? Don't tell me u wanted Hooker?
Because I want players and value.

I'd take hooker over Reddick everyday. Sad thing is the cards will likely take a lesser safety later

There were about 10 guys I take over JJ there.

Reactions: PJ1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave