The QB nobody is talking about

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We may not have much of a choice when it comes to FA QBs. A couple years ago, they'd be lining up to come play with the QB Whisperer. Now, with the popular perception that Arians won't be coaching after 2017, how many guys will be willing to commit to a difficult offense for a year, then have the rug pulled out?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Because Nick Foles is garbage. Everyone who says he's garbage is right; anyone who says otherwise is a Wildcat.
We may not have much of a choice when it comes to FA QBs. A couple years ago, they'd be lining up to come play with the QB Whisperer. Now, with the popular perception that Arians won't be coaching after 2017, how many guys will be willing to commit to a difficult offense for a year, then have the rug pulled out?

Sort of looks to me like the Cardinals are building a staff within to carry on that Arian's offense even after he retires :)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sort of looks to me like the Cardinals are building a staff within to carry on that Arian's offense even after he retires :)
You Betcher will be the next Cards HC. At some point BA will turn full playcalling over to HG, so he can maintain OC when BA hangs them up.

Personally I think BA will stay 2 more years...1 with Carson and Fitz...and then 1 more with some youngins...grooming the staff for a takeover in 2019.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are we comparing a player who almost sucked for his entire career with a low winning record and one of lowest percentage of complete passes among qb's, with a guy that at least had a very good season, with amazing td pass interceptions ratio
Foles is far from being special but stanton is hot garbage
Stanton do u think is capable of playing a full season with 27 td pass and 2 interceptions
I think no, no way, even if he has weapons like julius jones calvin johnson fitzgerald and grankovsky

Last edited:

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
You Betcher will be the next Cards HC. At some point BA will turn full playcalling over to HG, so he can maintain OC when BA hangs them up.

Personally I think BA will stay 2 more years...1 with Carson and Fitz...and then 1 more with some youngins...grooming the staff for a takeover in 2019.

When BA hangs em up, mark my words, our next head coach is not on this staff. Why would Michael Bidwill go in house to replace BA and not do his due diligence in finding the most qualified replacement. If this team has a stellar year, then I bet they will get consideration, if they miss the playoffs again, all bets are off.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
When BA hangs em up, mark my words, our next head coach is not on this staff. Why would Michael Bidwill go in house to replace BA and not do his due diligence in finding the most qualified replacement. If this team has a stellar year, then I bet they will get consideration, if they miss the playoffs again, all bets are off.

I agree with this. BA is delusional in thinking he is surrounded by future head coaches.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It's impossible for US to know who/which coaches have a HC job in their future. We can guess, but unless we're behind the scenes, we have no idea what their definite role and personality are when it comes to staff dynamics.

People, not me, thought Todd Haley would be a fine HC and he flamed out in a minute. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised with his past ties that, if BA leaves, Haley would be considered.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

Why would MB want to blow things up and start over? Why not try to keep some continuity?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Na I prefer Drew Brees.

Drew Brees is 38 years old. He'll be 39 or 40 after next season. His contract voids, but NO would have $18M in dead money. I think he's basically on a year-to-year plan where he'll get a one-year extension and guarantee salary until he's ready to hang it up.

Signing a QB who is 40 and asking him to succeed in a new offense after 10 years in his last one feels like folly.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like BA, so hopefully we won't have to worry about a new coach for four or five+ years.

Has he said he won't be back? Or, is this just all talk and speculation?

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like BA, so hopefully we won't have to worry about a new coach for four or five+ years.

Has he said he won't be back? Or, is this just all talk and speculation?

Of course it's just speculation. But as far as the conversation of attracting a FA QB, speculation is probably all that they will have. Unless BA can convince them otherwise.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Purely conjecture: BA develops customized game plans for each game. CP gets all the practice reps. That limits Stanton because he has to step in "cold" to execute BA's offensive scheme of the week.

My point: It may be that - with sufficient prep between games - Stanton would be just fine; & that's the way. we should evaluate him..

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Purely conjecture: BA develops customized game plans for each game. CP gets all the practice reps. That limits Stanton because he has to step in "cold" to execute BA's offensive scheme of the week.

My point: It may be that - with sufficient prep between games - Stanton would be just fine; & that's the way. we should evaluate him..
Ehhhhhhhhh...He's had plenty of starts in AZ where he had full practice reps...He is what he is...a serviceable backup and spot starter.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Why would MB want to blow things up and start over? Why not try to keep some continuity?

Blow up what exactly? This team has room for improvement across the board at every position. Who are you going to promote? Goodwin, Betcher ? Please! People already gripe about them plenty, being the coordinators. If a mobile QB is selected as a QBOF, then there is no way this staff stays after BA's departure. Todd Haley will be mentioned again, mark my words.

Last edited:

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised with his past ties that, if BA leaves, Haley would be considered.

I completely agree on this....Although he might not want to leave Pitt. But you know with Michael Bidwill at the helm, there most definitely will be a call to Haley once BA leaves.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I am not a foles fan. he did not play well vs dallas when their defense was not that good. he seems like his stats were better than his ability but who knows. I thought dallas would pick him up this past season once romo got hurt but they had little/no interest in him.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It's impossible for US to know who/which coaches have a HC job in their future. We can guess, but unless we're behind the scenes, we have no idea what their definite role and personality are when it comes to staff dynamics.

People, not me, thought Todd Haley would be a fine HC and he flamed out in a minute. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised with his past ties that, if BA leaves, Haley would be considered.
Totally agree Haley would be high on the radar. Hey Bellicheat failed in Cleveland as well :mrgreen:

Nothing like a little experience of failure as a HC to sometimes work to change their ways. I like his chances if he's got a good QB

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Totally agree Haley would be high on the radar. Hey Bellicheat failed in Cleveland as well :mrgreen:

Nothing like a little experience of failure as a HC to sometimes work to change their ways. I like his chances if he's got a good QB

When BA retires, I feel the Cardinals are going to promote someone to head coach.