Prioritizing Cards Free Agents

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
What about F-tagging CC and signing CJ to long term deal? More expensive going that way?

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
CC is what make that defensive line go. He has a good 3-4 years left. Much rather resign CC than CJ. We still have Golden who going to demand a big contract after next season.

I would also like Tony Jefferson to resign with the Cardinals. Jefferson has worked extremely hard and should be resigned by the Cardinals.

We should be able to resign Cooper. He was a solid corner for the Cardinals. I can see the Cardinals replacing Bethal with Cooper.

Those are my top 3 players I would like the Cardinals to resign.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching the Pats and looking at how they do business, it is probably the best business move to try and keep as many of these fringe players on the roster as possible. Yes, that could lead to re-signing below average players, but it also keeps stability on the roster.

Players I can see us re-signing
Frostee Rucker
Chandler Jones (FT)
DJ Swearinger
Chris Johnson
Kevin Minter
AQ Shipley
Sio Moore
Alex Okafor
Stepfan Taylor
Marcus Cooper

Players who will price themselves out
Calais Campbell
Jermaine Gresham
Tony Jefferson
Earl Watford
Andre Ellington

That excludes RFA like Fells and Catanzaro.

This would leave our 53 man roster pretty well filled out with few holes. There would be several spots filled with players who could be easily upgraded, but that can addressed with the draft. Maybe we sign a couple fringe players ourselves, who knows.

By the way, Minter is terrible. No stats can make that untrue. However, I would rather have Minter and take a low cost guy in the draft who will beat him out than starting a rookie with even less depth behind him.

Players who 'may' price themselves out.