8 Years Ago Today(1/18/09)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'd still put that playoff team up against just about any in history. That team got hot at the right time and dominated the NFC playoffs. The only bad spot was Harrison's INT in the SB.

They didn't dominate the playoffs. They could've very easily lost to Atlanta and Philly. Was it the Michael Turner fumble-6 that swung that game?

When I think of dominant playoff runs the 09' Saints (beat Favre, Manning, Warner) or the 11' Giants (beat Ryan, Rodgers and Brady). The Cards beat rookie Matt Ryan, Jake Delhomme and Donovan McNabb. They were lucky to avoid the Neadowlands in January.

CatBoxBackFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They didn't dominate the playoffs. They could've very easily lost to Atlanta and Philly. Was it the Michael Turner fumble-6 that swung that game?

When I think of dominant playoff runs the 09' Saints (beat Favre, Manning, Warner) or the 11' Giants (beat Ryan, Rodgers and Brady). The Cards beat rookie Matt Ryan, Jake Delhomme and Donovan McNabb. They were lucky to avoid the Neadowlands in January.

Debbie Downer!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

They also avoided the Vikes and AP, rhanks to the Iggles.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'd still put that playoff team up against just about any in history. That team got hot at the right time and dominated the NFC playoffs. The only bad spot was Harrison's INT in the SB.
I still blame that pick on Quan because he ran a poopy route:bang:

It might've been different if AD was on the roster instead of Levi Clown! Might've ran the ball from the 1 instead :barf:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Larry Legend & #13 dominated for 4 straight games so I'm gonna side with him on this one Lol :koolaid:

You can only play the teams you're scheduled to play :mrgreen:

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fond memories of attending that game! Scary that it's been 8 years already.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Watched it at work with a bunch of juvenile criminals, about half of whom were Philly thugs. When Philly had us, they went crazy talking smack in the TV room; when we started doing well, they wanted to change the channel :)

Needless to say, they got rather quiet by the end. Because, you know, I wasn't about to change the channel.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was an awesome beginning of the most enjoyable run in over 50 years as a Cardinal fan. The end was a disappointment (to say the least) but what a game it was. 8 years? Wow.

Oh how I have missed #13.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Warner and P. Manning were the best QBs I ever saw at coming to the line, reading the defense and calling a new play. Warner wasn't a great athlete but he was a great QB.