DJ may be the third all time player to

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rice still GOAT! Love Fitz but Rice just wow what he did in a much tougher WR era is just absurd. I'm sure Fitz would tell you the same.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QB's who Fitz has had throwing him the ball:

Josh McCown
John Navarre
Shaun King
Kurt Warner
Matt Leinart
Tim Rattay
Brian St. Pierre
Derek Anderson
Max Hall
John Skelton
Richard Bartel
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Lindley
Brian Hoyer
Carson Palmer
Logan Thomas
Drew Stanton

That list just made me cry...(other than bolded names)

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do the Cards know how to draft WR's or what! Both Fitz and Q on that list, only the 9ers did better with Rice and TO but they also had Montana and Young throwing to them most of their careers. I also didn't realize how amazing Gonzalez was, knew he was great but didn't realize he was a GOAT.

DJ has his on highway and goes full speed all the time.

That list just made me cry...(other than bolded names)
Compare that with the other receivers on that list. Rice had Montana and Young, Harrison had Peyton Manning. Hall of Fame QB's all. T-Gon an Fitz and even TO had not so great QB's.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Moss isn't even the greatest all time on the Vikings and I loved Moss.

I agree for the simple fact Carter played 75 more games as a Viking. Crazy thing is in five less seasons in Minnesota Moss only had 18 less TD's and averaged over 3 more yards per catch plus had more all pro honors (in 75 less games!)

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree for the simple fact Carter played 75 more games as a Viking. Crazy thing is in five less seasons in Minnesota Moss only had 18 less TD's and averaged over 3 more yards per catch plus had more all pro honors (in 75 less games!)

Are you really comparing Randy Moss to Cris Carter?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Of course not. Moss has the highest TD per catch rate in NFL history.

Right. Now you're just making yourself look ignorant. Comparing him to Cris Carter.

I'm going to be lazy, because I don't take this argument seriously. Chris Carter:

• One of three players to record 120+ receptions in a season twice, 1994 and 1995. (Wes Welker, Antonio Brown)
  • Most touchdown receptions on Thursday games (9)
  • Most 12+ reception games in a single season (4) in 1995
  • One of 3 players (Clarke Gaines and Jerry Rice) to record 12+ receptions in back to back games
  • Most 1-yard touchdown receptions in NFL history (9) - tied with Jeremy Shockey
  • Most touchdown receptions 2 yards or less in NFL history (16) – tied with Jerry Rice
  • Most touchdown receptions 4 yards or less in NFL history (28)
  • Most touchdown receptions 5 yards or less in NFL history (36) – tied with Jerry Rice
  • Most touchdown receptions 6 yards or less in NFL history (44)
  • Most touchdown receptions 7 yards or less in NFL history (48)
  • Most consecutive games with 2 touchdown receptions (4) – tied with Calvin Johnson and Doug Baldwin
  • Most consecutive seasons with 5+ touchdown receptions (11) – Terrell Owens, Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Don Hutson, Tim Brown
  • First player to record a 150-yard receiving game in 3 different decades (Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens are the only other players to do so)
  • Member of 2013 Hall of Fame Class
I like Randy Moss, but there's no comparison. Cris Carter is in the HOF. Chris Carter has the best hands of any receiver ever outside of maybe Fitz. Randy Moss isn't in that league. I like the dude, but I'm not even sure he's HOF worthy, while Cris Carter is already enshrined.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Apologies for my laziness, I just think it's a stupid argument and not worth researching in any depth. Randy Moss isn't even close to Cris Carter. The difference between HOF and good is vast. It's a large difference, and I don't think you realize that.

(Edit: and I don't see Randy Moss' name in any of those categories. All he does is catch TDs. Where do you think that saying came from? Not Randy Moss, that saying came from Cris Carter and it's lasted decades because of him)

All he does is catch touchdowns. That's Cris Carter.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Serious question. Are you trolling right now?

Yes, I'm trolling by saying Cris Carter is a better player than Randy Moss. I'm totally trolling, trying to bait you into this argument.

You're the ******** who started this discussion.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
  • Yes, I'm trolling by saying Cris Carter is a better player than Randy Moss. I'm totally trolling, trying to bait you into this argument.

You're the ******** who started this discussion.

I'm the ******** who ended it.

#2 all-time in TD receptions
  • #3 all-time in receiving yards
  • All-Pro selection five times. (1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007)
  • Most touchdown receptions in a season – 23 (2007)
  • Most touchdown receptions by a rookie in a season – 17 (1998)
  • Most seasons with 17 or more touchdown receptions – 3 (1998, 2003, 2007)
  • Most seasons with 16 or more touchdown receptions – 3 (1998, 2003, 2007)
  • His average of 12.4 scoring catches per season is the best mark in NFL history.
  • Most seasons with 11 or more touchdown receptions – 8 – tied with Jerry Rice
  • Most seasons with 10 or more touchdown receptions – 9 – tied with Jerry Rice
  • Most games in a season with at least 2 touchdown receptions – 8 (2007)
  • One of two players to have 1,600+ receiving yards and 16+ receiving touchdowns in a season (2003), the other being Calvin Johnson (2011)
  • Most yards receiving in a Pro Bowl game – 212 (2000)
  • Most touchdowns scored in first 10 games with a new team – 16 (2007)
  • In 2003 Moss became the first wide receiver in history to average over 100 yards and one touchdown per contest over the course of a season spanning more than 12 games.
  • Most 1,200+ yard receiving seasons to start a career – 6 (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)
  • Moss has averaged at least one receiving touchdown per game played in four different seasons: 1998 (17 TDs in 16 games), 2003 (17 in 16), 2004 (13 in 13), and 2007 (23 in 16)[93]
  • At the end of the 2008 season, Moss averaged 12.3 receiving TDs per season
  • Four 100+ yard games in his first four games with a new team in 2007
  • Youngest player in NFL history to record his 100th receiving touchdown – (29 years and 235 days)
  • Youngest player in NFL history to record his 120th receiving touchdown – (30 years, 313 days)
  • Most receiving yards before 30th birthday – 10,700
  • Most TD receptions before 30th birthday – 101
  • Youngest player to reach 6,000 career receiving yards (25 years and 270 days)
  • Fastest player to reach 5,000 career receiving yards – 59 games (broke record of 61 games by Jerry Rice)
  • Highest career yards per catch average for any player with 900+ receptions – 15.6 yards per reception
  • Youngest player to have 3 touchdown receptions in a game (21 years, 286 days; later broken by Rob Gronkowski)
  • Led the NFL in receiving touchdowns five separate times
You must be registered for see images attach

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Love what you started with: I'm the ******** who ended it. Well done. As I said previously, I was being lazy, and I'm still being lazy, because I don't believe Moss is even close to Cris Carter and frankly he isn't even close to WR's that are waiting to get into the hall.

That being said, Randy Moss is badass, I'm not sure why we're disputing that. This started I believe because you said he was the GOAT and someone else said he wasn't even the best player on his team (which is true), and you got all butthurt and started throwing down.

Moss can't sniff Carter's jock, that's a fact. Whether or not he can beat out these other dudes is yet to be seen.

He was a great player, don't get me wrong, but this initially didn't have anything to do with me. So I said he was good but not Cris Carter good and you got all bent about it. If you want to play with me then I'll play, he's not as good as Cris Carter or many other WR's bro. There's probably 5 or 6 guys I'd take ahead of him. Isaac Bruce, Tory Holt, there are others ahead of Randy Moss.

You're getting all crazy. Randy Moss may never make the HOF. You're acting like he's the best player in it. And what has Moss ever helped his team win? Nothing, ever. EVER. Holt and Bruce and others had better numbers than Moss and have won championships.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will you two get a room already????

:offtopic:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe, I'm kind of horny. He won't promise a reach around though.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LOL well done.

I still remember Joe Buck going all crazy announcing that. Very well done.