Should DJ be ranked so high in most fantasy rankings

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Not Mr Brown but Leroy Kelly is most like DJ in skill set - I've never seen a better all around RB/player. in the middle, traffic, pass catching, passing, rushing titles, punt return titles! handled the ball about 60% of the plays for 10 years for the Browns after Mr. Jim Brown - including the heartbreaker against the undefeated Dolphins in the AFC Championship game- I'll take 53 of him.

Leroy Kelly Link

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/07/cleveland_browns_100_best_all-_56.html

Last edited:

Redcoyote

Rookie
Reaction score
I like DJ but from a fantasy perspective he isn't in my top 5, or even top 10.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Because DJ scored me a LOT of points last year and the Rams offense is going to be extremely 1 dimensional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say he wont get that many TD's per touch this year. That was high. Over a full season Gurley will score more points. We have 3 backs we want fresh for a playoff run. The Rams are going to use him up.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would say he wont get that many TD's per touch this year. That was high. Over a full season Gurley will score more points. We have 3 backs we want fresh for a playoff run. The Rams are going to use him up.

That's the way I am leaning too, but the QB situation scares me. They could very well just run 8 in the box against the rams ever down and not have to worry if they don't get some sort of passing game going.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's the way I am leaning too, but the QB situation scares me. They could very well just run 8 in the box against the rams ever down and not have to worry if they don't get some sort of passing game going.

Gurley is going to get his ass handed to him this year. Say hello to NFL defenses sold out to stop the run. Have fun, bud....

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Doesn't look like he was overvalued. I'm guessing the debate for next year will be either DJ or Ezekiel Elliot as the number 1 pick.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took him #1 overall, got mocked, highest scoring non QB in the entire NFL this year. Vindicated.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My coworker took Cam Newton #1 overall. We've been ripping him all year, LOL.

DJ lasted until pick 5 in my work league, I just missed him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like he was overvalued. I'm guessing the debate for next year will be either DJ or Ezekiel Elliot as the number 1 pick.

Levian Bell will be in the convo too if no suspensions are looming

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Gurley is a good back and Elliot is a good back with a great line, but I would take Bell and DJ over them... and I would take DJ over all of them because he can do it all at a high level, I'm sure not regret taking him first in my fantasy football draft along with a Mr. Tom Brady in the second round :)

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Please don't take offense, I've been more wrong than right about players, I just like going back and reading old posts (and I didn't bump this one). Good stuff. Ya'll are really knowledgeable about players. Mean that.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gurley is a good back and Elliot is a good back with a great line, but I would take Bell and DJ over them... and I would take DJ over all of them because he can do it all at a high level, I'm sure not regret taking him first in my fantasy football draft along with a Mr. Tom Brady in the second round :)

Have to say, I've watched Pitt and I don't get the fascination with Bell. I keep hearing he's the best back in the league or top 5 but I don't see it. He's patient picking blocks and holes, but I don't see what the rest of you do. Obviously I'm wrong but I think he's way over-rated.

Gurley sucks. I'd like to see what Zeke could do on our team behind our offensive line. You put DJ behind Dallas' line and damn...

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Have to say, I've watched Pitt and I don't get the fascination with Bell. I keep hearing he's the best back in the league or top 5 but I don't see it. He's patient picking blocks and holes, but I don't see what the rest of you do. Obviously I'm wrong but I think he's way over-rated.

Gurley sucks. I'd like to see what Zeke could do on our team behind our offensive line. You put DJ behind Dallas' line and damn...

Bell is incredibly shifty. He has phone booth wiggles as they say and he's still younger than DJ despite being in the league four years. My concern with him is durability and possible future suspension issues. Between the lines he's definitely a elite/complete back.

Zeke would be great anywhere.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bell is incredibly shifty. He has phone booth wiggles as they say and he's still younger than DJ despite being in the league four years. My concern with him is durability and possible future suspension issues. Between the lines he's definitely a elite/complete back.

I need to keep my eye more on Bell. I trust your judgment and others, but like I said I don't see it, and I have all the games as well as red zone and I just don't see it and wish I did. I keep looking, I have all year, I switch to their games but it's just not there for me.

Zeke is a great back regardless of where he plays, agree with you. I was never sold on Gurley, and I'm not sold on most backs, but Zeke is really talented.

Zeke and Johnson are the two best backs in the NFL, would you agree with that? Who do you think is better? And you talked about Bell, do you even think he's close?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I need to keep my eye more on Bell. I trust your judgment and others, but like I said I don't see it, and I have all the games as well as red zone and I just don't see it and wish I did. I keep looking, I have all year, I switch to their games but it's just not there for me.

Zeke is a great back regardless of where he plays, agree with you. I was never sold on Gurley, and I'm not sold on most backs, but Zeke is really talented.

Zeke and Johnson are the two best backs in the NFL, would you agree with that? Who do you think is better? And you talked about Bell, do you even think he's close?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bell had 300 yards and 3 TD's in the snow today. Leads the league in total yards per game.