What2Watch4: Cards at Fins

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Oh boy.

Kevin Minter, ILB, #51 vs. Jay Ajayi, RB, #23

That is not in the Cardinals favor.

.............I was going to comment more but that Dolphins fan is INTENSE.

#boobies

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Worried about stopping Ajayi as well, hopefully our offense shows up big because if they do, I think we can win a shootout

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Worried about stopping Ajayi as well, hopefully our offense shows up big because if they do, I think we can win a shootout

Yeah, it's interesting. I like the matchup of Palmer vs. Tannehill, but I don't think it's as muc of a mismatch as it seems on paper.

Miami's pass defense is legit. They're #7 in DVOA against #1 wideouts and 3rd against #2s. They're also 11th against RB receiving. That can't just be the defensive line, because they're garbage against #3s (29th). Those numbers are all adjusted for opponent, too, so it's not just a bad AFC East.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Both teams could rush for a buck fitty, or more.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reign Blood

Tattooed Hundredaire
Reaction score
Cards 24
Phins 21

when the season first started we couldn't get points early. Lately we have which catches the Phins attention.. We remain calm and kick one in the end of the game.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Classic Matchup: Multi-pronged pass rush vs. 3-step passing offense.

Key components:

- OL pass blocking

- WR clutch catches

- Carson's decision-making.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
23-20..... dolphins

We've only beat the niners on the road this year

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/what2watch4-arizona-cardinals-at-miami-dolphins/

In some ways, these teams are mirror images of each other. It's possible that the team that can average 4 YPC on the ground will win, although I kind of like the matchup of David Johnson against their linebacking corps.

Your matchups are spot on and will decide this game in my opinion. Agree that DJ (RB) should get the better of his matchup, but Hump V Mario Williams and Wetzel V Suh should worry us fans.

Mario Williams in particular worries me, he only has 1.5 sacks this year, but his experience compared to Hump is ridiculous, and he still has speed and some nifty moves to confuse the young DJ at LT. If they use LB stunts to his (LT) side that worries me, combined with Williams ability to engage Hump, letting the looping LB inside the LT and C gap. Hump will not be able to disengage Williams in that situation. Shipley has been poor in my estimation in protecting DJ's inside at LT. He's too slow and can't shed, and DJ must protect the outside rush as he did last game. Shipley let him down. We saw that last game against lesser talent. DJ may have taken the penalty but that's Shipley's responsibility. The other stunts Miami can use also concern me, where Williams crashes inside and both DJ and Shipley protect while the LB goes wide, outside of DJ. Those stunts can work against us.

Not so worried about Wetzel, even though Suh is the better rusher between he and Williams. Wetzel is a plodder/mauler, and while not very talented, Suh is a strength bull rusher with few moves, no effective spin move, and rarely dips his shoulder to create the leverage necessary to shed. He's a good player, but I expected him to expand his moves and game some time ago and he hasn't. He has one specialty and that's what he uses, apparently not interested in developing an all-around game.

Cameron Wake will destroy Ulrick John. You said Wake was a destroyer of men. Yes. Ulrick John sounds like some Viking but Wake is going to plant a flag in his ass.

The entire right side of our line can be destroyed just based on 1-1 matchups by Miami. The left side will be peppered continuously with LB stunts. Just pecking away early in the game until they figure out our assignments between LT and C. In the second half I expect them to break through on that side of the line as well.

I predict an ugly loss--not a blowout, but a painful loss. Football teams are predicated on lines, offensive and defensively. And with our poor special teams on top of all that, I don't see how we win Sunday.

Nice post by the way, I think you highlighted the keys to the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson