Dbacks trade Segura...

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could end up being an absolute steal. Walker hasn't hit his stride yet but is extremely talented and only 24. Even in his inconsistent 2016 state, he's better than every starter but Greinke (which granted doesn't take much)

Last edited:
OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This could end up being an absolute steal. Walker hasn't hit his stride yet but is extremely talented and only 22. Even in his inconsistent 2016 state, he's better than every starter but Greinke (which granted doesn't take much)

Not sure why but he didn't register a ton of innings... But seems to put up consistently solid WHIP's which is encouraging...

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
This could end up being an absolute steal. Walker hasn't hit his stride yet but is extremely talented and only 22. Even in his inconsistent 2016 state, he's better than every starter but Greinke (which granted doesn't take much)
He's 24, 25 next season

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I like this deal on paper. Walker was almost a Diamondback before Upton used his NTC clause back in 2013.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I was a big fan of Segura and hate to see him go but I am glad that for once we sold high on a player. I would be surprised if he could repeat his 2016 season.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Ketel Marte, too.

Looks really good to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
SO what's our plan at 2b? Drury?
'Sorry to see Segura go, but we desperately need starting pitching to back up Greinke.

I am so glad that management felt an obligation to reward Drury for his dedicated performance while bouncing between four positions last season at one of his two best -- 2B.

This will be a beneficial move that gives good players more than lip service and sets a positive example. And I would like to see the D-backs build chemistry with a day-to-day starting unit and bench strength. Baseball is an individual game played within a team concept and that shouldn't be overlooked.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Good to know! I really like this trade, regardless of how it ultimately pans out... Because:

1.) This regime said nothing derogatory about Segura before trading him...That alone is a refreshing change!
2.) They traded an asset who was at his peak!

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Good to know! I really like this trade, regardless of how it ultimately pans out... Because:

1.) This regime said nothing derogatory about Segura before trading him...That alone is a refreshing change!
2.) They traded an asset who was at his peak!

I agree with you and I also like the potential of Taijuan Walker/Ketel Marte. I think Segura probably had his best possible season and the GM received a couple of good assets in exchange for Segura.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I agree with you and I also like the potential of Taijuan Walker/Ketel Marte. I think Segura probably had his best possible season and the GM received a couple of good assets in exchange for Segura.
And our priority is starting pitching to back up Greinke, following the disappointment of Miller. It would be great if Walker's off-season surgery solves his bone spur problems and he can fill that all important #2 starter role. And, of course, we have Brandon Drury ready to step in at 2B and settle into one position instead of four. We have gained two starters by trading one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson