Westworld (HBO)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really enjoying it, love the fact that I still haven't figured out the end game...are they all after the same thing? Is the "maze" a real thing? If so who designed it and why? What or who is causing the "hosts" to become self aware?

Who exactly is the "man in black"? He obviously is someone famous, wealthy and he has the run of Westworld and appears to have been a regular since the beginning.

If I answered all of your questions, I would have to send you downstairs.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So it would appear 'Arnold' is a key to much of this.

I'm wondering if this is something along the lines of Truman Show where at the end the hosts break out or are released to the real work. Ford has made the so human that they're ready to be the next evolution of people.

Either way the show is great.

Anthony Hopkins character is just awesome.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm dying to call someone a creepy necro-perv. Raise your hand if you want to be totally burned with that gem.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The piano covers are up on youtube and more of the soundtrack is coming.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That Paint it Black version is sooo good.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
The piano covers are up on youtube and more of the soundtrack is coming.

That Paint it Black version is sooo good.

I love how they use the piano to play hit songs under the radar. They played one of my favorites "Fake Plastic Trees" in episode 6.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I love how they use the piano to play hit songs under the radar. They played one of my favorites "Fake Plastic Trees" in episode 6.
Was that the one when Maeve was walking around Delos and saw the repairs and hosts being made?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Was that the one when Maeve was walking around Delos and saw the repairs and hosts being made?
Nope. The one where the madame Wakes up and goes to the bar to get strangled.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
back in episode two I called it on dude being artificial...just had a hunch....another hunch is that the man in black is also artificial,...he is the same android Yul Brenner played in the original movie, thus, why he has been playing that game for 35 years.... I am digging the hunt for the maze and I am pretty sure it will be Delores who faces off with the man in black to keep him out of the maze.
love this show...finally got the ol'lady into loving it too... she generally needs something to hook her right away and this one started slow.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
back in episode two I called it on dude being artificial...just had a hunch....another hunch is that the man in black is also artificial,...he is the same android Yul Brenner played in the original movie, thus, why he has been playing that game for 35 years.... I am digging the hunt for the maze and I am pretty sure it will be Delores who faces off with the man in black to keep him out of the maze.
love this show...finally got the ol'lady into loving it too... she generally needs something to hook her right away and this one started slow.

Everyone knew about Bernard being a robot and everyone knows the MIB is William in a later timeline.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Everyone knew about Bernard being a robot and everyone knows the MIB is William in a later timeline.
William? the guest that is running around with delores? when was that revealed?... and why would he take to raping her regularly when he appears to like her a bit?

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
William? the guest that is running around with delores? when was that revealed?... and why would he take to raping her regularly when he appears to like her a bit?

It hasn't been revealed yet, but it's been hinted at so hard that everyone already knows. Just read the internet.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally caught up. My wife and I are obsessed with this show. Loved the Yul Brynner Easter egg a couple episodes back. You can see a quick shot of The Gunslinger in the background. It was awesome.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! That last episode was incredible. This season has flown by. I'm enjoying this so much more than TWD right now.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Arnold thing was hinted to in ep8 when Ford handed you know who the photo while they were in Fords office.

I'm still not sold on the multiple timeline theory (William being the MIB), but there have been bits here and there that could provide evidence to that.

Bernard being an android was given away in ep1 when he asked to record Theresa's angry brow during the Sheriff's analysis scene.

The MIB raping Delores is only speculation too. As we now know she has a whole lot of memories stored up and in there are clues for the maze.

Oh, I also think Stubbs, the security guy, is an android too. He's wearing the same thing in every episode. Much like Bernard.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The Arnold thing was hinted to in ep8 when Ford handed you know who the photo while they were in Fords office.

I'm still not sold on the multiple timeline theory (William being the MIB), but there have been bits here and there that could provide evidence to that.

Bernard being an android was given away in ep1 when he asked to record Theresa's angry brow during the Sheriff's analysis scene.

The MIB raping Delores is only speculation too. As we now know she has a whole lot of memories stored up and in there are clues for the maze.

Oh, I also think Stubbs, the security guy, is an android too. He's wearing the same thing in every episode. Much like Bernard.
The biggest clue for multiple timelines is when the MIB met the female that eventually tricked and captured he and Teddy the MIB said "they always recycle the pretty ones", that was the same android that initially met with William when he first arrived at Westworld.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So there is a

Samurai World! It would be awesome to see glimpses of other parks. The Michael Crichton’s original 1973 movie included Roman World and Medieval World. The movie sequel was Future World. When Maeve decided to exit the train, everything shut down in the terminal like it was part of the park. Was that really leading to the "outside" or was she simply to another world (Future World)?!? I don't think she was ever getting out.

There is something much bigger at play because the inference (see note about Maeve's daughter said "Park 1". There are multiple parks with West World being at the center of it all. There is a much bigger narrative at play here yet to be revealed.

Also sad to see Mr. Hopkins exit. Such a GREAT actor on this show.

Last edited:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Awesome finale. I loved the MIB's smirk at the end.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So there is a

Samurai World! It would be awesome to see glimpses of other parks. The Michael Crichton’s original 1973 movie included Roman World and Medieval World. The movie sequel was Future World. When Maeve decided to exit the train, everything shut down in the terminal like it was part of the park. Was that really leading to the "outside" or was she simply in Future World?!? I don't think she was ever getting out.

Also sad to see Mr. Hopkins exit. Such a GREAT actor on this show.

I thought that it was the guy that was supposed to take over for Ford, Sizemore I think, that pulled the big switch that shut everything down. At the time I thought it might be a security measure so none of the hosts could escape, but then I wondered if he could be a host and was just another domino in Ford's plan so the hosts could escape. I need to watch that again.