David Johnson

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
From OJ to DJ, they need to give DJ a nose guard face mask like OJ... and his running style sort of actually hints of OJ's power and strides in my opinion
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he is. Ever since being given the reigns last year he's been a real beast. IMO he's the best RB we've had since OJ Anderson.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is scary is that in a sense he's still learning on the job. He is improving almost every week. Last year he was constantly turning his back in the pile, this year he rarely does it. he's improved his blitz pickup, he's improved his vision. he's much more patient this year, he's more disciplined. It really is scary how good he can be.

As they said last night, better to be lucky than good, the plan was Ameer Abdullah and instead we end up with Golden and DJ out of it.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Amazing to think that our team has the #3 rusher in the NFL, while we have just one WR in the top 50 in reception and our QB sits at #29 in passer rating!!! Wow....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some more DJ stuff. The Jets are 4th in the NFL in rush defense in terms of ypc. I don't know what Gruden was on last night but he kept saying their run defense is good because their pass defense is so bad nobody tries to run on them. But teams are running 25 times a game against the jets, which is about midway in the NFL. They're not all 4th quarter carries by a team 30 points ahead so that argument is incorrect.

So they are giving up 3.4 YPC, DJ put up 4.9 with 2 backup guards. And they have now allowed 4 rushing TD's, 3 of them last night to DJ.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about, for nicknames, we call him The Music Man? Mr NoNickName? Or, my favorite, Stiff Johnson? Okay, I suck at nicknames (and that was not innuendo).

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
we have a saying in my section... All Fitz does is catch the ball

The new one for DJ; All he does is move the chains.

Last edited:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I am hoping for DJ3K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Might have been Buckybird who suggested the nickname but 'the horse' to me is perfect. You can ride that guy to victory

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lost in all this mess tonight, DJ is over 1000yrds from scrimmage thru 7 games this kid is special!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA