Finding a QB In-Waiting

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Trust me, BA & SK are aware of this need. That said their primary focus is win now and that's the correct focus. Drafting late and having key holes to fill makes it extremely difficult to accomplish this task. I know the armchair GMs want to talk about Prescott, but think how many teams passed on him. He was/is no sure thing. The Cards need to get Brady lucky or find another vet (the most probable solution).

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
matthew stafford, come on down!

Is Stafford rumored to be available or is he just your preference?

There are some possibilities in the draft. I like Mahomes of TT.

Next season is the last season on his contract so if he doesn't light it up, the lions could be shopping him by them. Stafford would be awesome.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
BA has always gone out of his way to compliment Cutler and wanted to coach the Bears before we hired him. I think it could be an interesting 'stock low' acquisition but I just don't see it happening if Palmer is still under contract though. Best case would be signing him to a 3-yr back-loaded deal so he could backup CP for a year. Again that's best case but would probably never happen.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Stafford I could see. Cutler- that feels like a really heavy lift.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shudder at the thought of Cutler

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Matt Ryan please

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
A buddy is an ATL fan, he says Ryan unravels in big games.....so I guess it'll be as if Palmer never left if it happens. Really dislike Cutler..d-bag IMO. Stafford I could deal with I guess but I a QB like Mahomes would be my preference, big, mobile QB who can make every throw.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yea no on cutler he has a decent deep ball but really not accurat, also when was the last cutler won a playoff gm?

But would def enjoy watching stafford or ryan in a cards uniform

even though by than fitz will be retired cards will still have solid wrs for a new qb

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I like Bridgewater and lauded him pre draft. However, he's not BA's kind of QB. He has a good arm, but is not accurate on many of his deep throws. That's the attractiveness of Stafford & Cutler. The can throw deep with ease. I think Minn will tag Stafford if he keeps playing strongly. Keep in mind that much of what is being said about Cutler was once said about Palmer. Cutler isn't as good as Palmer and there are real concerns. One is what will the receiving corps look like at that point? Still Cutler can win in BA's system if they give him weapons like Palmer has had.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
yea no on cutler he has a decent deep ball but really not accurat, also when was the last cutler won a playoff gm?

But would def enjoy watching stafford or ryan in a cards uniform

even though by than fitz will be retired cards will still have solid wrs for a new qb

When was the last time Palmer won a playoff game before he came here? Any vet that would be available to come here would be pretty warty.

I like Bridgewater and lauded him pre draft. However, he's not BA's kind of QB. He has a good arm, but is not accurate on many of his deep throws. That's the attractiveness of Stafford & Cutler. The can throw deep with ease. I think Minn will tag Stafford if he keeps playing strongly. Keep in mind that much of what is being said about Cutler was once said about Palmer. Cutler isn't as good as Palmer and there are real concerns. One is what will the receiving corps look like at that point? Still Cutler can win in BA's system if they give him weapons like Palmer has had.

Arizona has been like Pittsburgh where we've always been able to find quality wideouts. I'd be a little more concerned with Cutler that he couldn't succeed when he had weapons around him.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson