Devin Booker = Franchise Player?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A lot of people have been giving him praise. Here is a video of him getting a ton of praise from coaches and players on team USA.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thanks for posting, it was a great watch.

Popovich raving about him like he's gonna try and poach him from us somehow :biglaugh:

Cousins and Klay seem to see a lot of promise in him too.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I know we added a lot of young and exciting pieces and stuff but honestly this kid will still be my primary reason for watching Suns games. And I'd guess that most Suns fans care like 80% about him and 20% the rest.

Suns org better hope that he doesn't get injured cause I think they'd lose quite a bit of $$ if that happens through ticket sales and such.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I know we added a lot of young and exciting pieces and stuff but honestly this kid will still be my primary reason for watching Suns games. And I'd guess that most Suns fans care like 80% about him and 20% the rest.

Suns org better hope that he doesn't get injured cause I think they'd lose quite a bit of $$ if that happens through ticket sales and such.

Booker, Buckets, and Ulis are the only youngsters who really have the most chance to make an impact this upcoming season. The rest are long term projects at best.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I hope Alex can be added to that group. For me it's more probable that he'll have a bigger impact than Ulis. Go team!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Booker, Buckets, and Ulis are the only youngsters who really have the most chance to make an impact this upcoming season. The rest are long term projects at best.
I think Chriss may have a better chance than Ulis to make an impact this season. Not sure if Ulis will be ahead of Knight or Barbosa in the depth chart while Chriss should be the primary backup behind Dudley.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

He's defenitely the headliner until someone else steps up.

I'm hoping him and Chriss develop some chemistry.

from phone

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NBA GMs Annual Survey:

You must be registered for see images attach

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker, Chriss, Warren, Len, Ulis all have a chance to really make an impact (in that order) and all are worthy of watching. Its a fun time to be a Suns fan.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Chriss may have a better chance than Ulis to make an impact this season. Not sure if Ulis will be ahead of Knight or Barbosa in the depth chart while Chriss should be the primary backup behind Dudley.

I agree with the rest but I hope you're wrong on this part. If it were up to me we'd be using Dudley as the backup and starting Chriss. It might cost us some game early but it would pay dividends in the long run. His body looks capable of standing up to the game and so far, he seems to be a sponge. He's learning very quickly and that should be rewarded with minutes IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker, Chriss, Warren, Len, Ulis all have a chance to really make an impact (in that order) and all are worthy of watching. Its a fun time to be a Suns fan.

I'd amend that to Booker, Chriss/Warren, Len, Ulis, Bender and Jones as worthy of watching and fun to anticipate their minutes. We probably won't see much of Jones but I suspect we're going to be blown out in quite a few games so maybe he'll see some time that way. I'm actually looking forward to the blowouts as long as they happen less frequently as the season progresses.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree with the rest but I hope you're wrong on this part. If it were up to me we'd be using Dudley as the backup and starting Chriss. It might cost us some game early but it would pay dividends in the long run. His body looks capable of standing up to the game and so far, he seems to be a sponge. He's learning very quickly and that should be rewarded with minutes IMO.
Oh trust me, I'd love for Chriss to be the starter day 1 over Dudley but everything I've heard from Watson and Dudley suggest that Dudley will be the starter for at least half the season or if Dudley gets injured whichever comes first. I think they want to bring him along slowly since he seems to have a lot of issues with foul trouble as of now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh trust me, I'd love for Chriss to be the starter day 1 over Dudley but everything I've heard from Watson and Dudley suggest that Dudley will be the starter for at least half the season or if Dudley gets injured whichever comes first. I think they want to bring him along slowly since he seems to have a lot of issues with foul trouble as of now.

I don't know about Watson but I certainly took Dudley's comments that way, and didn't like them. Dudley is a liability as a backup and a joke as a starter. Chriss is going to make a lot of rookie mistakes, probably more than most rookies, but we just have nothing to gain by making him sit behind a marginal player. I like Dudley as a teammate but as a player....

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NBA GMs expect big things from Suns' Booker this season
First it was LeBron James, and now it's the rest of the NBA.

After James this summer said Devin Booker is a future All-Star, the Suns second-year guard was voted most likely to have a breakout season in the annual NBA GM survey.

Booker garnered 31 percent of the vote, followed in by reigning Rookie of the Year Karl-Anthony Towns of the Timberwolves (13.8 percent. Pacers forward Myles Turner (10.3 percent), Lakers guard D'Angelo Russell (6.9 percent) and T-Wolves forward Andrew Wiggins (6.9 percent) filled out the top 5.

"It's a big statement," Booker said Tuesday. "But I wouldn't be able to do it without my teammate. ... I'm not trying to live up to somebody else's expectations. I'm just trying to go out there and play my best every time I step on the floor. That's my goal."
http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/st...ngs-from-suns-devin-booker-this-season-102016

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone jumping on the bandwagon without even knowing what the bandwagon is. It's not like they've been watching Devin and have discovered his greatness. It's just that they keep hearing others say it so they just echo those thoughts. That's a lot of attention and pressure for Devin that he really hasn't earned. I believe in him but this might be too much, too soon and almost impossible for anyone to live up too.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Everyone jumping on the bandwagon without even knowing what the bandwagon is. It's not like they've been watching Devin and have discovered his greatness. It's just that they keep hearing others say it so they just echo those thoughts. That's a lot of attention and pressure for Devin that he really hasn't earned. I believe in him but this might be too much, too soon and almost impossible for anyone to live up too.
What are you going to do about it?

Easy to say this, but it's far from the reality. Unfortunate? Maybe.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Eh I'll take any good press that the Suns can get (even if it means overrating Booker) after we've been destroyed and ripped apart by the media for the past 5 years.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Everyone jumping on the bandwagon without even knowing what the bandwagon is. It's not like they've been watching Devin and have discovered his greatness. It's just that they keep hearing others say it so they just echo those thoughts. That's a lot of attention and pressure for Devin that he really hasn't earned.

I agree.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does he have another gear? When I watch him I keep getting this feeling that there is another gear he hasn't discovered yet.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's his weird that his 3pt shooting % is rather mediocre because when I actually watch him play, I feel like he's a 40%+ 3pt shooter easily.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Defenitley a good sign if he can stay grounded through all this and still play his game.

I've seen professional athletes that can only excel when the are NOT the focal point. The Suns need a star.

from phone

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson