Padres @ Dbacks Series Thread

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes. Welcome back Collementer, to the tune of a 3 run home run.

9-0 to the crappy Padres. What's worse than crap? Cuz we are that.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This team is a complete joke in every sense of the word. The entire coaching staff needs to be fired. Every last one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to fault the coaches when the FO trades away talent for trash.

This mess goes above and beyond Chip Hale.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There is one common denominator with our long string of crappy baseball, Ken Kendrick.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And what did Towers do to Gibby?
He relieved a Manager who showed signs of a health problem. I saw that something was wrong every time Gibby made his way to the mound.

It was no surprise that he was ultimately diagnosed with Parkinson's. Gibby was clearly not at his best and it took away from his best feature. The fire in his belly.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
He relieved a Manager who showed signs of a health problem. I saw that something was wrong every time Gibby made his way to the mound.

It was no surprise that he was ultimately diagnosed with Parkinson's. Gibby was clearly not at his best and it took away from his best feature. The fire in his belly.

I was referring to the "great" trades Towers made during Gibson's time here. Yeah, he wasn't the same though.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
GOLDY with a double and a HR in his first two at bats! Dbacks up 7-1 and GOLDY looking like GOLDY damn near brings a tear to my eye! Grienke looking great too other than 1 pitch to kemp

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
GOLDY with a double and a HR in his first two at bats! Dbacks up 7-1 and GOLDY looking like GOLDY damn near brings a tear to my eye! Grienke looking great too other than 1 pitch to kemp.
I think Greinke's approach in that regard is like Schilling's was with the D-backs.

Never be afraid of giving up a solo home run. Throw your hardest and your best. Then, with runners on base, get cagey.

It worked for Schilling. And now, for Greinke, too.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7-1 lead into the 4th! Me likey.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Great insight BC. I totally agree! Grienke, for all the panicking early and despite a less than stellar start to the season is still well on his way to 6-3 with an era that continues to improve. If GOLDY can get going there is still time to get back in this thing. I firmly believe that as those two guys go, so go the Dbacks.

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We won, barely!

Bert said we were losers of 11 of the past 15 games (ouch) before today's win. 1 game winning streak!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We won, barely!

Bert said we were losers of 11 of the past 15 games (ouch) before today's win. 1 game winning streak!

I was like, wait, when did I say that? lol Took me a second to realize you meant Berthiume.

Great win, although I see my jynx game is still strong, lol we almost blew it. Saw some good things in the win tho. I'll take it now lets get the series tomorrow. Or is this a 4? Pulling out the schedule on my phone seems like so much work right now. lol

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was like, wait, when did I say that? lol Took me a second to realize you meant Berthiume.

Lol. His name is so hard for me to remember how to spell for some reason.

Loved seeing Goldy homer, double and almost single tonight.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Zeeegs...eeeesh! Huddy looks so damn good....
Brenly was in Bick and Marrotta on Friday and suggested there is something physically wrong with Goldy. I have thought so all along. But he sure swung well last night.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I suggested on Facebook yesterday that Ziegler would be a good piece to trade away at the deadline since we could fill Hudson in that role with Clipper and Barrett? behind him, and it's clear that Ziegler has been losing it a bit this year. Games like this really hurt your trade value.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Arizona Diamondbacks ‏@Dbacks 1h1 hour ago
The #Dbacks starting lineup looking to take the series.
You must be registered for see images attach

frankeegee1

All Star
Reaction score
Come on, Archie. I'm really pulling for you.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson